Accountancy Forum
ACCA Student going to UAE for articleship - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: ACCA Student going to UAE for articleship (/showthread.php?tid=5344)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- ACCAite - 09-24-2009

http//www.indexuae.com/Top/Business_and_Economy/Services/Accountants/1

lookin for more

- ACCAite - 09-24-2009

http//www.lowtax.net/offshore_service_providers_directory/details2/Dubai_xxxxAccounting_Auditingxxxx1xxxx15.html

- ACCAite - 09-24-2009

http//www.yellowpages.ae/search_results.php?yp=c2VhcmNoX2xhbmd1YWdlPWVuZ2xpc2gmc2F2ZT15ZXMmc2VhcmNoX21vZHVsZT1BbGwmYWN0aW9uPXNlYXJjaCZzZWFyY2hfa2V5d29yZHM9YWNjb3VudGluZyZzZWFyY2hfZGlyPUFsbCZjaXR5X2lkPUFsbA==

there you go, if the link doesnt work, simply goto yellowpages.ae and viola!!

somehow this thread has motivated to apply for UAE too, that is after my december attempt.
I really dont wanna go to K.S.A

As far as studying and working goes, i am sure there are people who could pull it easily, i couldnt. i joined big 6 in ISB, PK but quit after months, i need certain amount of time to be given to my courses or i am just not confident enough...like anybody else.

Waking up at 8, reaching at 9, getting off at 5...chit chat...coffee etc with other trainees..home by 6 (thats if your in Islamabad, i couldnt imagine how long would it take for people in KHI if their office is far), you just cant get yourself to study right after an hour or two, you need good sleep for work next day and for studies too, what would you do? .

I ll do it after december Inshallah when i ll hopefully only have 4 exams remaining. 2 and 2 can be done with ease.

good luck to all.

- xubi - 10-03-2009

AOA

member i m too ACCA partly qualify 7 papers n i want to knw info that can i got job in big 4 for articleship in dubai or after 9 or 11 papers i hav permanet visa for dubai vl it help me to getting the job actually my father is there to support me just want to knw can i got the job of internship in Big 4 or good firm or not and wht salary they give to trainees plz... tell me or kindly tell me on my email if possible zubi_libra@hotmail.com
n these dayz dubai's changed from depression or not ??

- dotkom - 10-03-2009

well...

my two cents,

1- due to recession market conditions of UAE are not good (in some industries its worse)
2- currently audit firms (including big 4) are not inducting trainees (a friend of mine told me, working with one of big 4)
3- if you have permanent visa (as xubi mentioned) it would definitely going to help you alot (specially when applying for job)
4- if you have a non-green passport (british, canadian, american or any western country specially) you have the upper hand
5- emphasize on the "extra" thing...meaning, what extra qualification/certification you have, what extra courses you've got, what extra knowledge of IT you have, what extra languages can you speak (specially french and spanish) etc.
6- prior job/working experience is a plus point
7- try mastering MS Office (word, excel, excel AND excel, powerpoint, visio, project & MS Outlook)
8- try having an understading of Peach Tree, Sage, Tally & MS Office Accounting as these are the most common softwares being used in UAE
9- try having grip on operating systems other than windows (like linux)
10- focus on what you want (job or articles...i would recommend you to complete your articles from pakistan, as there is no subtitue of experience in an industry like pakistans (seniors would agree with me) 'coz jitney frauds, problems, corporate governance issues, tax kay ghapley, accounting k masaley, complex business combinations etc etc pakistan mey milein gey, you cant find in UAE or any gulf country) further, there is no state bank in UAE, no SECP, no companies ordinance, no tax authority, no legal framework...my friends...you can make the decision easily now...for a broader knowledge (after qualification) i would prefer you to complete your articles from pakistan then think of moving to uae having much much broader knowledge than a uae article guy (no offense to anybody, not degrading uae students at all, my opinion for what i left uae and came to pakistan)

regards,

- rabia-k - 10-03-2009

there is no concept of training in UAE , unless you are on an ICAEW training contract. if you are lucky enough to be selected, they will provide you training for 3 months and then put you on the job. correct me if i am wrong.

- dotkom - 10-03-2009

schlumberger also provide training of six months and so does DHL (but its part of your job)

- Brohi - 10-03-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xubi</i>
<br />AOA

member i m too ACCA partly qualify 7 papers n i want to knw info that can i got job in big 4 for articleship in dubai or after 9 or 11 papers i hav permanet visa for dubai vl it help me to getting the job actually my father is there to support me just want to knw can i got the job of internship in Big 4 or good firm or not and wht salary they give to trainees plz... tell me or kindly tell me on my email if possible zubi_libra@hotmail.com
n these dayz dubai's changed from depression or not ??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<font color="blue">
Xubi,

Current situation in UAE is not good but you should try your luck..

Your permanent Visa!! Please define is it employment visa or Student visa?

Student visa will be helpful in Gaining internship and employment visa will not the serve the purpose because you are allowed to work ONLY for your employer. In case any company offers you a job you have to cancel your visa and join them on their visa. This will create further complication if your first visa was approved by Ministry of Labour will give a automatic 6 month ban once it is cancel by the system ( which can be removed by a cost AED 5,000/- fees with a NOC from Employer). If it is visa issued by Free zone there will no major issue.

Please do not consider a student visa a guarantee for Internship these days or try to switch visa frequently.

All the Best</font id="blue">

- rabia-k - 10-03-2009

Xubi ,
where did you get the residence visa from? in UAE a father can't sponsor his son unless the son is less than 18 yrs of age. are you on your father's sponsorship or have an employment visa?

- rabia-k - 10-03-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dotkom</i>
<br />schlumberger also provide training of six months and so does DHL (but its part of your job)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i meant CA firms.

- ACCAite - 10-05-2009

rabia

no concept of training, heard the same in KSA....meaning they just dont wanna call you trainees right? maybe an audit associate for those joining at entry level??

- ukhan - 10-09-2009

Please keep all these in mind that ALLAH kisi kay saath zyaathi nahi kartha,
insaan ko buhut saara aqal diya hai. Rizq ALLAH kay haath main hain,

aur last main SABAR KA PHAL MEETHA HOTHA HAI. Keep ur self on right path nothing will come in your way INSHALLAH.

- Osama Rules - 10-11-2009

Salam,

U got that right!!

But one should choose the smart choice..

[^]

- ukhan - 10-17-2009

Salam Rabia.
I m going to ask u that i have 3 members from my family in UAE and there mashallah Well set.
they say me to come UAE for ur furthur study of ACCA. i have cleard 2 papers in ACCA and Had done CAT. So is there any good mean reliable institute to study, and I hope to Share me the
average 6 months fee of that institutes.

Waiting for ur responce.

- rabia-k - 10-17-2009

do you have a uae residence visa ? if you don't then you can register with phoenix ft Dubai. they provide visas to ACCA students only. per paper fee is around 4000 or 4500 dirhams. you will have to pay them in advance and will have to register for 3 papers at least. tuition is provided from Sept to Nov for December exams and Feb to may for June exams.

good luck!