Accountancy Forum
FORM A - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: FORM A (/showthread.php?tid=6040)

FORM A - Queries - 06-26-2009

Form A should be made upto the date of last agm or last date of financial year if no AGM is held.

i saw a practical case where irrespective of the date of AGM company was filing Form A upto 31st October every year (within 4 months of Fy).Is it possible?can somebody guide me.According to company they are doing it for last 5 years and SECP never objected?is this practice right.

- faisal_desperado - 06-27-2009

dear,
First Form A is to be filed within eighteen months after the company has been incorporated, thereafter, as per Law, Form A forthwith other requisites documents are presented to the CEO to get these documents signed till 31st October each year, Corporate Secretary may also sign if he has specifically been authorised to do so,
After these documents have been signed, the same have to be sent to registrar with in 14 days after 31st October , i.e. it shall have to be submitted till 14th November, after which a penality of Rs. 3,000 has to be paid forthwith the original fees of Rs. 1,000.

In this regard, The company which you have discussed is having correct practice.

Best Regards,<hr noshade size="1">

- Queries - 07-08-2009

i quote the instrutions written at end of third schedule of companies ordinance 1984

"Form should be made upto the date of last AGM of the company or the last date of the year where no AGM is held"

Now suppose that if AGM is held on 15th october then why form A should be made uptill 31st oct and not uptill 15th oct. it is clearly written in instructions that form a should be made upto the date of last AGM

- faisal_desperado - 07-08-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Queries</i>
<br />i quote the instrutions written at end of third schedule of companies ordinance 1984

"Form should be made upto the date of last AGM of the company or the last date of the year where no AGM is held"

Now suppose that if AGM is held on 15th october then why form A should be made uptill 31st oct and not uptill 15th oct. it is clearly written in instructions that form a should be made upto the date of last AGM
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear,
I would suggest you to read the instructions again as you said "<font size="3"><b>Form should be made upto the date of last AGM of the company</b></font id="size3"> or the last date of the year where no AGM is held"
My dear , what is this written? this is what, as it seems.
This is upto the date of last AGM and not "on the date of last AGM" as you have raised a query that "why not uptill 15th October"

Furthermore, also read my last post as it is mentioned "Form A forthwith other requisites documents are presented to the CEO to get these documents signed till 31st October each year"
These are to be signed till 31st October, thereafter, should be filed within the specified time.
Eventhough, AGM is held on 15 October, the last date of approval would be 31st October.

Regards,

- Queries - 07-08-2009

yeh thanks i think if u have explained "upto the date" and not on the date in your first reply then i would have easily understood.sorry but u went on writing whole story. i didnt ask the period of first Form A, who signs them,time period for its filing, filing fee, penalty etc etc

- faisal_desperado - 07-08-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Queries</i>
<br />yeh thanks i think if u have explained "upto the date" and not on the date in your first reply then i would have easily understood.sorry but u went on writing whole story. i didnt ask the period of first Form A, who signs them,time period for its filing, filing fee, penalty etc etc
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

My dear ,
I just explained the whole case, because each of the discussed matter was interwoven, had there been any segregation with regards to the matter,then it would have been equivocal.

Best Regards,