Accountancy Forum
Overseas option for module C student - Please help - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Overseas option for module C student - Please help (/showthread.php?tid=9173)

Overseas option for module C student - Please help - cowsgonemadd - 11-22-2010

hey guys

I just passed FOUNDATION examinations a week back (ALHAMDOLILLAH) but for obvious reasons I have grown sick of this country and wish to migrate and continue with chartered accountancy there.

What are my best options? I am a module C student...

- mudassar2704 - 11-23-2010

After CA foundation you may not have any considerable exemption. However if you are so tired of this country then go to UK and do ACCA. CA foundation can give you direct entry into ACCA without graduation and 21 years of age.

But brother leaving country is not the solution of problems. Perhapes it's our bad luck that every body thinks to leave the country due to heaps of difficulties here but no body thinks how to remove these difficulties. Go best of luck

- Nauman - 11-23-2010

What has made you sick of this country already? You have not even entered practical life yet and you are making sweeping statements like these.

- cowsgonemadd - 11-24-2010

Don't want to get into a political discussion here but I'll just say this nauman bhai

In this country if you do not have "sources" or can say "tum jaante nahi ho mei koun hounnn" without worrying about what might happen next you're pretty much F*****

back on topic

How do I get on the track to ICAEW?
is it better than ACCA?

- arsenal.gooner - 11-24-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cowsgonemadd</i>
<br />Don't want to get into a political discussion here but I'll just say this nauman bhai

In this country if you do not have "sources" or can say "tum jaante nahi ho mei koun hounnn" without worrying about what might happen next you're pretty much F*****

back on topic

How do I get on the track to ICAEW?
is it better than ACCA?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

thats naive

- mudassar2704 - 11-24-2010

ofcourse ACA ICAEW is of more worth than ACCA. You can have the details of direct entry requirement of ICAEW's ACA from their website http//trainingvacancies.icaew.com/news/1609/entry-routes-to-the-aca.asp
But you should go for ACCA which you may finish in 2 years. After ACCA you will require to sit in only three papers of ACA. Also an ACCA with 5 years of experience is directly admitted as member by ICAEW.

- Nauman - 11-24-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cowsgonemadd</i>
<br />Don't want to get into a political discussion here but I'll just say this nauman bhai

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You will come across morons like these all over the world, Pakistan is not exclusive to such people. As for sources, if you think that you can land good jobs without reference / sources anywhere you are quite naive. You have to have a good network and references i.e people who can get you interviews in companies to get decent jobs, specially in our field of work.

Anyways it is your personal decision, but I'll say this if you are quitting without stepping into practical life first then you are in for a big surprise when you go abroad. Trust me it aint easy there boy.

- mudassar2704 - 11-24-2010

Yup Nauman is right. It is like a urdu phrase "Door k dhol suhanay".
UK, USA and other such countries are much advance as compared to us. But brother their progress is the result of their hard work and commitment with their motherlands. You may go there and might be you live better life than here but remember you can never become an English nor you can ever have the rights and previlages available to thier own citizens. In short your recognition will remain as Pakistani or maximum British Pakistani or American Pakistani.
I am not against this thing that you want to study abroad but the comments you passed for your own motherland.

- cowsgonemadd - 11-25-2010

Well look

I will just say this,

everyone here probably knows friends/relatives abroad but if you ask them whether they would prefer to live abroad or in Pakistan they'll always say abroad.

Also I never meant to say I will just show up at the airport with my bag of clothes lol. I intend to acquire education over there...lol!

This is my motherland and I love it more than anywhere else in the world but security of my life and property is more important. I have tried telling people to wake up and make it a better place along with me and do something but I always get smart ass responses so I have lost all hope.

I never said it's a walk in the park abroad or that i want to become an englishman, I just want security for my life, property and rights which ain't happening here.

- mudassar2704 - 11-25-2010

Best of Luck