Accountancy Forum
What should one do after ACCA? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What should one do after ACCA? (/showthread.php?tid=8419)

Pages: 1 2

What should one do after ACCA? - Fareed - 07-25-2010

Guys, I am doing ACCA at present.
As the market these days is very dynamic and competitive, one can not have a gud place wid only a single qualification (atleast according to my perception of todays world).
What I was planning some days before was to do CIMA after completing ACCA, but I just realised that CIMA is cost and management Accounting and ACCA is financial, so there is no sense in doing CIMA.

Besides doing MBA (Finance), wot other qualification should I go for?

I heared of CIA, but it is auditing.

What about CFA?

your quick response would highly be appreciable.

- arsenal.gooner - 07-25-2010

there are no hard and fast rules fareed. you have just started ACCA so better put your entire focus on passing it in the very first attempt rather than contemplating on future qualifications.

You are as much aware of the different options as we are. so better get your interest into something before deciding about your future course of action.

Rgds,

- noman - 07-25-2010

shadi kar lo yaar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by noman</i>
<br />shadi kar lo yaar
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hahaha.. great one yaar [D][D][D]

- raza 123 - 07-25-2010

Mostly people do CA or CIMA -)

- VITAL - 07-25-2010

Fareed
Yes the current market situations and economic conditions are not favorable. The survival of the fittest is the rule that prevails in today’s world

But by having different types of qualifications is not the solution. In fact one good qualification will serve the purpose if that qualification is a good one.

For example, a person is going through CFA program after simple graduation. What do you think he will not be a successful candidate for the job only because he has one qualification.

It is just my initial advice.

Because you are very much confused and information you provided is unclear

1. What is ACCA is financial and CIMA is management accounting?
ACCA also includes management accounting.

2. You trying to say ACCA is not enough. Right. But at the same time you like to do other qualifications which have less scope as compared to ACCA (of course other than CFA)

3. What you like to become is also unclear.

4. It seems like you can do anything other than CA.
Would you like to tell me why not CA (ICAEW or ICAP)
Any reason?

5. Are you doing MBA alongside ACCA?
If so CFA will be the best option.
If not, I recommend CA or CFA.

6. CA of ICAEW or of ICAP is dependent on your response to point 4.

- VITAL - 07-25-2010

Arsenal
I have two questions for you. Just take it frivolously.

First, If Fareed were an A module student then what would you advice him?

Second, What you like to do after ACCA?

Just a frivolous talk.

- FutureCA - 07-25-2010

VITAl..
do u think that MBA(finance) has less scope and value than ACCA?
than why does an MBA gets big job as compared to an ACCA

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />Arsenal
I have two questions for you. Just take it frivolously.

First, If Fareed were an A module student then what would you advice him?

Second, What you like to do after ACCA?

Just a frivolous talk.

1. if fareed were a Module A student, my advise would be the same. that is, put your entire concentration on passing in first attempt and get into a big4 firm. once you get into the firm, what a few of my friends have done is that since they have 1.5 yrs gap, they are also doing some other qualification just as a back up plan. but many just concentrate on E and F which is better in my opinion.

2. i dont know yet ViTAl, honestly. i am just concentrating on passing ACCA in the first attempt. but one thing is for sure. kuch to aur karna parega. but as i have mentioned in many posts earlier that i am of the view that if you want to climb the career ladder, you have to be really good and stand out from the rest. moreover, it also depends on what area i develop an interest in. for eg, if i dont have an interest in financial management, there is not point in doing CFA. just an example. so i wont do anything just for the sake of it. Rest, lets see how the story ends.

Rgds,

- VITAL - 07-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FutureCA</i>
<br />VITAl..
do u think that MBA(finance) has less scope and value than ACCA?
than why does an MBA gets big job as compared to an ACCA

I do not think an MBA gets a "bigger" job as compared to ACCA member. Do you know an MBA who got much better job as compared to ACCA member that you also know and both are of same age and completed their qualification/ education at the same time.

I know otherwise that’s why I said so.

- Fareed - 07-26-2010

@ Vital

response to the points

01. People use to say that ACCA is mainly financial accounting as CIMA is management, although ACCA does emphasis on management accounting as much as it does on Financial, still i dunno y they perceive it so.

02. You are right, CFA and CA are superior that ACCA.

03. Bro, my target is to become an employee at the managerial level in my early career, and off course with the passage of time and after gaining experience I want to see myself at the highest possible level InshAllah, and for that I can do as much hard work as possible.

04. I never said I am not interested in CA, I wrote so, because I wanted accountancy member's comments on qualifications other than CA, because I think I know about CA and exemptions offered to ACCAians.

05. After completing my Skill module of ACCA, I am planning to apply for OBU BSC (Honors), I have also read in multiple texts that after becoming ACCA member OBU awards MBA (Finance), (m not so
sure about it and I will visit ACCA service center for more information).

06. comment on CA from ICAEW or ICAP.

Thanks.

- Fareed - 07-26-2010

@ arsenal

Bro, I am concentrating on my studies.
The reason why I am involved in gaining information about the other choices available is that (say) if I find CFA the best option after completing ACCA, I should choose Financial Management (Paper P4) in optional papers.

So, I am planing for my future while doing ACCA, because (say) after leaving Paper P5 as an optional paper there would be no point in doing CIMA.

- arsenal.gooner - 07-26-2010

@ fareed

yes sir.. as you say. waisay by the way, i dont buy this statement that if you dont do p5, there is not point in doing cima. one paper cannot be compared to a complete qualification. its about knowledge. whether it is in the form of p5 or cima, as long as you are interested, there should be no problem

Rgds

- VITAL - 07-26-2010

Fareed

I am sure you are a bright student. I appreciate your curiously to know about different qualifications and your planning for the future is amazing.
Yes, studying and planning for the future can go side by side. It is very beneficial.
Concentration on studies should be the primary objective and I know that you know this more than anyone else.

I think CIMA is not of your type. Even CIA. You are a big player. CA or CFA type.

I can give you information which will help you in your decision making.

In order to go through CFA program, full ACCA qualification is not required. (I read this in CFE website).

If you want to work in UK, of course ICAEW
If you want to work here, my ICAP is the best option.

I cannot comment on OBU and its degrees because CA students have nothing to do with them.

- Fareed - 07-28-2010

@ arsenal

Bro, if u r planing to do CIMA after ACCA, its a lot better to choose P5 in optional paper coz both are related to cost and management accounting, so, if u r pre-planned its sensible to choose P5 rather than leaving it as optional.