Accountancy Forum
What should i do - Leaving for foreign lands - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What should i do - Leaving for foreign lands (/showthread.php?tid=8720)

Pages: 1 2

What should i do - Leaving for foreign lands - vikram - 09-09-2010

hi i am an acca student
and will attempt f8 f9 n p1 in december
and I am planing to leave for foreign which country will be feasible for me as i need to do job n need to complete education
i had completed graduation
so need suggestions as will dubai be ok or somewhere else
i belong to middle class so fatre leaving for foreign i need to bear my all expenses by my own

- arsenal.gooner - 09-09-2010

for 22-23 (or whtever ur age is), you have used the scarce resources of this Pak Sar Zameen and when the time came to give something back, you want to flock off!! Sick man.

Now dont tell me that there are no opportunities here, if you dont buy the ticket, you dont win the raffle..

- vikram - 09-10-2010

hey man the thing whch u are speaking is just a useless thing
if u wana help ur country so u had ato adobt the foreign thing new technologies so u cn help n belonging to middle class n stying in ths country u cnt do anything so wht the hell i am leave tht okie
u shuld do for ur country thts enough man

- raza 123 - 09-10-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />for 22-23 (or whtever ur age is), you have used the scarce resources of this Pak Sar Zameen and when the time came to give something back, you want to flock off!! Sick man.

Now dont tell me that there are no opportunities here, if you dont buy the ticket, you dont win the raffle..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hahaha P well said P

- arsenal.gooner - 09-11-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vikram</i>
<br />hey man the thing whch u are speaking is just a useless thing
if u wana help ur country so u had ato adobt the foreign thing new technologies so u cn help n belonging to middle class n stying in ths country u cnt do anything so wht the hell i am leave tht okie
u shuld do for ur country thts enough man
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

okay go abroad.. but for gods sake, bloody stay there for the rest of your life and dont come back.. if you dont care for this country, there is absolutely no reason why you would ever want to return.

those who love this country will contribute in whtever way they can and therefore there is no need for people like you who never believe in this country.

You have the opportunity to join the educated Pakistanis who really want to make a difference here. its not just talk, lets walk the walk but i guess you are a little bit self-centered.

Go there and bloody stay there but plz dont come back after 5 years with a strange accent telling us whts wrong with this country because you never did anything for it.. you just sucked blood out of it like a doomed creature!!

- noman - 09-11-2010

mr.gooner.......what can a person do for the country if there is no good job for him?
isn't it better that he go to a foreign country and send some foreign exchange back?
also if he goes..someone else, who can't go abroad, will be in a better position to get a job here...

- arsenal.gooner - 09-11-2010

noman,

the lad is just studying and hasnt even applied for a job yet.. its our sick mentality that we make ourselves believe that there is no option but to flock off.. at least try.. i dont buy that there are no jobs at all. if you have the potential, you will cut it in the market.

if only the countries (when this chap wants to go) have the kind of jobs and all, then the rest of the nations would have zero population.

Its our country and it is our duty to contribute in whatever way we can to make it a better place. At least a moral revolution which to start changing the way we think at least. Leave others, just begin with yourself. There are alot of successful people out here in the corporate sector.. they had the guts to make it big here.

its just not about the jobs, its about mentality.. wanting to leave the country for anything.

Rgds,

- raza 123 - 09-11-2010

Gooner And Noman u both are right on ur point of views ... -) and i think Gooner is getting thora sa emotional patriotic P dunt mind -) I support Gooner and noman bcus u both are right above - )

- noman - 09-12-2010

mr.gooner... .you did not answer my question regarding how one can contribute when there is no wayw of doing it!!.....do you know doctors are going in flocks off to KSA...why? because they will get decent pay for the hardwork they have done so far..........if they were to follow your logic...they should stay in pak..earning 28000 per month....to feed and educate their families.....and that they will get after giving 10 years of their life for the profession......

obviously i fully agree to your point about those people who just believe that going abroad will solve all their problems.......i am talking about reasonable,serious individuals...who have tried to contribute and have not been able to 'make it big' for whatever reasons.......and after serious consideration...they decide to leave the country..

i would just like to know at which stage you are..i mean student, articleship, or job so that i can respond more appropriately....

because u seem to be emotional...and don't see any Real life arguments...only rhetoric and emotions...i do not wish to be personal at all....just to clarify my point of view and for the sake of debate..hope u understand that...

- arsenal.gooner - 09-12-2010

noman,

the point i tried to make was exactly for those who do not consider anything else than go abroad. if you read my post, i said that one must give a shot here. After that if all fails, then absolutely one can consider going abroad bcz everybody has a right to live a decent life.

my argument was for people like vikram who are still students, never applied anywhere and beforehand they conclude that it is best to go abroad.

The first priority should always be to make it big in our own country and then if one is unable to, fair enough.

i hope i presented my point better.

As far as your argument about me not seeing the real life situations, i would just like to say one things that there will always be people who will rise to the top and they are from within us, the masses.

Rgds,

- isookvi - 09-13-2010

First of all I would like to say that both of your(arsenal, noman) point of views are quite reasonable and well thought out. Obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one person's situation is the same. I think discussion like these should be encouraged on these forums because it may save a lot of new readers from making choices without considering all of the factors. One thing is for certain though, wherever you go you will always need to work hard, have faith and will need a little bit of luck to make it big. I always prefer one should "think big" but not think recklessly. Because sometimes high risk equals high return but sometimes the risk is not worth the return.
I have met a lot of people young and old who regret decisions they made in their lives. Some regret one and some regret a series of decisions leading to their current state. But no one knows that if they hadn't made those decisions where they would have been. May they would be successful or miserable...who knows? What I am trying to say is whenever YOU make a decision YOU should be able to assess the consequences of YOUR decisions. Don't let other people make YOUR decisions. Gather all the information and keep what you like and discard what you don't. But do what YOU like or want so that in the end you don't have any regrets. And if you do just think that at one time THIS was exactly the thing you wanted, and be happy with that.
If you think you will be more successful in dubai, go there and try your luck but don't let others influence your decision because only you will have to face its effects in the end. If you do get successful there(dubai) and provide for your family here in Pakistan. There will be at least one less unhappy family in Pak. So everyone wins. But it can turn the other way as well. EVALUATE all options, make your own decisions and have the guts to live with the consequences arising from it.
I think enough with the philosophy lecture.

Note This was directed towards the OP.

Regards

- aimaad22 - 09-14-2010

gooner's sentiments are to be appreciated, although I dont think its as simple as that.

I dont think there is anything wrong with studying or working abroad for a period of time. It can open up a lot of opportunities for you. And these days a newly qualified person cant take care of his family, if he is the sole earner. By going abroad he probably could. Who can blame such a person for feeding his family? How patriotic would you feel working in your home country but not being able to feed your children or send them to a good school? And anyway, after a few years abroad you may have the experience to come home and give some really valuable input in your job in Pakistan.

So there are a great many factors and I think simply criticizing anyone for wanting to spend some time abroad is rubbish. We dont know about the circumstances of the person here so its not right to give comments on it. Its the people who immigrate and forget about Pakistan permanently that are wrong.

- Toronto_Boy - 09-14-2010

Dears

As per a recent news, I think in Thursday's or Friday's Jang, oversees Pakistanis have send back US$ 933 million JUST IN ONE MONTH of July or perhaps August 2010. Please note, this contribution is without utilizing any existing resource of Pakistan and without being a burdon on Pakistani resources like electricity, health, water, infrastucture, education facilities or jobs etc.

http//www.jang.com.pk/jang/sep2010-daily/10-09-2010/bus.htm

Pakistanis who go abroad are live Pakistani human capital, precious foreign exchange earner, bread earner of Pakistan, blood contributors, walking actual and volunteer ambassadors of Pakistan without any compensation, even consumers of majority of Pakistani consumable goods abroad i.e. they consume and import what actually Pakistan exports for example Pakistani processed food exports.

Majority of oversees Pakistanis do remember their homeland and contribute in whatever capacity. Perhaps they have "sucked up resources till 22 or 23 years of their age" but then they pay back in foreign exchange and do not contribute toward in-home corruption or burdon on resources for rest of lives.

People have become used to begging from other countries, but do not accept contribution of their own countrymen.

Regards

- isookvi - 09-14-2010

Great stats and input Mr. Torontoboy as always.

- Namia Beera - 09-18-2010

@ ALL PERSONS WHO HAVE POSTED ABOVE!!
dear friends!! Vikram will not stop from going abroad... from our talk... as for his money incentive is more powerful than country... so let him do what he wants...
@ VIKRAM
well... aap ek middle class se belong kartey ho jahaa monetary values ko bht imp di jaati hai.. In my opinion SAUDIA is the best for ACCA JOBS... ek to SAUDIA ka VISA bhi easily lag jata hai 2ndly wahaa per companies employees ko rokney k liey facilities bht ziada provide krti hai... one of my friend's friend went to SAUDIA, he's also an ACCA and he has started earning in a saudian company with 28000 RAYALS... also a bungalow, car and other facilities are given to him by his company....