Accountancy Forum
economics failure - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: economics failure (/showthread.php?tid=6941)

economics failure - SUNNY0145 - 12-09-2009

can anybody guide me what should i do to pass
OBBC AND ECONOMICS[(]

- Toronto_Boy - 12-25-2009

Use your imagination to understand causes and flow of economic events, and relationship in them. How does the circle of activities work.

It won't work if you just try to memorize economic events without understanding their logic and flow.

I hope it helps.

- maqszaman - 12-26-2009

Hi Sunny,

Although Toronto Boy has explained in a very practical way. However, I would like to add in conceptual way.

Basic concepts of every subject are the building block of the subject. A very complex machine always consists of simple machines such as wheel, Polly, lever, gear etc. If you want to be expert in Economics, you should buy a dictionary of Economics. Refer this dictionary frequently and try to understand the basic terminology such as Economic/non-economic/capital goods, elasticity, supply/demand/marginal/market/grow/GDP etc. If you can understand the fundamentals, you will get expertise in Economics.

Another thing is to understand basics of data management and relationships and graphs. If you can understand basic data and have ability to read the graphs, you would be able to memorize those tables and elaborate on the exam. I mean you should be able to explain what horizontal/vertical straight line, a curve or steep curve means. How to calculate slopes and interpret (Effects) them. This way you would be able to understand and elaborate complex economic issues.

Please let me know if you need further explanation.

Regards,

- aamalik - 01-24-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />Hi Sunny,

Although Toronto Boy has explained in a very practical way. However, I would like to add in conceptual way.

Basic concepts of every subject are the building block of the subject. A very complex machine always consists of simple machines such as wheel, Polly, lever, gear etc. If you want to be expert in Economics, you should buy a dictionary of Economics. Refer this dictionary frequently and try to understand the basic terminology such as Economic/non-economic/capital goods, elasticity, supply/demand/marginal/market/grow/GDP etc. If you can understand the fundamentals, you will get expertise in Economics.

Another thing is to understand basics of data management and relationships and graphs. If you can understand basic data and have ability to read the graphs, you would be able to memorize those tables and elaborate on the exam. I mean you should be able to explain what horizontal/vertical straight line, a curve or steep curve means. How to calculate slopes and interpret (Effects) them. This way you would be able to understand and elaborate complex economic issues.

Please let me know if you need further explanation.

Regards,

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

real good advice