Accountancy Forum
CIMA vs ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CIMA vs ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=3991)

CIMA vs ACCA - Taify - 12-06-2006

Hey friends,
Tell me which is the better one?
I am doing from SBS (It's a good institure,right?)
How much will i be paid if i do ACCA?? starting salary?
How much will i be paid if i do CIMA? Starting salary?

The thing is simple
I want to earn more.... CA is tough!!!! so that cannot be an option bcz ....
U know what i mean?
Plz help me

- Taify - 12-06-2006

I've been on some Job Related Website and there is no one who want a "CIMA"???
I mean Account MANAGER?
Sum1 plz reply

- abbasifaizan - 12-07-2006

hmm the thing is that cima is also tougher than acca. what will u earn doesnt depend on wheteher u do acca or cima. whatever u do among the 2 , it will b ur professional class that will earn 4 u . do acca if u lack gud financial support, else do cima. but remember jitna gurh daalo gey utna mheeta ho ga

- Taify - 12-07-2006

I do know what you mean...
But i want to earn more.. THAT'S THE THING.
Ready to work hard

Plz reply fast

- accountant1 - 12-08-2006

CIMA is more industry focused than ACCA.
As a CIMA studier you should look beyond the financial aspects of the business, looking to develope your role into a more management position, focusing on what makes the business a success but not in just financial terms. Success is not just good financial control (think of the balanced score card approach). You should look to have an input and develope an understanding of all the areas of the companies activities.
Add to that at CIMA we don't cover in depth tax and avoid audit.
Pay scales are similar upto a point but with CIMA there is no real higher level in finance to aim, you should look beyond the fiance department for career goals.
Hope this helps.

- abbasifaizan - 12-08-2006

Be patient, ur earning depends on many things . u cant distinguish b/w the 2 by pay scale bcoz they r almost parallel. do cima if u want 2 work in a manufacturing co. do acca if u wanna do work in bank and esp in middle east. got it? i will advise u 2 do CA if u r too serious abt ur earning. it has the greatest exposure so the highest earning. moreover if u will work outside pak den the earning is atleast 3 times

- insaan - 12-08-2006

yes abbasi U R rite...a fresh CA from ICAP is nowadays being offered pAKistani Rs 4 to 4.5 lac pm in UK ..n its true..n after 1 year 1 of my friend is earning Rs 5.5 lac pm..n he's in London
on the other hand an ACCA is offered Rs 1 to 1.5 lac pm...
so baat yehee hai k jitna gur dalo gay utna meetha...

- daud ahmad - 07-02-2009

hi
can i get some more details about earning difference b/w acca,cima,acma and ca.
plz guide me in detail. i m doing b.com and i m in confusion to do acca or acma or ca. now i wana decide what to do next.
will be appriciated greatly
thanks

- waqastalib - 02-09-2010

I am ACCA Finalist & also completed Master in Finance, I wish to do CIMA.
IS it better for me????????

- Dard - 02-09-2010

Having more than one qualification is always better provided they are relevant to each other. It will develop your knowledge more and develop your professional career