Accountancy Forum
how tough is Ca for a math,physics,chemistry stud? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: how tough is Ca for a math,physics,chemistry stud? (/showthread.php?tid=4260)

how tough is Ca for a math,physics,chemistry stud? - aaddaam - 03-01-2007

i hav passed my fsc (12th) last yr with math physics and chmenistry and now em thinking of doing Ca...a lot of people say me tht CA is very tough after fsc and u should do B.com like things to get the basic knowledge of accounting before CA.....so here is my question IS CA REALLY MUCHH DIFFICULT FOR A FSC STUDENT ?

- derivativetrader - 03-01-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aaddaam</i>
<br />i hav passed my fsc (12th) last yr with math physics and chmenistry and now em thinking of doing Ca...a lot of people say me tht CA is very tough after fsc and u should do B.com like things to get the basic knowledge of accounting before CA.....so here is my question IS CA REALLY MUCHH DIFFICULT FOR A FSC STUDENT ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I would agree that in Pakistan perhaps there is more demand and career opportunities for chartered accountants than CFAs or actuaries. To qualify as a CA wouldn't be impossible nor easy. It would require a lot of motivation and hardwork. Your background in science doesn't make it impossible to qualify as a CA but I tend to agree that a background in accounts may help to better understand the CA subjects. This by no means imply that you would struggle in CA subjects with your current background but a normal person may prefer to enter the profession with an accounts background.

DT

- nabeelanwer - 03-01-2007

Best time to join CA is after FSc!

- ausmanpk2001 - 03-01-2007

Accounts background doesn't helps you, but rather "dishelps" you because i've seen people from ICOM background so they think they have already studied all the stuff (cuz the accounting syllabus is almost the same) and they fail because of this sttitude.

although, being from a stats, economics background might be helpful

And CA starts from the scratch, its almost the same hard for people coming from any background. so don't think that doing being FSc makes it difficult & BCom easy. thats rubbish!!

and BCom doesn't gives you basic knowledge, if you look at the syllabus, BCom's syllabus almost 100% same as that of CA'a first two years & many books are the same too!! Its just a matter of perfection, ICAP requires perfection from its students which requires a lot of practice and hardwork and if any one can devotes that to ICAP then he'll pass irrespective of the background they have come from

I have two advises for you

First of all, donot start CA, ACCA is a better option. You can decide about CA later on

But if you are too much insistent on doing it, then don't look at how much background matters, but look at how much time & hardwork it requires & will you be able to give it for the period of 6 years?

- aaddaam - 03-02-2007

u all people have different opinions

@ausmanpk2001

why should i do ACCA rather then CA ? wat benefits i get if i do ACCA 1st nd then CA?
why ACCA is a better option ?
u say tht CA requires 6 yrs devotion...but to be masters in any subject we also need 6 yrs and for every kinda guud recognize degree we need atleast 6 yrs gud study....wat lums and IBA students? they also hav to study hard for 6 yrs to pass masters otherwise they r ejaculated frm these uni`s
then why people say CA is so long MAN 6 years?????

@nabeelanwer
why u says tht best time to join CA is aft Fsc ? do u urself got addmission in CA aft fsc ? then if yes then how did u find it ? how much hard ?

@mfahr
thank u for ur advice it will encourage me very much

@derivativetrader

then wat do u suggest wat should i do before CA ?

- Muhammad Amir - 03-02-2007

Ohhhhhh boy asking for toughness of CA is big joke CA's guru ICAPs standard is th more will fail the greater will be the value..................CA is very easy just their polices and retared FCAs made it difficult...........if you are sincare and financially sound you should go for CIMA don't waste your time in ICAP ok........a good suggestion can only help you and only suggest you about what is going inside

- sara-i - 03-20-2007

having accounting base, is less helpful in most of the cases.
it makes a man extra confident .
but i helped some ppl , who took CA serious from very start
it is helpful only coz u hav short time of practice, but Fsc student hav practice of doing hard work so its not difficult
i was also just FSc ( pre- Engneering)
when started CA.

- Kashif87 - 03-21-2007

When I first started C.A. ...all I heard was that "it is the most difficult qualification of all"..."ICAP fails students without any reason"..."there is quota system"...and other stuff like this..now I m in module D and I feel that CA studies are not at all difficult...all u need is to be regular and focussed on the job..THE ONLY DIFFICULT PART OF THIS COURSE ARE THE ACTUAL 3 HRS WHICH U SPEND IN THE EXAMINATION HALL...THESE CALL FOR COMPREHENSIVE UNDERSTANDING OF THE SUBJECT MATTER AND PRECISION IN APPLYING ITS CONCEPTS IN A SHORT SPAN OF TIME...THE REASON WHY PPL SAY IT IS DIFFICULT IS THAT WE R NOT ACCUSTOMED TO SUCH EXAMS WHICH TEST UNDERSTANDING AND APPLICATION...
so to sum up
preparation...very easy(as compared to other qualifications)
going through the exams...only difficult thing in CA(ofcourse the most important one also)

- pakistani - 03-21-2007

WEl For A Fsc student CA should not b tough.Im module B student.It hv nothing to do wid Fsc Icom or B.com either.All u hv to do is to remain consistent.If u can then u r A FCA(Future Chatered Accountant).no matter wether u hv studied these subjects before or not.I hv also done Fsc.

- nme - 03-22-2007

ASSALAM O ALAIKUM
WITH ALL THE BEST WISHES. I CAN JUST SAY THAT FOR A STUDENT OF FSC(PRE.ENG), THE STATS N MATHS PORTION WONT BE HARD. BECAUSE WE HAVE ALREADY USED TO DO THAT ()EVEN LOT HARDER THAN THAT), BUT THE ACCOUNTS PORTION NEEDS SOME BASIC KNOWLEDGE. AS I DID B COM HAVING DONE FSC(PRE ENG), I FELT THE SAME. IF U HAVE TIME JUST CONSIDER MY OPINION N GET SOME BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF ACCOUNTS. N THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEM IN FUTURE.
PRAYERS R NEEDED (AS I M ALSO GONNA DO CA)

- aaddaam - 03-23-2007

thank U all for ur kind responses.....i will look forward to get any sort of help from u people if i want in future....
thankx again sooo much