This is our old Accountancy Forum which is now closed and is only available for reference purposes.
Visit the NEW ACCOUNTANCY FORUM at http://forum.accountancy.com.pk/ which is open for registration and discussions.

Accountancy Forum Forum Links » Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 The Profession
 Career
 Scope of MPA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

madeeha
Junior

Pakistan
58 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  1:54:14 PM  Show Profile
what is scope of mpa?
if yes then preferably in which field?

FerGuSon_in_Mba
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  2:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Madeeha! minimum salary after MPA is 9k or 10k so v cant say dat it has a wider scope. There is a guy workin wid me in a multinational firm earning 11k only.. maximum salary would b around 20k.. as far as field is concern Finance and Managemnent has a greater value..I THINK!!
Go to Top of Page

Motorolo
Unregistered Trainee

48 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  6:04:08 PM  Show Profile
NO NO
MPAz and MNAz have big protocols with government bunglow and guards and everything and get 30,000 pay.


ACCA Students Website ==> www.accaforums.com
Helping Websites ==> www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3134
Go to Top of Page

the_farhan
Semi Senior

Pakistan
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  11:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit the_farhan's Homepage

ms. madeeha, elaborate wht do u actually mean by MPA!!! u used terms MPA & MNA in last post. if u mean MPA in ploitical context, i ve no idea. but if u mean Masters degree in Publc Administration; i can guide u.

MPA is best suited for HR&Administration departments of any company. it is a promising and lucrative career path. of course salaries varry from person to person and company to company. eg, Telenor hired my friend in HR dept. at monthly salary of Pak.Rs. 70,000 per month. he is fresh MPA from uiversity of karachi. his other batchmaies also have got jobs in good companies at handsome packages.

so, dont b edjected if u r interested in MPA. according to my info, only university of khi and greenwhich univ. r offering MPA programs.



FARHAN

live, n let live ...
Go to Top of Page

turithegreat
Senior

Pakistan
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  12:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit turithegreat's Homepage  Send turithegreat an ICQ Message  Send turithegreat a Yahoo! Message
Yar wooo MPA(Master of public adminstration) khi baat kar rahi hai.........

...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................
Go to Top of Page

madeeha
Junior

Pakistan
58 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  1:20:54 PM  Show Profile
yes im talking abt masters in pubic admin
Go to Top of Page

Pracs
Partner

United Kingdom
1542 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  02:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Pracs an ICQ Message
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by the_farhan


ms. madeeha, elaborate wht do u actually mean by MPA!!! u used terms MPA & MNA in last post. if u mean MPA in ploitical context, i ve no idea. but if u mean Masters degree in Publc Administration; i can guide u.

MPA is best suited for HR&Administration departments of any company. it is a promising and lucrative career path. of course salaries varry from person to person and company to company. eg, Telenor hired my friend in HR dept. at monthly salary of Pak.Rs. 70,000 per month. he is fresh MPA from uiversity of karachi. his other batchmaies also have got jobs in good companies at handsome packages.

so, dont b edjected if u r interested in MPA. according to my info, only university of khi and greenwhich univ. r offering MPA programs.



FARHAN

live, n let live ...
[/quote]

So is University of the Punjab, Lahore
Go to Top of Page

FerGuSon_in_Mba
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  10:37:09 AM  Show Profile
If this is the case than y ma frnd who is also my working mate getting only 11k he is also a fresh MPA from KU and doing PIPFA also he is having an experience too..I havent seen students of MPA getting 50k 70k.. My cousin is getting 20k he has also done MPA from KU
Go to Top of Page

the_farhan
Semi Senior

Pakistan
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  10:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit the_farhan's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by FerGuSon_in_Mba

If this is the case than y ma frnd who is also my working mate getting only 11k he is also a fresh MPA from KU and doing PIPFA also he is having an experience too..I havent seen students of MPA getting 50k 70k.. My cousin is getting 20k he has also done MPA from KU



u r right, mr. FerGuSon_in_Mba. some one very rightly said on this forum hat loosers and winners always exist in every profession/field.

i was taking abt those who really have knack, an urge from within, a motivation!!! ppl i quoted were really good in their academics and good grasp over their concepts. these things really count towards ur marke value (salary).

and i beleive tht a person studying at masters level shud be like the way i described. otherwise, things may not b rosy.

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
Go to Top of Page

Muhammad Adnan Arshad
Manager

Pakistan
660 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  1:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muhammad Adnan Arshad's Homepage
For Public/Govt. Sector: MPA is a good option;
For Pvt./NGO Sector: MBA (HRM/IT/FINANCE/MARKETING etc) is the best choice.

Overall, an MPA has an excellent repu in the public admin deptt (especially in govt. orgs' like S&GAD, WAPDA, SSGC/SNGC, PTCL, WASA, etc etc)

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... A D N A N ...............»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»
madnan_arshad@hotmail.com

Edited by - Muhammad Adnan Arshad on Feb 10 2010 12:53:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

FerGuSon_in_Mba
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  1:25:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by the_farhan

quote:
Originally posted by FerGuSon_in_Mba

If this is the case than y ma frnd who is also my working mate getting only 11k he is also a fresh MPA from KU and doing PIPFA also he is having an experience too..I havent seen students of MPA getting 50k 70k.. My cousin is getting 20k he has also done MPA from KU



u r right, mr. FerGuSon_in_Mba. some one very rightly said on this forum hat loosers and winners always exist in every profession/field.



I Agree! the_Farhan!! By the way I am not mr. FerGuSon_in_Mba. I am miss. FerGuSon_in_Mba:P
Go to Top of Page

Mpa_fahad
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  11:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Mpa_fahad a Yahoo! Message
AOA- i m a new entrant.recently, i came across this interesting, yet informative discussion therefore, i would feel nice to put my words.WELL. i m MPA final year studnt from KU.
in my view.
The competetive firms must select the incubent who has got the ability to fulfill their requirements, whether an MPA(HR),(Mkting), or an MBA, etc,. and this is really simple and reality.
as for those who gets motivated by such things. let me tell that our 6 senior students got the JOB in SUPARCO as HR executives with starting pay of 15000- approx. infact they had not taken the final examz..... obviously their aptitude played the most important part.
and more examplz are actually their.
those who wanna ecxel must workhard with their communication and presentation skills as well as managerial skills ...
Moreover, it is a well known fact tht the importance of HR is increasing as Globalization striking our part of the world.
Go to Top of Page

habib
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  8:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit habib's Homepage  Send habib an AOL message  Send habib an ICQ Message  Send habib a Yahoo! Message
AOA It is useless to do MPA from University of Sindh Jamshoro. If YOu have done MPA from Sind University then I think you wasted time and money. hehehehe You only will be able to get job, where You salary will be not more than 1000 thousonds. Regards, Memon Habib.
Go to Top of Page

habib
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  8:38:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit habib's Homepage  Send habib an AOL message  Send habib an ICQ Message  Send habib a Yahoo! Message
IF you have gotten digree from University of Sindh. In my point of view you wasted time and money. hehehe You only will be able to get a job, where You will get salary 1000 thousonds rupees not more than that. Anywayzzzz... I shall pray for your bright venture. Regards, Memon Habib.
Go to Top of Page

ausmanpk2001
Manager

Pakistan
728 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  01:47:47 AM  Show Profile
funny.

looks like you are a victim of Uiniversity of Sindh Jamshoro.

Usman Arshad
Go to Top of Page

eshaal
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  4:52:57 PM  Show Profile
hey
eshaal here i wanna info abt scope of mpa in school,@ international level.

what kin of job do v have after it

[blue]and send some useful link to get better inf.......,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Advertisements


Follow Accountancy on TwitterFollow Accountancy on Facebook





 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Advertisement(s)
Accountancy Forum © 2002 - 2010 Accountancy Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000