Accountancy Forum
ACCA/CA OR ACMA after M.com - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA/CA OR ACMA after M.com (/showthread.php?tid=3731)

ACCA/CA OR ACMA after M.com - alishan - 08-25-2006

Hello Guys!
I am presently doing my internship as a part of my M.com degree-I intend to do some professional degree after this degree.
I am currently favoring CA over ACCA and ACMA. I am exempted Foundation due to M.com -
I also can avail 5 exemptions in ACCA and 7 in ACMA.
Althought i can start a job, but i think its always needed to have some good degree to move higher in your career.
So please tell me if i should go ahead in CA as i want mainly to extend my career in Finance.
Please also guide me if i am allowed to start my articleship after completing Inter level although i can start Articleship right after registering with ICAP.
Should i move with CA or with ACCA.
One thing i have found on this forum is the lack of comparison between CA and ACCA on this forum as last topic was started 3 years ago and when somebody starts new topic comparing CA with ACCA now, he is simply given link to old post.
Waiting for a sincere response.

- ausmanpk2001 - 08-25-2006

Well.
CA & ACCA cannot be compared in terms of market value in Pakistan

CA is the top high flying degree in PK market... ACCA also has good market repu now but there is still no comparison.

If you CAN complete CA, then go for out. Its the best accounting/finance qual(in terms of market value) in pak after CFA...

But you have to consider some things that you wont be paid much during articles. So you had to rely on ur family for the next 4/5 years.

Its upto you to decide, if you can complete CA, then do it otherwise ACCA is a very good option( Plz note that ACCA is not cake either, you HAVE to study to pass)

- alishan - 08-26-2006

Hey buddy!
I live in Lahore and have found that top accountancy ginats like SKANS and PACS dont offer coaching for CFA.
Can u tell me some excellent but mainly reliable tution provider in Lahore <>?

- capricorn_me - 08-27-2006

CFE is offering coaching for all 3 levels of CFA

- alishan - 08-28-2006

But how well do they teach ?

- alishan - 09-01-2006

Hey Guys!
Can u please conirm exemption of foundation level for M.com >?

- ausmanpk2001 - 09-01-2006

MCom gets stages 1 & 2 exempted & paper presentation & communication skills of stage 3 exempted

- alishan - 09-03-2006

Yap!
Great news dude. Now i gona ake it in CA ----
Thanx for all yur support and be sure that i imagine CA not as a bed of rosses but as a path of thorns

- alishan - 09-03-2006

Hello Guys!
1-Can u please tell me if i can attempt last 2 papers of Module C+ one paper from Module D.
2-Another things is that i want to start Job after Module D (CA INTER), please tell me if this job shall count
as my article ship although i know articleship is more superior as it covers many industries and any aspects of business.

- alishan - 09-05-2006

well i just received mail from ICAP rep. and she told that i can only be granted exemptions from Foundation