Accountancy Forum
Information regarding ACA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Information regarding ACA (/showthread.php?tid=5447)

Information regarding ACA - Uzair - 02-19-2009

I just completed my Bcom now I'm willing to do ACA from ICAEW..
My question is that,, Is it adviseable to to take up the ACA studies without a training contract in hand as an independent student??

What if I go on to clear 10-12 papers of ACA then apply for a trainig contract???

Looking for opinions!!!!!!!!
Regards

- faizee - 02-20-2009

Dear Uzair
It is better for you to consult any professional who can guide you better than all here.

Kind Regards
Faizan

- Uzair - 02-20-2009

Well I think there are few professionals here if not many...

n also I thought current trainees and ppl wo just qualified may also be of some help to me!!!!
But haven't received ne feedback yet[(]

- kamranACA - 02-21-2009

Uzair,

Your question is very specific and no guess work should be followed. I can guide you about something relating to ICAP. Since I am not a member of ICAEW I don't know such details.

To my understanding and knowledge there is no firm in Pakistan who can train you for ICAEW's ACA (now or after passing some of its papers) unless you are already a member of ICAP. If you are a member of ICAP and having such membership you have also qualified ICAEW's ACA then you can find training placements and authorized firms for two years' prescribed training.

However you can find such training placements outside Pakistan in countries like UK or Malaysia.

It may be advisable for you to contact directly with ICAEW and ask them all your queries in detail. They will certainly reply you and their answers would be the most authentic and reliable.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- rabia-k - 02-21-2009

ICAEW training is being offered in UAE also.

- Uzair - 02-21-2009

Thanx alot Kamran and Rabia for sharing your knowledge!!!

@Kamran,
Bro as you said that training contract in Pakistan is available only to those who are already the members of ICAP. But keeping in mind that that ICAP members are only exempted from 11 papers out of ICAEW's 12 papers of Professional stage and they also get exemption of 1 year training contract out of there regular 3 year training period. So now what I'm considering is that the ICAEW authorised firms may intake a regular ACA trainee as well...

As far as u said I should confirm with ICAEW people,, I've bin writing to them but I'm yet to be replied!!!

So I would be thankful, if any of the trainees or qualified people, working in Pakistan in any of the big 4 firms or in any firm listed in the following link could confirm me that whether training contract is available to regular ACA students or not.
I heard that they are avaiable but I'm not sure.

http//www.icaewfirms.co.uk/directoryresults.asp?searchtype=location_int&firmcountry_int=105&firmtown_int=0&submit=Search

- Uzair - 02-21-2009

@ Rabia

Yes thanks for informing Rabia I'll always keep that option open....

- kamranACA - 02-21-2009

Uzair,

We are one of those who are authorized to train ICAEW students at our firm provided they are ICAP members and have passed required papers of ICAEW.

I confirm you that the firms authorized in Pakistan to train ICAEW's ACAs (who have passed ICAEW's ACA on the basis of their ICAP memberships) cannot train the students of ICAEW pertaining to other regular streams. I confirm it.

Yes, there is one firm about which I am not sure. You can discuss it with them and also inquire from ICAEW about them. That is an accounting firm named "Techno Beavers" and is probably located at Lahore. They might be in a position to advise you better.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Uzair - 02-21-2009

Dear Kamram,

Thanx a zillion man.
Yes there is a firm in Lahore named Digital Accountants (formerly named as Techno Beavers Pvt Ltd.) who are providing full time training to the passed out of professional stage of ACA.
So whether there are more or not but then I'll always have this option.

Thanking again....

Regards,
Uzair.