Accountancy Forum
confused in deciding to go fo CA or ACA(icaew) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: confused in deciding to go fo CA or ACA(icaew) (/showthread.php?tid=8377)

confused in deciding to go fo CA or ACA(icaew) - aftab khatri - 07-18-2010

Hi there,
well can sum1 guide me to solve this problem. although my first preference is ACA. but a friend of mine told me that securing a training contract for Pakistani student is quite difficult. Is that true. So I am bit confused. I also wanted to know the reputation of both the qualification.

- arsenal.gooner - 07-18-2010

yes your friend is quite right.

- aftab khatri - 07-19-2010

@gooner,
friend do u have any evidence to support your view. or any link that can provide me with sufficient information.

- Osama Rules - 07-19-2010

Salam,

Well,I think first you need to decide whether you wanna stay in pakistan or go to uk for your career.

Secondly,do tell us your background so that it would be easy for us to help you.Also do clarify that the training contract that you are talking about is in pak's or uk's context?

Regards.

- arsenal.gooner - 07-19-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aftab khatri</i>
<br />@gooner,
friend do u have any evidence to support your view. or any link that can provide me with sufficient information.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

look there are only a handful of ICAEW ATOs and most acca affiliates (i dont know if you are one) prefer doing icaew due to more exemptions, similar testing to acca and greater recognition. because of this, competition is fierce within the few firms that are registered with ICAEW.
ICAP ka yeh hai k you can get into any firm and there are thousands of firms and therefore in this context, getting an ICAP contract is not that difficult. what is difficult is getting into a good firm.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

- aftab khatri - 07-23-2010

well I have just completed my A levels and now want to pursue ACA from uk.Besides I want my training contract to be based in UK.

- Osama Rules - 07-23-2010

Salam,

Well,we both share same objectives.One can start ACA directly after A levels from uk,it's like 15 papers & 3 years of internship.BUT the main problem with that is it's difficult for an international student to get an internship contract as there are many local students too competing for the same position.....so it's tough but not impossible....atleast that's what I have heared.

According to me safe bet would be to complete the graduation first then move on to uk to complete ACA,in this way chances of getting a contract rises & overall you will have more worth.

Hope this helps.

Regards.