This is our old Accountancy Forum which is now closed and is only available for reference purposes.
Visit the NEW ACCOUNTANCY FORUM at http://forum.accountancy.com.pk/ which is open for registration and discussions.

Accountancy Forum Forum Links » Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Profession
 Firms
 Deloitte Articleship Entrance Test
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
Hi guyz....

Last night I got a message from Deloitte for test, which is on 8th april at ICAP at 9 am...

There are upto 80 students (inc. both ca and acca), who have got this msg...

They have told that test will be from Module A-D, and from intermediate (HSC-II)....

Any of u have got this msg, plz share here and can any one also tell me that what areas should be more focused...

I have heard that they did not ask any thing about IAS and IFRS...

Is this true?

Sunny84
Junior

Pakistan
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  12:44:56 AM  Show Profile
Which city r u talking about? there is no test scheduled yet in Islamabad.
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  1:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
I am talking about Karachi
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  4:14:43 PM  Show Profile
SO Guys the test got conducted.. any news regarding when will the results be announced or will they be calling for interviews directly? further, can any one tell me how many people will they recruit and how will they be conducting the interview? what areas will they focus?
Go to Top of Page

Rana Gohar
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  9:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rana Gohar's Homepage
me too attempted the test.. it is told by one of my friend that they'll start calling after 20 and unlike previous time.. partner will be conducting the interview this tym... so no one can tell any one tht what'll going to be asked.. we all want here any one who is related to deloitte.. my friend (traineee of delloitte) told me tht they'll hardly induct 20 trainees... so bhaiyoo muqabla sakht hai bohat ....
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  11:34:23 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rana Gohar

me too attempted the test.. it is told by one of my friend that they'll start calling after 20 and unlike previous time.. partner will be conducting the interview this tym... so no one can tell any one tht what'll going to be asked.. we all want here any one who is related to deloitte.. my friend (traineee of delloitte) told me tht they'll hardly induct 20 trainees... so bhaiyoo muqabla sakht hai bohat ....

But is there any one from the last batch who may be able to share his/her experience as to what Deloitte focuses on... and on what areas should we excel ourselves. does any one else can even tell some internal news regardin the induction....
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  4:26:25 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by A R

quote:
Originally posted by Rana Gohar

But is there any one from the last batch who may be able to share his/her experience as to what Deloitte focuses on... and on what areas should we excel ourselves. does any one else can even tell some internal news regardin the induction....

I heard Deloitte giving interview calls, any idea ? regarding it?
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  9:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Yep..

They've started calling people.. me and couple of my friends have already got a call..

Any idea what they're going to ask in the interview?

My Test didn't went well..

Secondly, is it better to choose Deloitte here in Karachi over a leading commercial bank as an ACCA Qualified? I was hoping for KPMG tbh.. but i guess they've wrapped up their recruitment process..

Any help would be really appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

arcane1
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  10:20:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by URDanka

Yep..

They've started calling people.. me and couple of my friends have already got a call..

Secondly, is it better to choose Deloitte here in Karachi over a leading commercial bank as an ACCA Qualified? I was hoping for KPMG tbh.. but i guess they've wrapped up their recruitment process..

R u a ACCA or C.A student if C.A student, then whats ur mfc??
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  10:51:58 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by arcane1

quote:

Yep..

R u a ACCA or C.A student if C.A student, then whats ur mfc??

ACCA Qualified.. as i wrote before..
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  1:53:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Yep..

Well we have no idea what will they be asking... can you please tell what you were asked in the interview? Good LUck for it...
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  1:55:23 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Yep..

I think its better to choose deloitte as you get a better exposure as compared to any leading commercial banks.... do let us know regardin your interview.. good luck again...
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  4:25:29 PM  Show Profile
Interview went well..

No Technical stuff.. which i was expecting (since i read all IAS and stuff =_=')

Anyway.. Highly Informal Interview comprising of:

1: You and your Family.
2: Why Accounting / Auditing? Look out on your grades? Why didn't you cleared in required time ect ect? First Attempts paper and stuff..
3: Why Deloitte?
4: What do you know about us?
5: Where do you want to go from here? Which field?

Couple of other questions that were asked were Where did you apply before and any interview calls from there or not?

ect ect.

That's about it .. nothing technical as per..

Finally.. Beware ACCA Students..
They will ask you or in fact they think it's NATURAL that you're going to enroll in C.A. Program if you join their firm..
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  8:33:19 PM  Show Profile
i was also asked almost the same qs's today, it was fine but i was a lil confused thr, so worried abt the outcome of the intrview

they told me they will cal short listed candidates next week

wht did they tell u URDanka?

Edited by - mr.4hm3d on Apr 21 2009 9:10:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  10:20:00 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mr.4hm3d

i was also asked almost the same qs's today, it was fine but i was a lil confused thr, so worried abt the outcome of the intrview

they told me they will cal short listed candidates next week

wht did they tell u URDanka?

Can you please share ur experience and are you from CA or ACCA? if CA then what batch n status of Module C?
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  10:28:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Interview went well..

No Technical stuff.. which i was expecting (since i read all IAS and stuff =_=')

2: Why Accounting / Auditing? Look out on your grades? Why didn't you cleared in required time ect ect? First Attempts paper and stuff..

Couple of other questions that were asked were Where did you apply before and any interview calls from there or not?

ect ect.

They will ask you or in fact they think it's NATURAL that you're going to enroll in C.A. Program if you join their firm..

what was the duration of the interview...and what things in your view should we consider before answering? Good luck by the way...are they telling the result on the spot or same standard answer, HR will inform u in a week?

Edited by - A R on Apr 21 2009 10:29:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  08:52:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by A R

quote:

Interview went well..

ect ect.

what was the duration of the interview...and what things in your view should we consider before answering? Good luck by the way...are they telling the result on the spot or same standard answer, HR will inform u in a week?

Yaar .. I answered all questions honestly without any reservations.. It's up to you what you want to answer if you were asked these questions..

They asked me did you apply to other places? I said yes.. the guy who says no, is an idiot :/ Because that idiot thinks that two Guys sitting in front of him are idiots.. They asked if i had any priorities and why? I said yes KPMG, My brother used to work there so that firm has a sweet spot for me .. no other particular reason.. my aim was big4 firms from the start.. either them or i go commercial banking / institution.. he said fine..

They called 24 people yesterday, All ACCA.. giving them / allotting them 10m each.. that is everyone was called with 10 minutes interval from each other..
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  08:56:57 AM  Show Profile
and yes they're not inducting ACCA's on the spot..

a guy from inside the firm told me that they're going to shortlist ACCA.. but may pick up CA on the spot..

Nearly, all other firms have inducted trainees themselves so they know that any one left now is probably not going anywhere else in the near future :>
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:00:03 AM  Show Profile
quote:

and yes they're not inducting ACCA's on the spot..

a guy from inside the firm told me that they're going to shortlist ACCA.. but may pick up CA on the spot..

Nearly, all other firms have inducted trainees themselves so they know that any one left now is probably not going anywhere else in the near future :>

ok Great.....your replies were a great help.. thanks and good luck... do keep us posted if u get any further information :).. thanks once again..

Edited by - A R on Apr 22 2009 11:02:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  1:06:09 PM  Show Profile
i have heard tht they are selecting CA stdnts on conditional basis i.e they will b called only if they clear their mod D exams, i am ACCA nd i was also intrviwd almst abt 10 mins
Go to Top of Page

A R
Junior

51 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  2:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Well thats pretty sad to read... can any one else also post some light over the issue... thanks mr.4hm3d for the news... if any one has further information regarding this plz post .......thanks to all... and good luck...
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  6:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
I am also an ACCA affiliate...and I was also interviewed yesterday...they asked me same questions as described above....and they told me that we have very short demand this time....and we will start offering from next week....I think test result's will also have an impact on selection....But I cant understand 1 thing, which is why they have called ACCA's 1st and not CA's...?? and there were no shortlisting from test regarding ACCA's, as all ACCA's who were present in test were called for interview....
Go to Top of Page

Rana Gohar
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rana Gohar's Homepage
not only ACCA students were called.. one of my Frnd who is also a Ca student and he was interviewed on 21st....
i m not called uptill now.. and waitin anxiously for their call.
do any one knows here that till when they'll be callin??
and i also heared from delloite inner source that no one was interviewed on 22nd.. is it true??
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  12:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
As the interviewer told me that they will start offering from next week....that means all interviews would be conducted this week....so u can expect a call till this week...
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  08:21:11 AM  Show Profile
The interviewer also pointed towards the files that were placed there and told me that they'll decide after seeing these people..

They were like in hundreds tbh..
You will get a call prolly..
Go to Top of Page

Rana Gohar
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  1:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rana Gohar's Homepage
@URDanka yar thanx for motivating.....
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile
are interviws over???

Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  12:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
my friend (who is in deloitte) told me that only on last tuesday the interviews were conducted and they have not conducted interviews on any other day.... and he also told me that they have not yet decided that which persons to be selected...so may be we do not get any reply from deloitte till the end of this this week....
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  1:14:41 PM  Show Profile
any idea how many people were interviwd tht day???

i thnk thy will cal ths week..
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  3:25:29 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by amarlal78

my friend (who is in deloitte) told me that only on last tuesday the interviews were conducted and they have not conducted interviews on any other day.... and he also told me that they have not yet decided that which persons to be selected...so may be we do not get any reply from deloitte till the end of this this week....

Hmm.. then i guess it'll take more time..
Go to Top of Page

Rana Gohar
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  2:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rana Gohar's Homepage
one of ma friend who was also interviewd last tuesday, got a call today from delloitte that he has been shortlisted... do any body knows tht wat do they mean by sayin this??? (tokin in the context tht when u hears the same words from FRSH it means tht u r rejected)
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile
i think he got selected, i heard last nite tht final 20 are selected nd will be called during this week
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  3:57:47 PM  Show Profile
i thnk he shuld call thm and ask thm, coz thy must hv told him whn to join if he was selected
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  08:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
i called deloitte yesterday...and then askem them to tell me the status...Mr. Faizan told me that partner have gone busy and he have not taken interviews after that 1st batch...so we can't say that in how much time the offering will start...
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  7:45:59 PM  Show Profile
the way they are going on with interviws , i think they will take a month to start calling short listed candidates,
i called deloitte today, operator said tht nobody is presnt in HR today, call again on monday :|

strange!
Go to Top of Page

Rana Gohar
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  11:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rana Gohar's Homepage
yar we r still waitin for the interview call.. ek to test itna late lia.. n now interviews..:( we dunno wat this delloite is thinkin...!!
can any bdy tell us the reall internal sory tht wat the hell is goin on there??
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  10:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
I think I got the internal story of all this of not calling for interviews...As the CA result is coming on 12th May...Deloitte will then call only those persons who have cleared Module 'D' in their exam...By this way the persons who have not cleared Module 'D' will be kept out of this interviews as they don't need this articleship right now...and as soon as the result comes then the eligible people will be called....thats why they have already taken the interviews of almost all ACCA's and not CA's....what u guyz think about that...???
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  12:03:47 PM  Show Profile
u might be right but they should hv told ACCA's atleast about their status, we have been at home for last 2.5 months after our results.cant even join sumwhr else in this hope tht we might get a call frm deloitte.

its really too disappointing the way they have handled this recruitmnt procedure.
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  12:06:23 PM  Show Profile
@ Rana Gohar : yar u mentioned earlier about your friend getting a call frm deloitte tht he has been short listed, did he call thm and ask them wht do they mean by tht? i mean is he selected or rejected?
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  09:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
yaar how could they tell ACCA'a the status...as they can onlt tell that after getting all interviews (both CA's and ACCA's)...so they could sort out from all candidates and then start offering to the best one's....
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  9:29:04 PM  Show Profile
have anyone heard anythng frm deloitte? i called thm twice but mr Faizan baig was not thr.
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
Yes....I m selected in deloitte....and there were 2 more ACCA's with me...and yet 2 another were about to come...that means total 5 ACCA's were offered...Mr. Amir Baig, the senior HR Manager told us some details and thats it....but C.A interviews are going on from yesterday...
Go to Top of Page

URDanka
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
19 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Yeah one of my friend also got selected..

I didn't get a call.. though.. even though my interview went well >_<'
anyway.. Congratulations and Good Luck. !
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:05:21 PM  Show Profile
i didnt get a call either from deloitte... i called thm today nd they said ur status is unclear yet and we cant say anythng with surity before 12th may

may b they hv kept us on waiting list
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:06:56 PM  Show Profile
congrats amarlal .. any idea obout their requirmnt? and whn will u b joining ?
Go to Top of Page

Rana Gohar
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
24 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  11:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rana Gohar's Homepage
congratzz to all of those who got selected..
do any body knows about any CA student who got selected...???
i m a CA student and i m told by one of my trainee friend who have seen my test marks and told me tht i have scored good... but i have not recieved a call uptill now :( thts y i m vry much in stress these days... friends here plss pray for me...
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
thanks all u guys....they are calling CA's right now for interview. dont be stress u will be called for interview...just be patient....and orientation is from 18th May...and offers to CA's will be started after result...which is not so far away...and they require me to join CA...that is their requirement...nothing else...
Go to Top of Page

mr.4hm3d
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
46 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  11:54:12 AM  Show Profile
will they only b selecting CAs from now on??
or ACCA's also still stand a chance?
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  9:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
cant say anything....it is obvious that ca will be offered from now...but can't say anything about ACCA's...or this may happen that any ACCA who have been offered, he may reject the offer...so then they could call the next best candidate...
Go to Top of Page

Rana Gohar
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
24 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  9:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rana Gohar's Homepage
how coud they revoke their offer.. i mean tht did it happen b4??? do any bdy knows tht how much trainees they require??
Go to Top of Page

amarlal78
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
12 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  09:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Send amarlal78 a Yahoo! Message
i dont think that they can revoke their offer...afterall it is one of the Big 4 audit firm...not a local small firm...however candidate, by own, could reject their offer....and I think that they need at least 25-30 trainess this time...further its on the firm...lets c how much they induct this time...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Advertisements

Follow Accountancy on TwitterFollow Accountancy on Facebook

Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Advertisement(s)
Accountancy Forum © 2002 - 2010 Accountancy Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000