Accountancy Forum
UCP BBA for ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: UCP BBA for ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=6656)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- ACCAite - 10-24-2009

so sorry fellas, i had totally forgot and didnt call them up.

i gotta call them Inshallah will do so on monday. 400k is too much.....so the fees mentioned on the link you post (arsenal), is just processing fee i suppose??

A.

- arsenal.gooner - 10-25-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACCAite</i>
<br />so sorry fellas, i had totally forgot and didnt call them up.

i gotta call them Inshallah will do so on monday. 400k is too much.....so the fees mentioned on the link you post (arsenal), is just processing fee i suppose??

A.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

who said its 400k ???

- saleen.super - 01-30-2010

I went to UCP. According to them the degree, PBBA Hons. Accounting & Finance, is equivalent to their regular BBA (Hons) 125 credit hrs (4years). The degree is recognized by HEC Pak. You have to submit a thesis (max time is 6 months) which will be evaluated by external evaluators and then you'll have to appear in viva.
Your degree classification will be based entirely on your performance in thesis. With that your CGPA and marks in each subjects (30 for BBA Hons) will be calculated. The total time is 1 year even though you submit your thesis in 2 or 3 months.

- Dard - 01-31-2010

For ACCA students, go for Oxford Brookes Bsc. IT IS FREE! HEC will recognize it if you provide them with class attendance of your college and relevant documents(that is what a senior teacher and a professional had said)

- arsenal.gooner - 02-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />For ACCA students, go for Oxford Brookes Bsc. IT IS FREE! HEC will recognize it if you provide them with class attendance of your college and relevant documents(that is what a senior teacher and a professional had said)

yeah but you have to submit the attendance of all ACCA papers. now someone like me who has self studied f1 2 3 would be unable to provide that. And anyways, even if HEC does recognize, it is as a 3 year degree where as the UCP one is recognized as a 4 year degree

Big Difference

- shani420 - 02-01-2010

Dear Dard
Oxford Brokes bsc is not FREE.They charge 80 pounds for thesis evaluation fee for it.
And attendance(80%) is a big dilemma.I also self studied F4 and F8 hence my bsc wont be recognized by HEC.

- saleen.super - 02-01-2010

I have only one objective to do this degree if I go for it. I want to apply for Masters programs in universities abroad (Canada specifically).

I'd be very thankful if someone guides me on this that will this degree be accepted for regular Masters program abroad.

About Oxford Brooks degree, I sent email to Oxford University (not the brooks one) and they said that they will accept this degree and one can apply for their Masters program. I did that just to check the worth of the degree and I was quite surprised that Oxford University is accepting this Brooks degree for their regular Masters programs.

- Dard - 02-01-2010

80£ is not more compared to 40,000rs
Why wouldn't the Oxford University accept Brookes degree?s. It is not an "awein" uni, it is well reputed university in the UK. If you do want to do Masters then why gain a Bachelors degree? If you have a professional qualification then join Masters on that basis. You don't need a Bachelors degree to do Masters
Arsenal gooner as far as i have knowledge, in the UK all Bachelors degrees are of 3years. It is the quality that matters

- Dard - 02-01-2010

Many of us have studied atleast one paper privately. Just studying one or two papers by yourself doesn't mean the degree won't be accredited. Majority counts. Your college will do it for you if you ask them to

- saleen.super - 02-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />80£ is not more compared to 40,000rs
Why wouldn't the Oxford University accept Brookes degree?s. It is not an <b>"awein" uni</b>, it is well reputed university in the UK. <b>If you do want to do Masters then why gain a Bachelors degree? If you have a professional qualification then join Masters on that basis.</b> You don't need a Bachelors degree to do Masters
Arsenal gooner as far as i have knowledge, in the UK all Bachelors degrees are of 3years. It is the quality that matters

I had doubt because you didn't appear in any of its exam. Just a thesis and got a degree. So just to remove any confusion i sent email. And I'd like to tell you I checked Uni of Southampton and they said they "MAY consider my ACCA along with sufficient work experience (not only on the basis of exams)". Whereas reputed unis like oxford and others didn't consider ACCA because of no "THESIS work as a part of ACCA".

- Dard - 02-01-2010

In the degree awarded i don't think they mention that you have just submitted a project, they only show your info and class of degree etc just like a normal degree. Passing ACCA exams is just like passing Brookes exam, that is why they are exempted. Go for Oxford Brookes degree and try to get atleast 1 or 21 class. Any university in the U.K will accept it for MBA

- shani420 - 02-01-2010

Saleen.Super,
This bsc is throughly accepted in UK but u earlier said that u r Canada specific.If true then this degree might not be accepted in some cases(not all) in Canada.Few canadian univs specifically demand a 4 years degree for some of their masters program(not all) e.g univ of waterloo rejected a relative's 3 years degree for their Masters in Accounting and asked for bridging studies.But some univs may accept 3 years degrees.

- tariqsohail - 02-01-2010

<br />In the degree awarded i don't think they mention that you have just submitted a project, they only show your info and class of degree etc just like a normal degree. Passing ACCA exams is just like passing Brookes exam, that is why they are exempted. Go for Oxford Brookes degree and try to get atleast 1 or 21 class. Any university in the U.K will accept it for MBA

Oxford Brookes University mentioning on the degree that this degree is awarded in association with ACCA. They are grading this degree on the basis of marks in your ACCA exams plus thesis result.

Regards.

- Dard - 02-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tariqsohail</i>

Oxford Brookes University mentioning on the degree that this degree is awarded in association with ACCA. They are grading this degree on the basis of marks in your ACCA exams plus thesis result.

Regards.
As i mentioned earlier, getting this degree is just like getting a normal degree. You have to pass exams and submit project and skill statements in all degrees. Same is being done here We pass exams and submit the project and statement and also pay fee for the degree

- Dard - 02-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Saleen.Super,
This bsc is throughly accepted in UK but u earlier said that u r Canada specific.If true then this degree might not be accepted in some cases(not all) in Canada.Few canadian univs specifically demand a 4 years degree for some of their masters program(not all) e.g univ of waterloo rejected a relative's 3 years degree for their Masters in Accounting and asked for bridging studies.But some univs may accept 3 years degrees.
As per my knowledge, i don't think there is any four years accounting Bachelors degree in the UK. If three years degree isn't accepted in most universities in Canada, then that means any student graduating from Uk can't study in Canada for Masters. That doesn't make sense. Three years degree would be accepted in Canada
arsenal.gooner you can ask the specific university you want to study in, in Canada