Accountancy Forum
MBA (LUMS) vs CA (PAKISTAN) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: MBA (LUMS) vs CA (PAKISTAN) (/showthread.php?tid=3569)

Pages: 1 2

MBA (LUMS) vs CA (PAKISTAN) - ali514 - 07-18-2006

Which one is better?

After doing ACCA, wat is better?

Is it wise to MBA from LUMS or CA Pakistan?

Can one get admission in LUMS on the basis of bachelors from oxford brookes after ACCA Part 2?

- Schuaeb - 07-19-2006

In my opinion MBA LUMS is the better option, although, I have no proof to substantiate my opinion.

- Abdur.Rehman - 07-19-2006

MBA LUMS is a very good degree..but u cant compare a management degree with an accountancy degree.
There is no doubt about the quality of both.
If u r talking about future, then both are equal.
Time period is also same.
I think if u have to choose between the two, there is nothing to choose, its just ur trend or aptitude, wut suits ur personality.
best of luck

- ausmanpk2001 - 07-20-2006

Unfortunately HEC doesn't gives equivalence to oxford brookes bsc hons earned in pakistan. They ask for physical presence in the UK i.e passport or something else...if you can arrange something then you can get equivalence certificate..

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 07-20-2006

it will be more appropriate to say as MBA-LUMS (PAKISTAN) & CA-ICAP PAKISTAN.

(;-)

- Pracs - 07-20-2006

I personally think that CA is the better option, I was in a some what similar position but then passed on for CA,.. specially because I was interested in MBA Finance and when I went for the LUMS initiation and met the students I realised that a lot of them were already professionals Doctors, Engineers etc.

Well, I am not sure if I would have been better off had I gone for the MBA,..

- insaan - 07-20-2006

in ur situation i wud hav gon 4 MBA (LUMS)

- sportyspice - 07-25-2006

well pracs is right..one can go for mba even after being a proffesional and it is much more worthwhile doing this way......ali u got to see your potential....if u believe u can study hard and be a ca in appropriate time frame then go for it and u can do your mba laters...but if there is even a slightest doubt than u better go for mba from lums as it is a valuable oportunity not to be wasted.....but first tell me....does lums accept acca?....i am not sure???????

- Pracs - 07-25-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br />in ur situation i wud hav gon 4 MBA (LUMS)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That is why you are not me !!

- fsiddiqui - 07-26-2006

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!
I think nothing is comparable with CA neverthless if i would have choice to get admission in LUMS or ICAP i will prefer LUMS
but keep in mind to get in lums is difficult but rest of the procedure is not so cumbersome on the other hand to get in ICAP is so easy but to survive there is so dificult.
think before u do.
BEST OF LUcK.

- Schuaeb - 07-27-2006

Pracs difference of opinion will remain untill there are more than one people on this earth. (Just kiddin) So, MBA LUMS is the better option.

- srqureshi - 07-27-2006

In Pakistan, there is no match with CA if one has to work in the field of accountancy in a managerial capacity. All around the country first preference is given to CA then come the other qualifications. This is evident of day to day relevant advertisements. Besides, I am saying this because I am a professional accountant.

- noman - 07-27-2006

it depends on aptitude.....if u are the kind who likes no bull****...and can sit do work...then do CA........if u have ability to speak,,,and ur good at interacting with people u can do mba...

- Schuaeb - 07-29-2006

I don't know all the student of CA consider that it is the best qualification in the world!!!!

- Pracs - 07-29-2006

You guys are missing the point here, we are talking about MBA Finance and CA.. SO what Noman has said above does not make sense. Good interaction and people skills are needed as a CA as well.