Accountancy Forum
help plz [ about big 4 ] - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: help plz [ about big 4 ] (/showthread.php?tid=4610)

help plz [ about big 4 ] - BeL@L - 07-05-2007

hello,
ACCA Internship with big 4 in middle east region or internship in small business practice in UK?

As far as Middl-east big 4 practice concern there are alot of opportunities for more exposure in life. I am already working in uk in small firm it might be give more option for future career but not as such exposure as in big4.

what do you prefer a guy should migrate to middle east from UK?
What 'll be situation after working 2 years in abu dhabi, dubai area or should I keep continue in UK?

In uk biggest problem is 'visa' but I know atleast about uk so I have hope for move forward. But in middle east region I don't have visa problem.

what do you recommend or suggest?

Many Thanks
Regards,

- Goodman - 07-05-2007

move to big 4 in middle east. you can always go back to join small firm in UK or else where

- kamranACA - 07-05-2007

Dear,

If u are working at UK then u must possess visa for stay or work or study. Visa is also required for UAE; however, it is easier to get visa from UAE as compared to UK.

Keeping so many things in view, I firmly advise you to stay at UK and make it a place to live in future.

Regards,

Kamran.

- BeL@L - 07-05-2007

do u know what is ranking of big4 in abu dhabi and in dubai?

- derivativetrader - 07-05-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BeL@L</i>
<br />do u know what is ranking of big4 in abu dhabi and in dubai?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Couple of things

a. Please enlighten us whether you're working in an accountancy firm in the UK or 'simply' working in the UK.

b. I think if you're working as a student in the UK, you should contact some recruitment agencies and try to get a job with a Big4 or some other firm whould would help you to transfer onto a work permit programme.

c. If you can't find a job in the UK and do need a work permit too, then as Goodman said, your option would be to move to Dubai in a Big4 and perhaps after spending 2-3 years try your luck to get transferred across here, if you're still interested in working here.

- BeL@L - 07-05-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BeL@L</i>

Couple of things

a. Please enlighten us whether you're working in an accountancy firm in the UK or 'simply' working in the UK.

b. I think if you're working as a student in the UK, you should contact some recruitment agencies and try to get a job with a Big4 or some other firm whould would help you to transfer onto a work permit programme.

c. If you can't find a job in the UK and do need a work permit too, then as Goodman said, your option would be to move to Dubai in a Big4 and perhaps after spending 2-3 years try your luck to get transferred across here, if you're still interested in working here.

a. i am working in practice firm in uk but not as much bigger like local accountant firms. so I don't see any hope for myself to satisfy and fulfill my aims.

b. i did contact with agencies and i am recently refused for internal audit role through reeds just because of my visa status because i am on student visa. As far as my existing company its not big so they don't bother about it untill they are paying me less. But i want to move forward.

C. you 're right my main problem is just work permit becuase mostlty recruiter ask for the eligibility first. I am trying my best to get some way here because i want to stay here in futur but my career comes first so its not bad choice to move middle east then back here.

But my first periority will find some solution here.

Highly appreciated as always, If you explain me more ways to get good employer and work permit as well.

Many Thanks,
Regards,

- derivativetrader - 07-05-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BeL@L</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BeL@L</i>

Couple of things

a. i am working in practice firm in uk but not as much bigger like local accountant firms. so I don't see any hope for myself to satisfy and fulfill my aims.

b. i did contact with agencies and i am recently refused for internal audit role through reeds just because of my visa status because i am on student visa. As far as my existing company its not big so they don't bother about it untill they are paying me less. But i want to move forward.

C. you 're right my main problem is just work permit becuase mostlty recruiter ask for the eligibility first. I am trying my best to get some way here because i want to stay here in futur but my career comes first so its not bad choice to move middle east then back here.

Highly appreciated as always, If you explain me more ways to get good employer and work permit as well.

Many Thanks,
Regards,

Where are you based? If you could give me your contact details, then I'll contact you and perhaps offer some guidance. I want to find more about you as I may be able to offer some help.

- BeL@L - 07-06-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by derivativetrader</i>

Couple of things

Many Thanks,
Regards,

Where are you based? If you could give me your contact details, then I'll contact you and perhaps offer some guidance. I want to find more about you as I may be able to offer some help.

edited