Accountancy Forum
2nd interview in AFF and KPMG - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 2nd interview in AFF and KPMG (/showthread.php?tid=7774)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

2nd interview in AFF and KPMG - faizicapri - 04-07-2010

if anyone has received a call for 2nd interview from AFF OR KPMG please acknowledge here...i have been waiting for 2nd Interview in these two firm but haven't received any call yet.
my first interview was on 18th march in both AFF AND KPMG same day!!
i am talking about karachi office.
so anyone who has any info about this please share

- masroorahmed - 04-08-2010

weel bos i cant help you.. but it ll b ur favour if u help me ...
on waat basis of ur qualification u wer caled for interview frm AFFCO nd KPMG ... ru O level..is it ur very first atempt in firms

- faizicapri - 04-09-2010

@masroorahmed
Today was my 2nd interview in AFF and ALHAMDULILLAH i am selected by AFF.
i am from 16th mfc with Module c full passed.
dont know exactly what is the criteria.

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

faizicapri CONGRATULATIONS MAN !! .. VERY WELL DONE !!

Now please share your experience with us about both 1st and 2nd interviews , what u were asked , and specifically what u replied , so that we can follow your steps and get in as well )

- A.A - 04-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faizicapri</i>
<br />@masroorahmed
Today was my 2nd interview in AFF and ALHAMDULILLAH i am selected by AFF.
i am from 16th mfc with Module c full passed.
dont know exactly what is the criteria.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Congratulations on getting selected.As you are of 16th MFC,you must have given Mod D exams in March.My IT practical was a week ago.When exactly did you first apply?Were you applying even before your Mod D exams completely ended?Please clarify.And are you a graduate?Thanks.

- bilawal - 04-09-2010

faizicapri Congratulations....Yar plz guide us about the what rhey asked in first and second interview

- masroorahmed - 04-09-2010

congratz man !! well done ... frm nw u r one of my ideal . coz every one who is selected by BIG4 is one of groovy to me ... B O luk !!!

- faizicapri - 04-09-2010

thank you very much to all of u
My first interview was on 18 march and of 45 minutes
it was something i can never forget. It was my first interview of life and i had to face two seniors one being the senior manager and the other being the assistant manager.
The very first question i was asked "Mr Faizan what would u do if u r being made the president of UK ?"
i replied that there is not president in uk there is only prime minister then he smiled for a while and asked me to name the prime minister of UK then i replied "its gordon brown"
similar questions were asked to check my general knowledge and sharpness of mind.
they asked me question relating to ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,CLAW,TAX.
and i was told that my tax knowledge is not upto the mark but still i would be called for 2nd interview

My 2nd interview was taken by a partner named SALMAN he asked me general questions like "What is 0.5% of 100?"
2nd interview was of 8 minutes.
and he told me that i have to report at ICAP on 26 april 830 am to join traing workshop.

i may not be able to write each and every question which was asked to me but still i have tried to give u some sort of idea.

regards,
Muhammad Faizan Pasha

- idiot.boy - 04-09-2010

Thanks Alot Muhammad Faizan Pasha for sharing ur experience with us ) .. this will surely help us .. thanks for you time ..

+ can u tell what kind of questions were there from syllabus ?? i mean at what level ?? did they ask too much technical questions so that we prepare for that as well ?? eg difficult and lenghty IAS and ISA's ????

- imdad1 - 04-09-2010

WELCOME !!! to the firm...u must be from the new batch ..our batch is the most senior batch..at Ferguson right now.

- imdad1 - 04-09-2010

WELCOME !!! to the firm...u must be from the new batch ..our batch is the most senior batch..at Ferguson right now.

- faizicapri - 04-10-2010

@idiot.boy
they asked about cash flow, borrowing cost, depletion , test of controls, going concern, audit report , mortgages and charges, annual accounts, general knowledge questions, tax rates for small company, depreciation rates for vehicles, salary income, carryforward and setoff of losses

- harounkhan - 04-10-2010

How the hell did you answer all that? LOL !!! Man, that is tough. How on earth would I be able to answer all these questions if they ask me in the interview? D

- idiot.boy - 04-10-2010

Muhammad Faizan Pasha, Thanks alot sir !! thank u for providing such insight !! For sure this will help alot !!

Haroun => Come on yaar ) its not a big deal aram say answer ho jaain gay aisay questions , we have knowledge but what counts is CONFIDENCE !! thats all !!

- bilawal - 04-10-2010

thanks faizan pasha.......thank you very much