Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Effect of landed cost on COGS
08-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Post: #1
Effect of landed cost on COGS
hi,
landed cost (inbound freight) is part of cogs.
i know that product cost is built of direct material, direct labour and manufacturing overhead.
so may i know how landed cost affect cogs?

thanks
rgds
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Post: #2
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tango_acc</i>
<br />hi,
landed cost (inbound freight) is part of cogs.
i know that product cost is built of direct material, direct labour and manufacturing overhead.
so may i know how landed cost affect cogs?

thanks
rgds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">


It will be treated as manufacturing cost, accordingly, will effect COGS ultimately.

Regards,
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Post: #3
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tango_acc</i>
<br />hi,
landed cost (inbound freight) is part of cogs.
i know that product cost is built of direct material, direct labour and manufacturing overhead.
so may i know how landed cost affect cogs?

thanks
rgds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<font color="red"><b>landed cost</b></font id="red">
<b>Definition</b>
Commonly, the total cost of a landed shipment including purchase price, freight, insurance, and other costs up to the port of destination. In some instances, it may also include the customs duties and other taxes levied on the shipment.

<font color="red"><b>Treatment of landed cost in cost of goods sold statement</b></font id="red">

usually landed cost is the part of cost of purchase, we added landed cost in cost of purchase and calculate net purchases.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Post: #4
 
It will be included in material cost just as freight in is added in the cost of material in CGS.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Post: #5
 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />It will be included in material cost just as freight in is added in the cost of material in CGS.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ok sir
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)