Accountancy Forum
After BBA ,MBA or MS/Mfill - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: After BBA ,MBA or MS/Mfill (/showthread.php?tid=6933)

Pages: 1 2

After BBA ,MBA or MS/Mfill - Taimoor23 - 12-06-2009

hello
i have done my BBA hons in fiance,as it was a 4 year degree and i equal to master level.should i go for MBA or as i can directly enroll myslf to Mfill/Ms .

As MBA will be again 16 yr of edu
and MS will be 18 yr of edu.

My interest is to work in coperate sector.as pplz say MS or Mfill is for them who want to be teacher or profesor.

(in my view MFIll/MS wil be helpful in long run as market is full of MBAs...correct me if i m rong)

thankyou.

- Taimoor23 - 12-07-2009

any one??

- awaisaftab - 12-07-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taimoor23</i>
<br />hello
i have done my BBA hons in fiance,as it was a 4 year degree and i equal to master level.should i go for MBA or as i can directly enroll myslf to Mfill/Ms .

As MBA will be again 16 yr of edu
and MS will be 18 yr of edu.

My interest is to work in coperate sector.as pplz say MS or Mfill is for them who want to be teacher or profesor.

(in my view MFIll/MS wil be helpful in long run as market is full of MBAs...correct me if i m rong)

thankyou.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You are right Taimoor. It will be better for you to do M.S or M.Phil in Finance rather than M.B.A. This perception is wrong that the people do M.S or M.Phil usually get employment in education sector.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

- tariqsohail - 12-07-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mfahr</i>
<br />
Visit http//www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/AECA/CurriculumRevision/Documents/3037_guidelines-for-business-admin.doc

Universities that offer MBA equivalent to 90-96 credit hours, are equal to M.Phil / MS. A four year BBA is equivalent 16 years of Education.

Ahmed ALi,
HR Consultant,
MBA(HR).

Good information.

Regards,
Sohail

- Taimoor23 - 12-07-2009

thanks to Ahmad Ali.. but bro as a Hr consultant tell me what is the demand of industry?i mean who can get more jobs..MBA of Ms

- res123 - 12-11-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taimoor23</i>
<br />thanks to Ahmad Ali.. but bro as a Hr consultant tell me what is the demand of industry?i mean who can get more jobs..MBA of Ms

Hello-

I know the question was not addressed to me, but I think I may have an input which may be worth your while. Internationally, MBA will open up more doors for you. Again, MBA from a foreign instituton will be much better, unless of course you have no choice but to go to a local university.

An MBA will give you a perspective of finance, management, economics and pretty much a general sense of business including accounting. MS may restrict you to your particular subject, and transition will become harder. My understanding is that Pakistan has a preference of ACCA, CA and other accounting professionals over MBA's. Nonethelss, there is always a demand for MBA and you can be in a variety of industries.

In my humble opinion, MBA will supercede the other choice.

- aaddaam - 12-11-2009

In the end it all depends on your interest.. if you have the taste of Specialization in some field than go for MSc otherwise MBA is good but only from a reputable university otherwise your wasting your money..

you can also look for particular area certifications like CFA, ACCA, FRM specially keeping in mind your finance background

- awaisaftab - 12-11-2009

<br />thanks to Ahmad Ali.. but bro as a Hr consultant tell me what is the demand of industry?i mean who can get more jobs..MBA of Ms

Very truly the demand for industry is some sort of professional certification like ICMA, CA,CIA, CFA and CIMA. But if you are only interested in M.B.A or M.S then it will be better for you to do M.S. One reason of preference of M.S is that it gives a good impression in your C.V. If you do M.B.A after 4 year BBA, although MBA will be considered equivalent to M.S, but when you will write your qualification as M.B.A in your C.V it will generate the impression as you are only MBA no will get explanation whether your MBA is equivalent to M.S or M.Phil. Keep it in mind.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

- Taimoor23 - 12-13-2009

than you brothers ,I want to get a job thats it...i m not a book worm ..still i think both degrees are v ok. But i got a HEC letter that my 16 year of edu is equal to Master degree.

NOW i think MS will be rite opinion.....

Wht say bros?

- Taimoor23 - 12-13-2009

evn diff opinion here too

- awaisaftab - 12-14-2009

<br />than you brothers ,I want to get a job thats it...i m not a book worm ..still i think both degrees are v ok. But i got a HEC letter that my 16 year of edu is equal to Master degree.

NOW i think MS will be rite opinion.....

Wht say bros?

You have reached at right decision.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

- awaisaftab - 12-18-2009

Dear Ad2478,

Would you like to tell me exact status of your education? R u doing only BS or BS with CIMA.

- Sherry_ss - 10-07-2010

Dear Brothers.. I completed MBA from Virtual University in the year 2010. But now as per HEC policy MBA duration is 3.5 years. Now i have been given an option that i can convert degree program of 2 years MBA to 3.5 years MBA. Should i convert or not? Will it be beneficial for me? Please Reply

- awaisaftab - 10-08-2010

I would advice you never conver your degree program of 2 years MBA to 3.5 years MBA. If you opt this offer you will loose 1.5 year. Currently universities giving admission is M.S/M.Phil to 16 years degree holders. So get admission in M.S/M.Phil.

- Sherry_ss - 10-09-2010

yeah.. i also think so.. and i have rejected the offer.. Now i shall get admission in MS.. Thank You.. Can you tell me which university in Pakistan will be better and have low fee? I am thinking about International Islamic University Islamabad... what do u think about this university?