Accountancy Forum
Payment of WHT - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tax (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Payment of WHT (/showthread.php?tid=8313)

Payment of WHT - olympia - 07-08-2010

Is this a CORRECT Statement?

Tax Collected or deducted shall be paid within the time and in the manner as may be prescribed.

Within in the seven days from the end of each week ending on every Sunday as per Income Tax Rule-43(b)

Govt. Department. Same day as per Income tax Rule-43(a)

- Omeir - 07-08-2010

On the FBR website there is a SOP for withholding tax. Please read it.
As far as i remember, it is stated that for govt wht agents have to deposit the day they make payment while others have to pay within seven days from the first fortnight of payment.
You may check in the SOP

- olympia - 07-08-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Omeir</i>
<br />On the FBR website there is a SOP for withholding tax. Please read it.
As far as i remember, it is stated that for govt wht agents have to deposit the day they make payment while others have to pay within seven days from the first fortnight of payment.
You may check in the SOP
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks for ur prompt reply
could u plz tell me the SOP #
& if i m not wrong Fortnight means "TWO WEEKS"
but some one confuse this with "seven day"

- LapTop - 07-08-2010

JI ye sahi hay k government departments jo amount withheld karty han unhay usi din deposit karwana parta hay, or un k ilawa job hi withholding agent ho ga un k pass 7 din ka time hota hay withholding amount jama karwany ka.

- olympia - 07-08-2010

payment k lie ok thanks

actually my concern is about the duration in which v deduct the tax

now tell me one more thing

a) For private organization v made payments through <font color="red">1st june, 10 <font color="black">to</font id="black"> 15th June, 10</font id="red"> v deduct WHT on these payments now v can deposit this tax till 22nd june, 10?

b) or v deposit the tax <font color="red">1st June, to 7th June, 10</font id="red"> then <font color="red">8th June, to 15th June, 10</font id="red">?
i mean to say <font color="red">two time</font id="red"> deposit for <font color="red">30 days </font id="red"> or <font color="red">four</font id="red"> <font color="red">time</font id="red"> deposit for <font color="red">30 days</font id="red">

- LapTop - 07-08-2010

where the tax has been collected or deducted by a person other than the Federal Government or a Provincial Government, by remittance to the Government Treasury or deposit in an authorized branch of the State Bank of Pakistan or the National Bank of Pakistan, within seven days from the end of each fortnight.

Is ka matlab ye hay k har ik week ki payments aap aap alayhda alahda karyn gay each fortnight say murad one week hoti hay, jab week mukamal ho jaye ga to us k baad aap k pass 7 din hon gay us week ki payment jama karwany k liye,

- olympia - 07-09-2010

thank u laptop