Accountancy Forum
Help Needed: CAT to ACCA Route - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Help Needed: CAT to ACCA Route (/showthread.php?tid=8725)

Help Needed: CAT to ACCA Route - danyalkr - 09-10-2010

hello
I have just completed my fsc. I need help. I am thinking of doing CAT and then ACCA. Please can somebody tell me WHAT WILL THIS GET ME? I have no information about this. Please tell me the time period in which i can complete CAT and ACCA. And what kind of study is there in CAT? Is it easy? And what help will i get if i do CAT before ACCA. What is the use of CAT alone? PLEASE HELP ME. I need response before eid. ( please tell me everything you know.

regards,
danyal.

- arsenal.gooner - 09-10-2010

yaar bhai, i dont intend to discourage you but yaar, there are far too many people doing ACCA and waisay bhi ACCA ki koi khaas value nahin.. however if you are determined that you will do another qualification after ACCA, only then go for ACCA..

As far as the time period is concerned, i hv no idea about CAT but minimum time to complete ACCA is 2 years if you take the maximum papers in every attempt without flunking.

Rgds,

- danyalkr - 09-10-2010

And what qualification do you think i should go for after ACCA?

- VITAL - 09-10-2010

CA
CFA
CIMA

- raza 123 - 09-10-2010

dude chose b/w CA and ACCA
above my brother gooner said ACCA has no valuable demand its rubbish - )
Every qualification has its own value.

- danyalkr - 09-10-2010

raza i am pretty firm on doing ACCA. But i need to know what am i gonna get by doing CAT first. Can you tell me a little something about it? Or can anyone tell me about it?

- arsenal.gooner - 09-11-2010

i never said that ACCA is has no value. pardon my english.. i know its pathetic.

wht i was trying to say is that just ACCA alone will get you nowhere in the Pakistani market. there are several reasons for this. however i believe that ACCA provides a platform for greater things. So i stand by the fact that you will have to do some other qualification after ACCA.

PS.. ACCA cannot be directly started after fsc. you will have to do CAT untless you are 21.

Rgds,

- VITAL - 09-11-2010

Nowadays CA students are not fully pleased with their own CA and ACCA students are not satisfied with their own ACCA.

Danyal,
CAT provides a good foundation. People recommend CAT for those you need good foundation. It is easy and should take one year. My brother is doing CAT after Matric.

Second you should be flexible while deciding your future course of action.

- danyalkr - 09-11-2010

Thank you people for helping me out. I'm gonna start CAT. And then i'll do ACCA INSHALLAH. Thought a lot about it. Of course will start at the right time. I'll ask for your help again if i need any. Thank you. EID MUBARAK )

- danyalkr - 09-11-2010

there is one thing i wanted to ask that after doing CAT will i be able to do MBA, is it equivalent to a bachelor's degree, can you get a job after CAT?

- arsenal.gooner - 09-11-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by danyalkr</i>
<br />there is one thing i wanted to ask that after doing CAT will i be able to do MBA, is it equivalent to a bachelor's degree, can you get a job after CAT?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No

- raza 123 - 09-11-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by danyalkr</i>
<br />Thank you people for helping me out. I'm gonna start CAT. And then i'll do ACCA INSHALLAH. Thought a lot about it. Of course will start at the right time. I'll ask for your help again if i need any. Thank you. EID MUBARAK )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The best way is start studying CAT and then Switch to ACCA -) and in the mean if any sort of probing question puzzle ur mind u just ask ur teacher ! ur CAT teachers can bestly guide u ! he will surely tell u how to switch to ACCA plus how many exemptions will u get from ACCA due to CAT -) and many more .. and plus dude CAT is very easy dunt lose ur confidence just have faith in ur fate - )

- danyalkr - 09-11-2010

Thank you raza. That's exactly what i'm gonna do. Insha Allah. Will start CAT asap then go for ACCA.