Accountancy Forum
ICAP announces results of winter 2009 attempt - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ICAP announces results of winter 2009 attempt (/showthread.php?tid=7329)

Pages: 1 2

ICAP announces results of winter 2009 attempt - Schuaeb - 02-04-2010

Dears

On this Monday the institute announced the result of current attempt of module E and F. The result defied the general perception that ICAP passes the number of student on the basis of the requirements of the market by passing 195 student in module F. As far as I remember previously ICAP has been passing around 170 to 175 students per attempt. The details are

Module F Passed 195 Permanent Credit 422
Module E Passed 208 Permanent Credits 569

In the previous attempt some 150 students passed module E examinations so a reasonable increase is there as well.

Furthermore the detail of permanent credits is;
Module E
Information Technology Management,Audit & Control 220
Advanced Accounting & Financial Reporting 181
Corporate Laws 203
Business Management 207

Module F
Management Accounting 122
Business Finance Decisions 206
Advanced Taxation 255
Advanced Auditing 16

Again the number of credits in each subject is against the common belief of the students that in Module E AFR and CL are the main subjects and require prime focus by the students. The almost even number of refers in each paper proved it wrong at least for this attempt.

The point of concern is that only 16 credits were awarded in AAD (never means only 16 students passed it) shows that open book policy have made things tougher for this subject and the audit experience of students has not made them well equipped with the requirements of the examiner. MAC, further, is proved to be a tough paper.

One more thing that can be concluded is that almost half of the students who manage to qualify CA Inter goes through Module E (point to ponder what the other half of students do!) and almost all of the students who pass module E eventually becomes the member of the institute.

Regards
Shoaib

- insaan - 02-06-2010

Good analysis Done m8.
Anyways MA was really tough this attempt,thats y had bad result [D]

- Schuaeb - 02-06-2010

Thanks, you are here after quite a long time I guess!

- insaan - 02-06-2010

Yup schuaeb. Last time i visited this forum was around 3-4 yrs back.Its nice to see you are still active here )

- kamranACA - 02-06-2010

Shoaib,

Any sweets due from you.

Insaan,

Welcome back.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Schuaeb - 02-07-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Shoaib,

Any sweets due from you.

KAMRAN.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Fortunately No! Everything happened exactly as expected. Certainties are approaching 100% for the next attempt. Anyways really thanks for your wishes

- Schuaeb - 02-07-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br />Yup schuaeb. Last time i visited this forum was around 3-4 yrs back.Its nice to see you are still active here )
I do have idea. I take the second part of your post as a compliment

- kamranACA - 02-07-2010

I didn't wish anything in fact. I was curious about my share of sweets that "unfortunately" have been deferred.

Now, I wish you best of luck for the next attempt so that you must carry an obligation of sending a share. )

Regards,

- awaisaftab - 02-08-2010

I am committed to my self made policy of "Not to Comment on any internal matter of an institute with which I have no affiliation". I am still committed to my policy but I am making a comparison of results of Winter 2009 Exams of both ICAP and ICMAP (I think I am ethically allowed to do so).
As compare to the result of ICMAP's winter 2009 exams, the result of ICAP is very good.
ICAP result shows that 195 candidates have passed CA. Instead of only 10 student of ICMA went through in winter 2009. It means ICAP result is 1,850% more than ICMAP winter's result.
Further ICAP have allowed referrals to 422 students, a huge quantity, if we add only 50% of this in total number of students, who have gone through CA, the number rises too abnormally.

I am not criticizing The point that I want to discuss is why the huge difference exists in the results of both the prestigious institute of the country when the job market situation is clear and job market is still in recession as Mr. Suchuaeb has mentioned in his thread “Global Economic Recovery” that the recovery process is also slow so he can make better analysis of job market.
One thing may be pointed out that the field of specialization of both ICAP and ICMAP are different but it is reality that both CA’s and CMA’s performing almost same duties and responsibilities in the job market.

Regards,

Awais

- aamalik - 02-10-2010

Although, my Module E & F is very very far off but I am very encouraged by recent results....

- noman - 02-17-2010

My BM and IT cleared this attempt..

- Schuaeb - 02-17-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by noman</i>
<br />My BM and IT cleared this attempt..

Good work Noman!

- khuldun - 02-18-2010

I qualified, within articles )

- kamranACA - 02-19-2010

Congrats a lot Khuldun.

Wonderful and lovely achievement. Your parents, your teachers, your firm, and you personally, all are congratulated.

I feel glad inside my heart whenever I meet or see people like you. Wishing you best of luck with your career!

Where are you located? And are you from Big 4?

What are next plans?

Please keep visiting the forum.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Greatkhans - 02-19-2010

Congratulations,

Great achievement Khuldun,

Keep up,

Regards,