Accountancy Forum
Quote of the Day - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Quote of the Day (/showthread.php?tid=8701)

- Moamar Qazafi - 08-08-2011

“According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway.”
- Igor Sikorsky

“Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others thinkyou are.”
John Wooden

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
- Groucho Marx

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."

- Gordon Hinckley

- Moamar Qazafi - 08-10-2011

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never re-gain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

"I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, veven nature."

John D. Rockefeller

"Do more than belong participate. Do more than care help. Do more than believe practice. Do more than be fair be kind. Do more than forgive for-get. Do more than dream work."

William Ward

Don't worry about things that you have no control over, because you have no control over them. Don't worry about things that you have control over, because you have control over them." - Mickey Rivers

Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you? ~Fanny Brice

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace.
~Victor Hugo

Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - 'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.'

- Joan McIntosh

Above all things, never be afraid. The enemy who forces you to retreat is himself afraid of you at that very moment.

Andre Maurois

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The safest course is to do nothing against one's conscience. With this se-cret, we can enjoy life and have no fear from death.”

Voltaire