This is our old Accountancy Forum which is now closed and is only available for reference purposes.
Visit the NEW ACCOUNTANCY FORUM at http://forum.accountancy.com.pk/ which is open for registration and discussions.

Accountancy Forum Forum Links » Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Profession
 Firms
 2nd interview in AFF and KPMG
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

faizicapri
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  8:50:32 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sayyaf

quote:
Originally posted by faizicapri

if anyone has received a call for 2nd interview from AFF OR KPMG plzz acknowledge here...i have been waiting for 2nd Interview in these two firm but have'nt received any call yet.
my first interview was on 18th march in both AFF AND KPMG same day!!
i am talking about karachi office.
so anyone who has any info about this plzz share

today was my interview at AFF.U said that ur first interview was on 18th march and 2nd on 8 april.I have heard that AFF responds quickly,perhaps within 10 days of first interview.Was ever1 called so late or ur case was an exception?

Yaar it really depends on AFF when they call u for 2nd interview, although my case was not exceptional many students had to wait so long.
just keep checking ur id online from aff website if ur status is changed from PENDING to RECOMMENDED then u will be definitely called for 2nd interview, and almost 98% of students called for 2nd interview are selected,
so just PRAY and wait.
Go to Top of Page

faizicapri
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  8:29:22 PM  Show Profile
@sayyaf
my 1st interview went really good, at the end of the interview they said to me "Mr.Faizan ur tax knowledge is not up to the mark but still we r processing ur application for 2nd interview, so be prepared when u come for ur 2nd interview"
Go to Top of Page

A.A
Semi Senior

Pakistan
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  03:27:54 AM  Show Profile
@faizicapri:Though your reply about pending application form was for somebody else,it indirectly solved my problem so thanks alot.

@aimaad22:AoA!I am about to finally complete the online AFF form inshallah.The references portion has been marked with asterisks meaning that you have to fill it.What did you do when you were applying since you didn't use any reference?Leave it blank or what?Hope you reply soon.Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

aimaad22
Semi Senior

Pakistan
252 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  2:10:23 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by A.A

@faizicapri:Though your reply about pending application form was for somebody else,it indirectly solved my problem so thanks alot.

@aimaad22:AoA!I am about to finally complete the online AFF form inshallah.The references portion has been marked with asterisks meaning that you have to fill it.What did you do when you were applying since you didn't use any reference?Leave it blank or what?Hope you reply soon.Thanks.

References here can mean 2 things. These days people use 'reference' to mean 'sifarish' or 'pawwa'. Alhamdullilah I didnt have to use that. However, actually reference just means reference!! It is used all over the professional world. Its just a contact you give of someone in a position of confidence so the potential employer can double check your credentials. That is what the reference sections means here. You should definitely fill it up. It can be anyone, but the more respectable position the better. For e.g. it could be someone you know who's a professor in a college or a manager at a bank. Something like that.
Go to Top of Page

A.A
Semi Senior

Pakistan
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  6:39:05 PM  Show Profile
@aimaad22:Thanks alot for your reply.It reassured me as I had gotten a bit confused between the 2 types.I am finally done with the form though for some reason,extra-curricular activities wouldn't get uploaded.
Go to Top of Page

aimaad22
Semi Senior

Pakistan
252 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  9:06:05 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome! Best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

sayyaf
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  11:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Send sayyaf an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by A.A

Make sure the person u r quoting as reference knows u Personally.They may ask ur relationship with the person referred, in the interview.
Go to Top of Page

A.A
Semi Senior

Pakistan
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  6:13:10 PM  Show Profile
@aimaad22:Thank you.Hope your training is going well.Are you registered with ICAP now?
@sayyaf:Thanks for your advice.I have now mentally prepared the answer to this question about the references!
Go to Top of Page

aimaad22
Semi Senior

Pakistan
252 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  10:14:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes Im registered now as was my plan always, and by Allah's grace training is going well.
Go to Top of Page

A.A
Semi Senior

Pakistan
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  11:48:09 PM  Show Profile
That's good to hear.I heard somebody say recently that KPMG isb registered the last/current batch after 8 months!Don't know the details so can't really comment but if it's true then it's scarily unfair.
Go to Top of Page

A.A
Semi Senior

Pakistan
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  12:38:25 AM  Show Profile
For all those who have applied at E n Y Isb at any point in time:You have to fill a form at their office.Can you bring it to your home,fill it and then send it to office through somebody else or do you really have to be present in FRSH's office yourself and fill it there due to some requirements?It would be so convenient for applicants of other cities like me if we didn't have to come over to the office for form-filling.
Go to Top of Page

sayyaf
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  11:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Send sayyaf an AOL message
Today was my 2nd interview at AFF,and by the great blessings of ALMIGHTY ALLAH i have been inducted...

i want to thank all of u 4 ur help...
Go to Top of Page

sherazbohio@hotmail.com
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  11:51:27 AM  Show Profile
many many congrats to you sayyaf as you got inducted in AFFCO.i am an acca affiliate i got a call from affco to submit the documents.i wanted to know after how many days they will for the interview and please share briefly your first interview questions and which office you applied in.i am eagerly waiting for your response.
Go to Top of Page

Namia Beera
Manager

Pakistan
718 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  12:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Namia Beera a Yahoo! Message
SAYYAF.... I am sorry to sya... AFF ISB has only callled us yesterday for document submission... test and interview will held later on... then how it was your 2nd interview????
Go to Top of Page

sayyaf
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  4:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Send sayyaf an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Namia Beera

SAYYAF.... I am sorry to sya... AFF ISB has only callled us yesterday for document submission... test and interview will held later on... then how it was your 2nd interview????

Iam from khi office.induction process is about to complete in KHI.
Go to Top of Page

alihassan1414
Junior

Pakistan
70 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  4:40:00 PM  Show Profile
affco isb office have not called me for document submission ........when i call them they told me that we have called all the applicants for doc submission ......whether they call only short listed candidates for doc submission ....
quote:
Originally posted by Namia Beera

Edited by - alihassan1414 on Sep 28 2010 4:43:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Numair Mushtaq
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  09:29:38 AM  Show Profile
YES it IS
Go to Top of Page

alihassan1414
Junior

Pakistan
70 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  09:58:15 AM  Show Profile
then whats the criteria ......I,m ACCA affiliate.......
quote:
Originally posted by Numair Mushtaq

YES it IS

Go to Top of Page

sherazbohio@hotmail.com
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  10:22:08 AM  Show Profile
mr sayyaf this is to you. can you please tell me after how many days of your first interview , you got a call for 2nd interview and what were you asked in that interview?
Go to Top of Page

sayyaf
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  2:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Send sayyaf an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by sherazbohio@hotmail.com

mr sayyaf this is to you. can you please tell me after how many days of your first interview , you got a call for 2nd interview and what were you asked in that interview?

My 1st was on 16th.I got call for 2nd on 24 and my 2nd was on 27th.
2nd interview was not very difficult,it was taken by partner.Mainly he was looking at my confidence,personality and attitude.He asked few ques abt personality,some iq ques,some GK and a few technical ques.

In the end he told me that we r inducting u and told abt org policies after induction and told me to report on mon 8:30 at AFF HR dept
Go to Top of Page

sherazbohio@hotmail.com
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  2:21:42 PM  Show Profile
can u please state some questions which were askd by partner regarding general knowledge,personality and iq.
Go to Top of Page

raza 123
Manager

Pakistan
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  5:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Am requesting u pls tell us some of the questions he asked ... waiting anxiously for ur reply
Go to Top of Page

scorpian
Junior

Pakistan
112 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  1:03:34 PM  Show Profile
hi

sayyaf could u please tell me that whether u r selected in audit or risk & advisory services ?

please reply

thanks
Go to Top of Page

sherazbohio@hotmail.com
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  5:39:57 PM  Show Profile
plz sayyaf i am urgent.
Go to Top of Page

sayyaf
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  11:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Send sayyaf an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by scorpian

hi

sayyaf could u please tell me that whether u r selected in audit or risk & advisory services ?

please reply

thanks

Section is not disclosed immediately..It will come to my knowledge after the completion of training session.It will take some time perhaps a month from now
Go to Top of Page

sherazbohio@hotmail.com
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  12:06:47 AM  Show Profile
can u plz give me the reply of my latest post.
Go to Top of Page

wajid88shehzad@gmail.com
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  10:46:08 AM  Show Profile
thanks to all of u for guidance.kindly help me.i have done my ca-inter except BCBS.and recently i have done graduation and i m of 13th batch.would u like to guide me about in which i would apply.
Go to Top of Page

Sjd_238
Junior

55 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  2:52:40 PM  Show Profile

could u guys share ur interview Experience in detail...both 1st and 2nd interviews at AFF this would help me and many others..

Go to Top of Page

A.A
Semi Senior

Pakistan
229 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  12:57:59 PM  Show Profile
@Sjd_238:Also check out the thread "I Day Notice" for AFF recruitment process.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Advertisements

Follow Accountancy on TwitterFollow Accountancy on Facebook

Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Advertisement(s)
Accountancy Forum © 2002 - 2010 Accountancy Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000