Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

I day notice - aimaad22 - 03-24-2010

After much anxious waiting I got a call from Fergusons today )I have been told to come tomorrow morning and bring some documents along. There was no mention of an interview. Im wondering is that normal? Im going to go prepared anyway. Off to revise some IASs and ISAs now. If someone can tell me if this short notice is normal and what i can expect next it would be great. Also some advice, and please pray for me!

- idiot.boy - 03-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aimaad22</i>
<br />After much anxious waiting I got a call from Fergusons today )I have been told to come tomorrow morning and bring some documents along. There was no mention of an interview. Im wondering is that normal? Im going to go prepared anyway. Off to revise some IASs and ISAs now. If someone can tell me if this short notice is normal and what i can expect next it would be great. Also some advice, and please pray for me!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hah ) i guess i was also there with you ).. did u hear that molvi saying " CA NAHIN KERNA APPNAY " ??? i was SHOCKED !! ... lets see , test maybe in april's 1st week ... waiting for it !!

and ya , this short notice is 100% normal it happened with everyone ) no worries just concentrate on your test ...,

- sameer_mobin - 03-26-2010

congrats guys,
i just want to ask you what were the contents of the test and the level of difficulty.if possible please give some examples.i will be really thankful. )

best of luck.

- aimaad22 - 03-26-2010

@Sameer Today wasnt the test day. It was just form filling and document submission. Test is in early April. However the person told us that the contents will be accounting, math, english and general knowledge.

@idiotboy Yes we must have seen each other. Whats your name? I saw a lot of people today who I'd seen in classes from SKANS or SBM. None of them were good friends but I recognized a few faces nevertheless. Haha yar that 'Molvi' was right. Ive heard all the Big 4 tell you to join ICAP. By the way I liked the guy. He was friendly and helpful. The general atmosphere of the firm seemed very good, lets hope we get the chance to work there inshAllah. But he gave us one very good advice when he warned us that the interview would be very tough. 'Main aap ko bata don interview main ye aap ki dhulai karain ga' I think thats what he said. Hahahahahah. There was also one guy who asked how many people would be selected from the 25 ACCAs called today. I tried to listen to the guy's answer but couldnt quite catch it, would have been very interesting to know.

- masroorahmed - 03-26-2010

hha.. i m also wondered tht today i recievd sms by FORD RHODEs thay call me to report there tomorow ... guide me about test if u ve ever been there .. plzzz ... WELL haaan B O luk ...

- aimaad22 - 03-28-2010

By the way idiotboy do let me know if you get the call for the test, I hope they call everyone and not start cutting people out already.

- crazzyaccountant - 03-28-2010

[quote]<i>Originally posted by aimaad22</i>
<br />@Sameer Today wasnt the test day. It was just form filling and document submission. Test is in early April. However the person told us that the contents will be accounting, math, english and general knowledge.

@idiotboy Yes we must have seen each other. Whats your name? I saw a lot of people today who I'd seen in classes from SKANS or SBM. None of them were good friends but I recognized a few faces nevertheless. Haha yar that 'Molvi' was right. Ive heard all the Big 4 tell you to join ICAP. By the way I liked the guy. He was friendly and helpful. The general atmosphere of the firm seemed very good, lets hope we get the chance to work there inshAllah. But he gave us one very good advice when he warned us that the interview would be very tough. 'Main aap ko bata don interview main ye aap ki dhulai karain ga' I think thats what he said. Hahahahahah. There was also one guy who asked how many people would be selected from the 25 ACCAs called today. I tried to listen to the guy's answer but couldnt quite catch it, would have been very interesting to know.
[/quo
He told me that They will call all 25 ACCA affiliates for entry test and will induct 24 in total out of all ACCA and C.A applicants

- aimaad22 - 03-29-2010

Oh, I wonder how many CAs are there. Chalo all the best, lets hope they tell us about the test with more time than one day.

- aimaad22 - 03-29-2010

One more thing. Remember the guy kept talking about a 'result' we would are supposed to get. What exactly was he meaning. The affiliate certificate? Because that comes only when you apply for it and not automatically. Other than that if anything else was to come from ACCA I suppose it would have been here by now.

- aimaad22 - 03-30-2010

generally can anyone tell us the level of english and math examined in these tests? how are you guys preparing for the ferguson test?

- idiot.boy - 04-05-2010

Aimaad , well , i didn't even started preparing for the test... stil no call from the firm , no idea , i rem the MOLVI said that they'll be calling in 1st week S ... i hope he never calls and say that after 1 hour u'll be having ur test GET READY D lolz .... typical of them...

did any1 of u get the call for the test?? + howz the prep going ??? going back to basics S**KS full time s ... i hate learning the double entry D lolz

- aimaad22 - 04-05-2010

Ahaha yeah, well I just revised the main standards from accounting and auditing thats it. Im a bit worried about idioms etc coming up in the english section though, like people were discussing in the other topic.

No call here yet either. Yeah tomorrow will be the 5th Im getting nervous too. But he did say that its not final and the date could change. Also, like you say they give short notice so they'll probably tell us only one day before. Lets hope we get the call this week.

- idiot.boy - 04-05-2010

ahh relaxation !! .. me not alone now P .. im starting to revise the standards of auditing from today... lets see how much far i can go ...

well abt the idioms and synonyms SPECIFICALLY , i have no idea where to learn from S ... its been like 7 years ago i did those in matric S ... hadh ha waisay , whats the use of these idioms in AUDITING S

+ AIMAAD , do ISA on reports as well , 700, 701 , 705 etc.... one more thing , i heard that CALCULATORS are not allowed... S thats a weird news as well...

According to my calculation, this saturday will be deadline , i.e 10th April !! ... lets see )

- idiot.boy - 04-05-2010

WEDNESDAY 1115 !! TEST TIME ) GOT A CALL !! YAPEEE P

- aimaad22 - 04-06-2010

Actually if calculators are not allowed it might be good for us. Because it may mean that complicated stuff like leases, financial instruments wont be tested in detail and they 'll want the outlines of the standards only. Lets hope thats the case.

I dont think there's any direct use of idioms etc in auditing. But we must remember that language used in many offices etc in Pakistan is English. They just want to see if we have the basics of it. I dont even remember what idioms means, going to find out now )

Thanks for the advice about standards, I heard ISA 500 and 550 are important as well.

Yes I got the call to ) But I think everyone will be invited for the test, the selection will start after test and interview, then the crunch time will begin. May Allah be with us all.