Accountancy Forum
Wanna do CA after MBBS - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Wanna do CA after MBBS (/showthread.php?tid=5319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Wanna do CA after MBBS - dr_ahsen - 01-21-2009

hi.
i had almost completed my MBBS, means am almost a doctor, but i wanna do CA.

- fadu - 01-21-2009

ASSALAM.HERE Z FAHAD.DR SB I SUGGEST U 2 CONTINUE UR DOCTR DEGREE.HER CHEEZ KA APNA EK TIME HOTA.IT WILL BE BLUNDER IF U TAKE ADMISSION IN CA

- dr_ahsen - 01-23-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fadu</i>
<br />ASSALAM.HERE Z FAHAD.DR SB I SUGGEST U 2 CONTINUE UR DOCTR DEGREE.HER CHEEZ KA APNA EK TIME HOTA.IT WILL BE BLUNDER IF U TAKE ADMISSION IN CA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
.butttttt m not interested in medical..i had nterest in ca

- faizee - 01-23-2009

Dear Dr.Ahsen,
Fadu is right you should continue your doctor degree because as you said that you have almost completed your MBBS so it will be impossible for you to do CA you don't have any choice now even you are interested or not.

Everyone will suggest you as same as i did.Otherwise it's your life if you want to ruined it then go for it.We are here to give remarkable suggestions if you want to know more then you can ask.

Kind Regards,
Faizan

- Pracs - 01-23-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dr_ahsen</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fadu</i>
<br />ASSALAM.HERE Z FAHAD.DR SB I SUGGEST U 2 CONTINUE UR DOCTR DEGREE.HER CHEEZ KA APNA EK TIME HOTA.IT WILL BE BLUNDER IF U TAKE ADMISSION IN CA

Ahsen, I knew a couple of students (who are now ACAs), who left their MBBS (year 3), a PMA Kakul graduate (sword of honour) and a number of Engineers who joined ICAP training and qualified as accountants. Its upto you but let me tell you its not as interesting as the Medical professional.

Incidentally in the UK its quite common for Engineers and lawyers (LLB even lawyers) to venture into accountancy and qualify as accountants.

I suggest you should speak to a Chartered Accountant in your city and get to know what you will be getting into.

All the best for your future and keep us informed of your career choice, atleast in a couple of year's time.

- dr_ahsen - 01-23-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dr_ahsen</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fadu</i>

Ahsen, I knew a couple of students (who are now ACAs), who left their MBBS (year 3), a PMA Kakul graduate (sword of honour) and a number of Engineers who joined ICAP training and qualified as accountants. Its upto you but let me tell you its not as interesting as the Medical professional.

Incidentally in the UK its quite common for Engineers and lawyers (LLB even lawyers) to venture into accountancy and qualify as accountants.

I suggest you should speak to a Chartered Accountant in your city and get to know what you will be getting into.

All the best for your future and keep us informed of your career choice, atleast in a couple of year's time.
i hate surgery,, nd medicine is not as interested as u think,, nd i wanna do ca after my mbbs,,jst 1 year left of my final degree,,

- Pracs - 01-24-2009

Well, in that case you need to keep in mind it will take a minimum of 3-3.5 years, you will be able to join as under the 'Trainee scheme' (as long as you have a graduation degree in 2nd division), there is proficiency test that needs to be passed (which is not that big a thing)

http//www.icap.org.pk/web/links/0/entryroutes.php

Given that you are a medical student, it will be easier for you to manage your time for studying. Just make sure you know what you are getting into. And yes during the three years of 'training' you get a meager amount as stipend, that means living of your parents.

- kamranACA - 01-24-2009

Dears,

Pre-entry Proficiency test is exempted to first division graduates. However, this exemption will be claimed for with the requisite fee and through prescribed application.

Regards,

Kamran.

- dr_ahsen - 01-24-2009

any info abt proficiency test,,,???plz

- Shahbaz - 01-25-2009

http//www.icap.org.pk

- SAIFEE - 01-26-2009

HELLO DR SAAB!
I agree with pracs. come on and join .
The latest samplepaper of PPT is on icap website.
Follow the link below.
http//www.icap.org.pk/userfiles/file/LatestSampleTestPaper.pdf
Regards
saifullah khalid

- dr_ahsen - 02-07-2009

thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- awaisaftab - 02-09-2009

I strongly recomed you please don't take admission its a work of 5 to 7 year. CA's lossing their place in job market of Pakistan. You can do specialization and can earn more than a CA.

Awais Aftab

- kamranACA - 02-09-2009

What an advice ""CAs losing their place in job market of Pakistan".

Good work.

- Shahbaz - 02-10-2009

lol