Accountancy Forum
for all those ppl who gave me months of tension - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: for all those ppl who gave me months of tension (/showthread.php?tid=9900)

Pages: 1 2

for all those ppl who gave me months of tension - YNWA - 05-22-2011

saying you cant get into a big 4 firm without a huge "pawa" unless you hav a impeccable academic record...
IN YOUR FACE!!! got into all top 3 firms without any...
dont dis heart ppl by saying such stuff,it demotivates tremendously,if i can get in all you ppl can,just be positive

- eshah - 05-22-2011

That is such a motivating thing to hear! Heartiest congratulations )

Can you tell a bit about your academic record please?

- YNWA - 05-23-2011

im am MFC 16, and thanks

- jafrizain - 05-24-2011

Yeah yar many ppl spread misinformation over here without realizing that there words can disheart sumone. And i bet those losserz hav never experienced induction process first hand they just cum here and disheart ppl becoz they hav heard this PAWA thing from a freind who heard it from a freind hwho knew it from his uncle's freind who was once failed in an induction test [D]
Inshalah i will give u ppl the same gud news also, may allah help me.

- usmankhalid - 06-02-2011

You got into top 3 firms at the same time. So undergoing training from all three. heh. You're funny and have a nice celestial tone. In 2004, big 4 firms surely hired guys without any reference due to such huge expansion that took place in corporate sector and consequently in auditing profession. All that occured during Musharraf's era. However, after 2005 things changed due to global recession. At least at KPMG, we had policy of not even accepting CV's of guys. I don't know how you made it to big4 firms without any reference or PAWA as you call it. These days the worst of all firms like Hussain Chaudry, Avais Hyder etc. are not hiring anyone except those that force their entry. I hope you understand what I mean.

- Dard - 06-02-2011

Recommendation is only needed when you don't have an exceptional track record.
Usmankhalid were you selected on recommendation too?

- @CC@ - 06-02-2011

@usmankhalid I have to agree with YNWA that you don't need a 'pawa' to get into the Big 4 firms. A good academic record, along with confidence at the interviews can get you in easily.
I would say the culture at-least at the firms is changing, I don't say that there aren't any who get in through 'pawa' but majority of students nowadays getting in are through merit.

- YNWA - 06-03-2011

@usmankhalid
dude i spent a week at KPMG and then went to PwC eny called me to join i told them that i joined PwC,so i knw that i got into these ones,and wats 2004's economic conditions got to do with me now in 2011!!! and as for how i got in in my opinion alot more depends upon the interview (not to sound arogant)which i aced especially at KPMG

- BILAL.SARDAR - 06-03-2011

yr induction process of kpmg was a drama P

- CA INTR - 06-03-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BILAL.SARDAR</i>
<br />yr induction process of kpmg was a drama P
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
why r u saying i mean to say whether u have any solid reasons for that?

- BILAL.SARDAR - 06-04-2011

test was even unchecked plus all who appeared in test were called for interview so do u think its transparent process of induction P

- usmankhalid - 06-07-2011

Seriously, I don't know what kind of picture this guy is trying to paint. The only three guys who cleared CA inter without any failures were not called upon by any of the big four. Let alone big four, at medium sized firms they aren't hiring anyone without reference and let me tell you there's a huge load of ACCA qualified guys' CV's in those firms. Even when you get inducted with a reference, you have to serve there for at least six months without registration. At PWC its much more than that. Now this is the reality. For those who really agree with YNWA, I'd say just give it a try. ICAP reduced training term for CA foundation from 5 to 3.5 years for only one reason. That is- firms had no place for new chaps. Getting into big four without a reference is a rosy dream that we all had while studying. Once you're done studying, you step into reality.

- imdad1 - 06-09-2011

Congratulations...i also was selected in all big four firms in 2007 P without any references P....and i was also demotivated like u were...i am prety sure ....Ferguson selectes majority of people on merit...and no doubt aff is the best firm!!! Wink......now done with articles last year...now working in big 4 dubai...ALumdullilah qualified CA tooo P

- umerilyas - 06-09-2011

how it is possible that reference or"PAWA" is not used in these firms . i have personally experience that one of my friend clear bcbs in this attepmt and total attempt is more then 10 he is selected in delloite no interview no test and he is on clint. i am finding reference my 2 papers still left so refernce is mandatory

- @CC@ - 06-11-2011

No one has said that there isn't 'PAWWA' at all in these firms. There are some who have strong references who get into the firms without any tests and interviews, but this is a fact that not everyone needs a 'PAWWA' to get into the firm, there are a lot of students now getting into the big four and mid-tier firms with NO REFERENCE at all.