Accountancy Forum
Refer? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Refer? (/showthread.php?tid=4870)

Refer? - Taify - 11-13-2007

Hey,
My result of Module-A is out.
I got B in English
and R in QT

I was expecting a B in both [V]

Can anyone tell me what this REFER actually means?
Does this mean im Failed?
Will i need to stufy Module A once again?
Will i need to give exam of QT once again?
Im so confused!

A friend of mine tells me that now i shall need to study Module A once again. Another friend tells me that i willjust need to give the QT paper again.
Another friend says it means that i am passed i shall not need to repeat any paper?

- israrhere - 11-13-2007

Dear you will need to give exam of QT only.

- kamranACA - 11-13-2007

Dear,

Israr has correctly guided you. You will have to pass QT. However, you can attempt it along with module B. Now, you will not have to appear for module B after qualifying this QT referred. You can appear in B and also in QT paper of A in the same attempt.

Regards,

Kamran

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 11-13-2007

Don't worry Mr. Taify!

It is a normal routine case in this accountancy profession but for an individual it may be so crucial. Anyways, It happens in the professional qualification(s) like CA, CMA, PIPFA, DAIBP, CIA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CFA, CISA, etc. etc. Don't lose heart. Be brave & more hard worker & realise your mistakes already done in the Module-A of CA-Foundation Examinations.

In the nutshell, change your reading strategy in the future to avoid mistakes in that QMT paper specifically. Now, you have three options;

1 - Appear in the single referral paper only. i.e. Quantitative Methods (QMT)
2 - Appear in this paper alongwith the full next Module-B with three more papers (Introduction to Economics & Finance (IEF), Mercantile Law (MLW) & Introdution to Information Technology (IT)) - (Recommended)
3 - Attempt papers no more - (Not Recommended)

You have to choose one option at a time.

- shsaeed - 11-14-2007

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />Don't worry Mr. Taify!

In the nutshell, change your reading strategy in the future to avoid mistakes in that QMT paper specifically. Now, you have three options;

2 - Appear in this paper alongwith the full next Module-B with three more papers (Introduction to Economics & Finance (IEF), Mercantile Law (MLW) & Introdution to Information Technology (IT)) - (Recommended)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

AGREED

- sajid naveed khan - 11-15-2007

<font size="3">Don't worry Mr. Taify!

It is a normal routine case in this accountancy profession but for an individual it may be so crucial. Anyways, It happens in the professional qualification(s) like CA, CMA, PIPFA, DAIBP, CIA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CFA, CISA, etc. etc. Don't lose heart. Be brave & more hard worker & realise your mistakes already done in the Module-A of CA-Foundation Examinations.

2 - Appear in this paper alongwith the full next Module-B with three more papers (Introduction to Economics & Finance (IEF), Mercantile Law (MLW) & <b>[size=6]Introdution to Information Technology (IT)) -</b> (Recommended)</font id="size3">

I think IT is no more in Module B , it was replaced by Introduction Financial Accounting,[/size=3]