Accountancy Forum
Refund Claim Prepartion System(RCPS) Info Required - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tax (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Refund Claim Prepartion System(RCPS) Info Required (/showthread.php?tid=8582)

Pages: 1 2

Refund Claim Prepartion System(RCPS) Info Required - Kasim - 08-17-2010

Hi alls

i need some sort of information regarding software used for preparing sales tax refund claim.

actually one is required to input all the data of sales invoices,purchase invoices,gds, utility bills and inventory etc on software available (to be down load from fbr site) for refund claim.

<b>Question is </b>can two or more persons input all such data on different computer systems having required software and later on can all their individual inputs can be combined on one single computer system to prepare single report (to be submitted to sales tax department) or is there any other way to have all inputs in lessor time by assging same job to two or more people at the same time.

or

is there only one way to input all data (to have required report) i.e to input data on single software installed on any single system only.
hope to see reply soon

Regards

- LapTop - 08-17-2010

Kasim Bhia,

may nay RCPS use nahi kiya par us ki user guide phari hay,,,, usy aap use kar sakty han is maksad k liye jo ap nay bayan kiya hay,,, RCPS may 1 Data Base Server banaya jata hay or us k sath clients banaye jaty han,,,

data input tamam client say ho sakta hay,,

But reports generation and backup should be carried out from Data Base Server.

- Information Consultant - 08-18-2010

I agreed with laptop ap kay pas agar 2 ya is say zada computers hain to server or client banlijiay or work group per bhi kam hojay ga .
data to single database may jarha hota hay is liay combined karnay ki zaroorat nahi hay.

I think ap ko clear hogia kay ap kam time may zada data enter karsaktay hain .
refund claim karnay kay liay ap sales invoice ka record kuon input kar rhay hain?
Stock report banatay waqat careful rahiya ga normally sales tax walay us per objection lagadaitay hain

- Kasim - 08-18-2010

thanx lptp & infocon
(hope so u dont mind abrivations lol)

infocon
am i not required to input sales invoices data to claim refund?
what type of care is required for preparing stock report so that sales tax walay us per object na karain?

actually its new assignment for me as well as other co-workers in firm even for my Partner
so if possible for u and lptp give me more info regarding using this s/w
and also plz tell how to create database server and clints? to use this s/w on multy stations.

thanx again & in advance
regards

- WARDAH - 08-18-2010

@KASIM..

Question is can two or more persons input all such data on different computer systems having required software and later on can all their individual inputs can be combined on one single computer system to prepare single report (to be submitted to sales tax department) or is there any other way to have all inputs in lessor time by assging same job to two or more people at the same time.

Sales tax returns could be filed electronically FBR website portal for sales tax. There are two options available on web portal

1. enter all input data ( Name of Party, Party NTN or STRN, Number of Invoices, Value Inclusive Sales Tax, Amount of Sales Tax and Value Excluding Sales Tax etc)one by one on online form appearing on the portal.

2. MS Excel based sample file is available on the portal, we have to download such file, input data in relevant columns and after completing all the required fields upload this file to FBR web portal.

In your case you can not use the option 1 as you want work sharing which could not possible on online input of data. In case of option 2 MS Excel file could be downloaded and shared between number of co workers to input there relevant data. So, the there is no separate software which is provided by FBR but MS Excel.

Q-am i not required to input sales invoices data to claim refund?

Sales refund in fact is the difference of sales tax you have received on behalf of FBR and Sales Tax you have to pay to other parties at the time of purchase. e.g

Purchase 100 units @ Rs 5 each = 500
Sales Tax @ 16% = 80
Purchase Value = 580

Sales 50 Units @ Rs 6 each = 300
Sales tax @ 16% = 48
Value of Sales = 348

In above case your input sales tax on purchase is Rs 80 and output sales tax on sales is Rs 48 so Rs 32 will be sales tax refundable to you. What the Excel sheet (FBR Software So called) do only Deduct input out of output to calculate tax refundable or tax payable.

If you will not input sales invoice data how the amount of refund could be calculated? Sales tax refund could be claimed only if you have a refundable amount and have proper sales tax invoices in support of such purchases or sales.

Q-what type of care is required for preparing stock report so that sales tax walay us per object na karain?

If you have 10 Pencils in your box (opening stock) at beginning of the day, 20 Pencils purchases by you and 5 pencils you have sold during the day closing balance in your hand (Closing Stock) will by 10+20-5=25. The 25 is your closing stock, so in above case you submit details of your sales and purchase and opening stock to the FBR so closing stock should be reconciled with your sales and purchase quantity that you have submitted through your returns.

Q-and also plz tell how to create database server and clints? to use this s/w on multy stations.

Such Excel file could be stored on any computer and shared with different users at there station by file sharing options and placing it in shared folder. e.g right click on excel file go to properties to allow multi persons modification. etc.

Regards,
WARDAH

- LapTop - 08-18-2010

hahahahahaha bohat acha samjhaya wardha nay,,,, par wo ik bat bhol gain k yahan bat REFUND ki ho rahi hay RETURN ki nahi,,,,

Kasim Bhai,,,

is link say ap software download kar sakty han or user guide bhi,,,

http//www.fbr.gov.pk/softwares/st.asp

- Information Consultant - 08-19-2010

I think kasim tumahin ab kafi clear hogia hoga

Refund kon claim karsakta hay aik query ai thi wo may tumhain batata hoon laptop nay us may detail may bataya hay wo zaroor read karlo.

wo query search karlo marium nay ki thi

refund ham anpi purchase invoice ya import ki gd per jo input tax daitay sirf us ka claim kartay hain.is liay sales tax invoice irelevent hojati hain.waisay bhi refund kay case may sales tax invoice per sales tax nahi hota hay.

Stock ki jahan tak bat hay warda nay acha explain kia hay may sirf yay add kardon kay apna consumption ratio zaroor maintain rakhna .
consumption ratio samajh may na ay to pooch laina.

tum RCPS ka kon sa version use karrhay ho yay batado or agar sharing
karna abhi bhi samajh may nahi aya hay to batadaina .

- WARDAH - 08-19-2010

Okay, I mucked up the word refund with return so give the details about return. However, in case of RCPS Laptop is right. Reports could be generated from server only while data entry could be done simultaneousness at different work stations.
Regards,

- Information Consultant - 08-19-2010

Data reqd to be input in RCPS

Local purchase invoice Taxable
Import GD Taxable
KESC bill (Consumer No AP and BL ,AL not allowed)
Sui Gas
Both the utility bills must have GST no
Export GD
Stock Detail ( careful about consumption ratio)

Remeber that reports generated by RCPS reconcile with ur sales tax return

For networking(If network structure already exsist)
Install ur software in ur server and then share the folder into client.

- gulabomer - 08-20-2010

i am in textile sector, and my senior did not taken utility bills (elctricity,gas,water etc)in zero rated category at all at the time of return, he used to submit hard copies of all these bill at the time of refund. isn't it wrong.
afterall they were a part of our purchases.

- gulabomer - 08-20-2010

i am using RCPS 5.1 FROM FEW MONTHS , IS THEIR ANY ADVANCE VERSION OF THIS SOFTWARE FOR REFUND OR IS IT MANDATORY TO USE RCPS 5.1

- gulabomer - 08-20-2010

GUYS YOUR EFFORTS ARE REALLY APPRECIATED, CARRY ON WITH THIS, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I HAVE LEARED A LOT FROM YOUR COMMENTS HAVING COURRENT ISSUES.

- Information Consultant - 08-20-2010

Textile sector is a zero rated sector. It seems from ur quiestion that your KESC ang gas bills are not zero rated and salestax still charge on theses bills.
If this is the case then u will claim sales tax rerund on utility bills and if u have any taxable purchase the input charge on it is also refundable.
Procedure to file refund in case of above mentioned condition
there are two sections in refund dept one is called utility and other is called group.In utility section we manually prepare our file and submit it .CD in this case is not compulsaroy yet .So it is ok if ur senior file manually refund file.
In case of group u must prepare a CD and submit back up of ur rec in cd or USB and as well as submit ur file also.

If u r in Karachi than RCPS version is ok yes there is a new version available on fbr web site and i think it is mandatory in Lahore rto

- gulabomer - 08-21-2010

thanks for reply, utility bills are zero rated for textile sector currently as a special case

- Information Consultant - 08-21-2010

GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
FEDERAL BOARD OF REVENUE
(REVENUE DIVISION)

Islamabad, the 13th August, 2010.
NOTIFICATION
(SALES TAX)

S.R.O. 810 (1)/2010.--In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 4 and section 40 of the Federal Excise Act, 2005, section 219 of the Customs Act, 1969 (IV of 1969), section 50 of the Sales Tax Act, 1990, read with sub-section (2) of section 8, clause (ii) of sub-section (2) of section 8B, sections 9, 10, 14, 21 and 28, clause © of sub-section (1) of section 22, section 26, sections 48, 50A,52, 52A, 61 and 66 thereof, the Federal Board of Revenue is pleased to direct that the following further amendment shall be made in the Sales Tax Rules, 2006, namely-

In the aforesaid Rules, in rule 28, for sub-rule (1A), the following shall be substituted, namely-
“(1A) Any registered person claiming refund under this Chapter shall have the option to electronically file refund claim through FBR web portal by using the user-id, password and pin code allotted to him at the time of e-Enrollment.”.
[C.No. 3(1)ST-L&P/2010]

(Azood-ul-Mehdi)
Second Secretary (Law & Procedure)