This is our old Accountancy Forum which is now closed and is only available for reference purposes.
Visit the NEW ACCOUNTANCY FORUM at http://forum.accountancy.com.pk/ which is open for registration and discussions.

Accountancy Forum Forum Links » Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Profession
 Students
 CHANGE IN ICAP's EXAMINATION POLICY
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kamranACA
Partner

Pakistan
2499 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:57:11 AM  Show Profile

Dears

Students have been waiting anxiously for the effectiveness of changs in examination policy by The ICAP. After a great deal of holding the horses, eventually such changes have been published in the Official Gazette on Feb 26, 2010 with the approval of the Federal Government. As per info the official copy of the Gazette has been received at ICAP on March 16, 2010.

Following amendments have finally been made/approved in Examination policy of ICAP:

• At present, the candidates retain a pass in paper(s) if they obtain specified marks in other paper(s) of the same module. Effective from June 01, 2010, a candidate shall retain a pass in paper(s) irrespective of the marks obtained in other papers.

• Effective from Autumn 2010 examinations and onwards, candidates appearing in Module A to D shall be allowed maximum of six attempts for passing each module. An attempt shall be counted even if the candidate is absent or does not appear in any attempt.

• Candidates appearing in Module E and F shall be allowed ten years to qualify both Modules. The period of ten years shall be counted from the first day of the month in which the candidate becomes eligible to appear in Module E for the first time. For all existing candidates who are already eligible for Module E and F examinations, the period of ten years shall be counted from June 01,2010.

I hope this will provide a reply to all those who have been asking the associated questions time and again at the forum as well as at my e-mailing address.

Best of luck to all the students and examination candidates!!!

Regards,

KAMRAN.

yousuf_gatta
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
9 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  12:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Salam

I need to ask one thing. What happens if a student fails to pass Module D in 6 attempts ? Will he be ineligible to become a CA? or he will have to appear in Module A, B, and C again ??
Go to Top of Page

Muhammad Adnan Arshad
Manager

Pakistan
660 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  12:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muhammad Adnan Arshad's Homepage
i think he / she will be ineligible to reappear in any CA (ICAP) exams further ..
Go to Top of Page

kamranACA
Partner

Pakistan
2499 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  12:29:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by yousuf_gatta

Salam

I need to ask one thing. What happens if a student fails to pass Module D in 6 attempts ? Will he be ineligible to become a CA? or he will have to appear in Module A, B, and C again ??

Dear

He/She will definitely have to take a start from the scratch.

Normally people don't find such courage to do so.

However, we have examples where people have historically done so when such limitations were previously imposed by ICAP. I remember a few names who afterwards even succeeded becoming partners in big firms.

So if some one needs to do so, he/she will have to take a fresh start.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Go to Top of Page

Boss
Semi Senior

Pakistan
163 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  12:49:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kamranACA

quote:
Originally posted by yousuf_gatta

Salam

Dear

He/She will definitely have to take a start from the scratch.

Normally people don't find such courage to do so.

However, we have examples where people have historically done so when such limitations were previously imposed by ICAP. I remember a few names who afterwards even succeeded becoming partners in big firms.

So if some one needs to do so, he/she will have to take a fresh start.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

I think, against your statement number 1 where passed paper(s) will remain pass regardless of marks obtained in other papers of the same module(which are yet to be passed even after 6 attempts), retain passed papers will have to be taken afresh of that specific module rather than attempting the papers of other passed modules out of Module A-D afresh. If later is the case, then it seems discouraging.

By the way, this is a good news for ICAP's students.

Edited by - Boss on Mar 26 2010 1:03:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

kamranACA
Partner

Pakistan
2499 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  1:18:24 PM  Show Profile
You can send an inquiry to ICAP; I told you what I understand based upon the practice which existed when such period limitation was earlier on imposed.

Yet, I believe what I wrote is correct.

Regards,
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kamran bhai for the info . This is a positive step taken by ICAP . But i think in CA final students have to attempt all the four papers in module E and F .
Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  2:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
There was a time when reservations were expressed by students that ICAP should disclose its passing criteria, and then 50% was disclosed as passing marks. In my personal observation no difference was felt in practical terms.

Permanent retention of passed exams irrespective of the marks/grades in other papers may seem to be a major change in ICAP's policy and it can be inferred that it will make things easier for the students. However, contrary to any such perception until and unless the Institute decides to increase the number of its members no tangible results will be there for students. Provided the number of successful candidates is far or less similar and the policy is relaxed for everyone, its not going to make any difference at all. There are arguments that such change in policies is to bring the policies of the Institute in-line with other international bodies and the management of the Institute has intentions to increase the number of members to compete with others, any such intention can make things a bit easier.

In my opinion there was no need for the re-introduction of the collapse policies and to the extent I know it may not be there in other international institutes. Failing in any of the subjects of CA Inter for six times and you've to re-appear in whole of the intermediate examination irrespective of the case that you've already passed all 12 other papers! this may be more brutal than any other of the policies and I hope that the particular student has to retake that particular module.
Go to Top of Page

kamranACA
Partner

Pakistan
2499 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  8:02:15 PM  Show Profile

Shoaib

If a person fails to pass a single paper of a module in six attempts; then what should be the recourse?

As per your conclusion he will be allowed to retake his module for seventh time.

If this is true, I wonder how the decision of curtailment of total attempts will make sense.

I don't know what ICAP will finally be coming up with on this matter but I believe this policy means that such candidate will have to start from a scratch if he desires so.

However, I agree that it is bit brutal to close down a way forwrad for struggling candidates; I fear under this scheme attempts will be kept on counted even if candidate will not be appearing for certain number of attempts. This appears bit unfair and students should seek clarification to plan their career beforehand. Required dialogue should be made (even at CASA level) if required.

I personally sent dissenting comments on this proposal but certainly decisions are derived by the mindset of majority.

As far as other institutes of the world are concerned I guess such rules are implemented at other parts of the world as well including ICAEW.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Kamran.
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  8:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Kamran bhai,
1)If one doesn't wish to appear in an attempt(for example March attempt) to kia yeh attempt bhi 6 attempts main count ho gi?
2)Is it mandatory to appear in a module as a whole ya module k selective papers main appear ho sakte hain?(first time attempt kerte waqt)

Edited by - shani420 on Mar 28 2010 8:38:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  04:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
What if a student fails to qualify within the ten years from the date of eligibility of appearing in final exams? Does he need to start again (from scratch I infer right from first module)? Certainly he cannot be made to return the certificates he already possesses i.e. foundation and intermediate or training completion certificate. Yes the case may be re-appearing in all the papers of module E & F including those already passed (according to this no loss to one who hasn't passed a single subject). Similar may be the case with foundation and intermediate students. If a student is not able to pass any of the intermediate paper within the given number of attempts, he need to re-take all papers of inter he has passed (remember he's already been issued foundation certifciate). This seems to be one of the logical interpretation of the policy according to me, though the Institute further needs to clarify this policy.

Another question that becomes pertinent here that what if a student opts for a combined attempt say of module c and d. According to the policy he's available with six attempts per paper i.e. he's to clear whole of two modules with six attempts. Again here another possibility may be that he is allowed for 12 attempts for qualifying all of the papers.

Obviously such policies are drafted after due deliberations and having suggestions from concerned members. However I personally am unable to decipher the motive beyond this policy. How come it's going to improve the standard of education imparted by the Institute. Further, until recently the motives for various policies was to attract more students as they constitute the major source of the Institute's revenue. PPT exemption, only two papers in Module A alongwith comparatively an easy passing criteria etc. may have achieved this objective to some extent. The effects of the current policy appears to be to the contrary.

Edited by - Schuaeb on Mar 29 2010 04:06:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  04:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by shani420

Kamran bhai,
1)If one doesn't wish to appear in an attempt(for example March attempt) to kia yeh attempt bhi 6 attempts main count ho gi?
2)Is it mandatory to appear in a module as a whole ya module k selective papers main appear ho sakte hain?(first time attempt kerte waqt)

The policy specifically states that the attempts whether taken or not in which a candidate is eligible to appear will be counted toward the six or ten attempts.

Taking all the papers of the module at once is not mandatory any more and one can appear in one paper or so. However, according to my personal opinion the strategy of appearing in less than the whole module is not going to work at least for the attempts in near future, therefore in my opinion is not advisable.

I would like to hear what Kamran sb thinks of the situation i.e. not taking the whole module at once, whether it's gonna work. And do this policy makes things easier for the students assuming that the Institute has no intentions to increase its members (as some people say ten thousand till some particular year).
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  08:53:52 AM  Show Profile
[/quote]
As far as other institutes of the world are concerned I guess such rules are implemented at other parts of the world as well including ICAEW.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Kamran.

[/quote]
ICAEW has a rule of maximum 4 attempts per module or paper.But they don't count all those exam sessions as an attempt in which a candidate is eligible to appear.
They consider it an attempt if a candidate applied for assessment,he appeared in exams and exam was completed(whether he attempted question or not is irrelevant).
It is not considered an attempt if
candidate didn't apply for exams even though he was eligible or he remained absent or he appeared but the exam ended due to some uncontrolable reason and could not be marked.
In addition to this a candidate can apply for extra attempts (e.g 5th one) if he has solid grounds and can prove them.
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  09:05:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Schuaeb for ur reply.[/quote]
And do this policy makes things easier for the students assuming that the Institute has no intentions to increase its members (as some people say ten thousand till some particular year).
[/quote]
Is bat ka kya matlab hoa.Do all those candidates who r good enough to cross pass marks thershold r passed or ICAP pre-determine a fix number of candidates to pass and then pass candidates accordingly?
Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  2:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by shani420

Thanks Schuaeb for ur reply.

And do this policy makes things easier for the students assuming that the Institute has no intentions to increase its members (as some people say ten thousand till some particular year).

Is bat ka kya matlab hoa.Do all those candidates who r good enough to cross pass marks thershold r passed or ICAP pre-determine a fix number of candidates to pass and then pass candidates accordingly?

May be not exactly but some rumours like that are there. Plus if the things are really like this it's not that bad as presumed by many. Had there been CAs in market in numbers as is the case with some various other professions, unemployed and lowly paid chartered accountants would have been a common sight.

Edited by - Schuaeb on Mar 29 2010 2:14:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

kamranACA
Partner

Pakistan
2499 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  12:56:54 AM  Show Profile
Shoaib

I appreciate your logic but am still of the view that such policy means that if finals student loses his ten years (or inter student six attempts) he will have to take start afresh and from scratch.

The certificates already issued don't make any issue for two reasons. Firstly you are NOT allowed to write CA Inter or CA Finalist etc with your name. This is ruled out already. If you lose all cards, your CA inter etc will remain uncounted towards any further endeavor. Yes, if you don't get onto it from scratch people may call and accept you as part qualified. (You cannot mention it as a qualification and designation).

Secondly, this is evidenced from previous practice of ICAP when historically such limits were imposed. I know a person who after failing from finals again started from scrath and qualified (from first paper) and afterwards became a partner of one of the big firms.

However, I wish this does not come true and what you are anticipating should be a fact. That's why I said ICAP's clarification is required to sort out this matter. CASA should make an effort, and detailed deliberation should be made.

Shani,

Thanks for detailing ICAEW's practice. However, there is also such a limitation period in force and in vogue.

Regards,

Kamran.
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:26:07 AM  Show Profile
I talked to ICAP Karachi.They said that if a student fails to clear a module in 6 attempts to us k CA INTER tak k baqi pass hoay modules bhi annul ho jaen gay and he would be required to start CA from scratch.
Magar us nay kaha k Un k bare main policy abhi clear nahin hai jin k CA FINAL ka 10 year period lapse ho jae.He said that a detailed explanation of these rules will be issued soon.He could not tell me clearly k aya inko bhi CA scratch say start kerna hoga ya dobara E module say.
He also told that if a student once attempts two modules(e.g A+B) concurrently then he is required to clear BOTH THESE modules in 6 consecutive attempts and not in 12 attempts.
Regards.
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  6:57:26 PM  Show Profile
@shani420

Lets take a example . If a student has passed module A and according to fast track rule that student can give exam of both modules B and C combine . If that student does not give exam of module C in September 2010 attempt but attempts only module B . Will the attempt of module C will be counted or not ?

Do you mean that when the student give his first attempt of any module of CA inter , he has to complete that module in the remaining two and a half years .

Kia student ki kisi aik particular module ki attempt jub se count hona shroo hoo gee jub wo phailee baar os module ke paper dega ??

Edited by - FARHAN123 on Mar 31 2010 7:04:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Im talking only about CA Inter . In other words we can say that there is a time limitation of three years also in each module of CA inter ??

Clarification needed from all seniors on this issue .

Edited by - FARHAN123 on Mar 31 2010 7:06:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Farhan123,
Mujhe to us nay yehi bataya k agar koi fast track say aik bar 2 modules ki attempt ker layta hai(ya register ho k absent hota hai) to phir us k 6 chances count hona start ho jatay hain for both modules so he has to complete both modules in next 5 consecutive attempts.
AAP khud aik bar bat ker lo.Clear ho jae ga.
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:15:04 PM  Show Profile
Dekho Farhan ap ki example k mutabiq A mod to clear hai.
Agar ab student fast track opt kerta hai for B and C.Aur exam k lye register hota hai to 6 attempts count ho gi for both modules.
Agar ap fast track opt nahin kerte aur sirf B mod attempt kerne k lye register hote ho C k lye nahi to pehle 6 attempt B k milain gi aur bad main 6 C K lye.
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  4:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Dear fellows,
I was earlier told by ICAP representative that if one fails to clear a module in 6 attempts then he would be required to start CA from scratch.
But on ICAP website they have written in FAQS that if one fails in 6 attempts then he is not allowed to do CA for ever(untill the policy changes).
http://www.icap.org.pk/web/links/0/faqs.php
Go to Top of Page

kamranACA
Partner

Pakistan
2499 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  12:03:18 AM  Show Profile
I suggest all students who have queries start posting theri questions on this thread and keep on doing so for 15-20 days.

Thereafter, some senior person like Shoaib may consolidate all queries in one comprehensive communication to ICAP.

This will be detailed, comprehensive and represent concerns and inputs from more than one source.

ICAP will provide clarification to such communication and that can be shared here for the benefit of all.

Just a suggestion.

Regards,

Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  03:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
Surely writing to ICAP may be the best means available to get clarifications. And I reckon so far the Institute may have received quite some emails on the subject including mine. We can anticipate that soon clarification of these changes will be provided.

However, the main concern, the fate of students who didn't qualify within the given number of attempts, the link provided by the shani clearly gives the answer without any two meanings. I reproduce the particular question and the answer as given on ICAP's website:

Question: I am a student of Module D. What if I am not able to pass Module D in six attempts? Am I required to redo from Module A or will I be given credit for Foundation?

Answer: As per present policy, you will not be allowed to pursue chartered accountancy in any manner.

Wow! That's a major change in policy, and still wonder why the Institute needed to do it. The question didn't specifically mention about Module E and F, though presumably same is supposed to be true of these as well.

Coming to the point of previously issued certificates, I think the pointed provided by Mr. Kamran is valid that:
quote:
Originally posted by kamranACA

your CA inter etc will remain uncounted towards any further endeavor. Yes, if you don't get onto it from scratch people may call and accept you as part qualified. (You cannot mention it as a qualification and designation).

Part qualified people I don't think need to right about their qualification at any place other than their re'sume', and I think in the absence of any clear cut instructions abstaining from mentioning that, the practice will be acceptable.

Other question that yet are unanswered are the number of attempts for a student going for a combined attempt. According to the policy they are supposed to be six (upto inter) and hopefully clarifications will be available soon. The other question relevant to same scenario is more important that what if a student has attempted two combined modules but onwards due to limited attempts he wants to take modules one by one? May be in this case he will not deemed to be eligible until he passes two papers (i.e. he is promoted to next module as per previous policy).

As soon as I receive I reply from the Institute I will share here.
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  05:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Queries regarding changes in exam policy can be asked from the following email id :

omair.jamal@icap.org.pk
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  05:44:24 AM  Show Profile
In the ICAP FAQ s its written that

The progression rules have not been changed and one has to complete Module A and B before attempting Module C and D. Similarly Module F can be attempted after qualifying at least three papers of Module E.

Does that mean that a student cannot give a combined attempt of Module B and C ???
Go to Top of Page

Tango
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  08:13:13 AM  Show Profile

Hello everyone,

Surely the CHANGE IN EXAM POLICY should be interpreted well as above.
Kamran ACA and all friends are making good discussion on this.
I think the conclusion is that;
if student don't clear Mod-D in six attempts his all previously passed papers/Mods will be cancelled and no market value.

BUT NOW ISSUE IS THAT"
Q:If a student clear CA-Inter, and accomplishes his aritcleship,
And if he do not clear module E or F in prescribed period/attempts,
then is his/her CA-Inter will be cancelled?
What is the status of CA-Inter qualification in the market?
Because CA-Inter and articles completion required almost 5 years,..a
half decade,..?
What ICAP say about the legal practise/job of CA-inter qualified?
Is ICAP issue CA-Inter credentials/certificate?

I have sent mails to ICAP at
omair.jamal@icap.org.pk,ali.jafri@icap.org.pk..

THANKS

Q:If a student clear CA-Inter, and accomplishes his aritcleship,
And if he do not clear module E or F in prescribed period,
then is his/her CA-Inter will be cancelled?
What is the status of CA-Inter qualification in the market
because CA-Inter and articles completion required almost 5 years,..a
half decade,..?
Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  03:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
Tango, instead of speculating on the possible impacts of this policy and explanation by the Institute may provide better solution. So far I've not received any replied. However, I believe nothing in the said policy means cancellation of previously achieved certificates i.e. Foundation, Intermediate and Training, and the same does not seem practicable. In my view the impacts would be that such student will not be allowed to pursue chartered accountancy further. He or she has to rely upon previous achievements. Still nothing can be said in a conclusive manner. Meanwhile we will appreciate if you share ICAP reply with us. One more thing training and inter in most of the cases require more than half of a decade.

Farhan123 it never means that a student cannot attempt module B or C simultaneously.
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  12:06:41 PM  Show Profile
I called ICAP Karachi once again today.The representative told me that if a student fails to clear mod D in 6 attempts then he can start CA from scratch.It is contrary to what is written in Faqs.
He also told me that if 10 year limit to clear CA Mods E/F lapses then the candidate is also ineligible to carry on.Though he can start from scratch.
I also asked him about those ACCA affiliates who initially registered with ICAP and started training but later on left it for ICAEW or some other CA.He told me that their 10 years limit would have started after their eligibility for E mod exams.Ab agar woh CA karain ya chorain unki limit chalti rahegi and it would lapse after 10 years and they would become ineligible for CA.But if they complete ICAEW/others then they can get ICAP membership even after becomining ineligible from ICAP.
@Schuaeb,
Do share the reply from ICAP whenever u get it.It would clear k aya yeh bhai sab nay phone peh ghalt bataya hai ya main Faqs K question ko samjh nahin paya.
Go to Top of Page

zafar
Junior

Pakistan
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  1:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Send zafar an AOL message
Read FAQ uploaded on ICAP web site,
Go to Top of Page

Tango
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  08:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Hello dear fellows,

I have made calls to icap isb/khi,
Isb representative said that he don’t know exactly about new policy (inko pta hona chahiya policies ka).
Icap khi told me to call icap facilitation center khi, I did so, they said that if a candidate can’t pass any mod in six attempts, he is not allow to further continue his CA,
But the previously passed Mods remain passed.
And he is not allowed to again enter in CA from Mod-A”,
I have also mailed to icap,
Icap Reply:
The status of passing CA Inter will stand passed forever.
As per present policy, you will not be allowed to pursue chartered accountancy in any manner after completion of 10 year period. The passing status will remain intected.
Call icap facilitaion center 111000422ext325/318
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  05:13:45 AM  Show Profile
If any one have received any replies from ICAP regarding new exam policy then please share it with us .
Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  03:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
I don't know why didn't they reply me!

The reply Tango shared confirms what I thought the policies to be. They are obviously different from the previous lapse system. And it means even from now permanent credits will remain permanent.

Some other questions that I have are:\
- What will be the maximum number of attempts if a students is appearing in two modules? I presume they will remain six even in this case.
- What will be the status of a student getting registered training on the basis of graduation and runs out of his attempts (six per paper) during his inter? The rules say that he won't be able to continue chartered accountancy further. What impact will be there on his training?

Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  05:35:59 AM  Show Profile
Schuaeb are you sure the training period for students who join firm on the basis of graduation is now reduced to 3.5 years instead of 5 years ??

I also wants to know that whether a student can continue other qualification like MBA, Mcom etc while being training in a firm ??
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  08:36:07 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FARHAN123

Schuaeb are you sure the training period for students who join firm on the basis of graduation is now reduced to 3.5 years instead of 5 years ??

I also wants to know that whether a student can continue other qualification like MBA, Mcom etc while being training in a firm ??

Farhan,
Now training period is 3 years for everyone(irresptective of whether they start it after CA inte,ACCA,graduation,pipfa etc).
If the student completes all CA papers(20) within 3 years , his training ends at 3 years.
But if he couldn't complete his papers in 3 years training period then his training is increased by 6 months(so total 3.5 years training).
Go to Top of Page

Schuaeb
Partner

1119 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  3:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Schuaeb an ICQ Message
quote:

100% and it's been like that since last quarter of 2008. The training infact is of 3 years that is increased by a further six months if a students is unable to qualify completely during his training as Shani said.
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  11:08:58 PM  Show Profile
How one can complete his CA in just 3 years ??

It takes minimum of 5 years if one passes all the papers in 1st attempt. Even if some one opt for fast track then 1 year for CA Inter and 3 years for final(it takes 1.5 years for giving Module E exams after joining firm) . It will be of 4 years then .

What ever !!

Please also tell whether a student can continue other qualification like MBA, Mcom etc while being training in a firm ??
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  12:05:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:

How one can complete his CA in just 3 years ??

It takes minimum of 5 years if one passes all the papers in 1st attempt. Even if some one opt for fast track then 1 year for CA Inter and 3 years for final(it takes 1.5 years for giving Module E exams after joining firm) . It will be of 4 years then .

What ever !!

Please also tell whether a student can continue other qualification like MBA, Mcom etc while being training in a firm ??

Farhan bhai,
pora CA 3 years main complete nahin kerna yar.U have to complete remaining papers of CA after starting training.
Agar ap ACCA/CA inter k bad article start karo to 3 sal main E/F Mod agar pass ho gia to training khatam warna 6 months increase ho gi.
Agar Bcom k bad training start ki hai to 20 papers(agar exemption nahin mili) 3 sal main kerne honge warna training 6 months increase hogi.After Bcom u can logically(difficult in reality) complete CA in 3 years if u start training.With fast track one should complete CA inter in first 1.5 year portion of training and complete E/F Mods in last 1.5 year portion of training.
Go to Top of Page

mazharje
Junior

Pakistan
75 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  06:53:00 AM  Show Profile
3 saal ki kahani kis ne daali hai,if u can pass e mod in Ist attempt and also F in Ist attempt then your articles will end after 3 years.
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  4:56:58 PM  Show Profile
THanx shani but my second question is still unanswered now that whether a student can continue other qualification like MBA, Mcom etc while being training in a firm ??
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  5:07:17 PM  Show Profile
@mazharji,
U r right brother.
@Farhan,
I don't know about this.Schuaeb or someone else can explain.But I know a friend who is doing articleship in a good firm(but not big 4) as a graduate trainee and also doing MCOM from an affiliated college of a govt. uni as a regular student(class timings r 6 pm to 8:30 pm).He doesn't take classes per attendance lag jati hai.

Edited by - shani420 on Apr 17 2010 5:13:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile
@shani
The chances of inducting in big 4 for me is very few now for being a late MFC . Will it be beneficial for me to complete CA Inter first or I should start articles on the basis of Bcom and try to pass papers as much as I can ??
Go to Top of Page

shani420
Semi Senior

Pakistan
286 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  11:38:50 AM  Show Profile
@Farhan
aap ko is bare main seniors behter guide ker sakte hain.Maine to ACCA kya hai is lye CA k bare main kuch keh nahin sakta.
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  6:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

Tango
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  09:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi farhan,
After qualifying pipfa, only eight papers have to be cleared for MBA, see pipfa regulations,
Go to Top of Page

FARHAN123
Semi Senior

Pakistan
201 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:33:26 AM  Show Profile
@Tango

Which university is offering such exemption for doing PIPFA ?? KIndly give me the link . I have searched pipfa website and found nothing there about the exemptions in MBA
Go to Top of Page

aamalik
Semi Senior

Pakistan
203 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  10:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit aamalik's Homepage
Overall, a wonderful change... even though much will not change bt vil make system fairer
Go to Top of Page

Tango
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  07:57:52 AM  Show Profile
quote:

@Tango

Which university is offering such exemption for doing PIPFA ?? KIndly give me the link . I have searched pipfa website and found nothing there about the exemptions in MBA

Hi farhan,
i hav read the exemption policy of pipfa from''carrier plan 2008.pdf''
1.15 EXEMPTIONS TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Following professional academic bodies at domestic and international level grant exemptions
to PIPFA’s professionals:
 ICAP: 5 Papers of Modules A & B, coaching of Modules C & D is exempted. Entry Test
upon successful completion of all the Examinations of PIPFA passed through Corporate
Stream, students shall have to appear in the examinations only.
 ICMAP: 7 Papers of stage I, II & III upon PIPFA membership & exemption from Entry Test
on qualifying PIPFA up to Intermediate Level Examination.
 CIMA, UK: 4 papers (3 of Certificate Level plus 1 of Managerial Level).
 ACCA, UK: also grants exemptions to PIPFA qualified of two papers F-2 & F-3.
 ICS&M: 8 Papers of Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Managers.
 ICSP: 4 Papers of Institute of Corporate Secretaries of Pakistan (ICSP).
 University of Central Punjab – Lahore: All papers of BBA (Hons.) Accounting & Finance
(only research thesis to be submitted by PIPFA’s fully qualified)
 PAF KIET: 8 papers in their MBA (Finance & Accounting) program which will enable the
students to earn MBA degree in 1 ½ year only.
 Williams College London: PIPFA’s Foundation Level students get entry in 2nd year of any
undergraduate degree program; PIPFA’s Intermediate Level students get entry in Final
Year of any undergraduate degree program Students of Final Level with 3 years work
experience get entry in any masters degree program.
 PIMSAT: 7 papers in BBA to PIPFA Foundation Level qualified students, 10 papers in
BBA to PIPFA Intermediate Level qualified students and 14 papers in BBA to PIPFA Final
Level qualified students
Go to Top of Page

login2000me
Unregistered Trainee

Pakistan
27 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  11:54:13 PM  Show Profile
taken from ICAP website
link is
http://www.icap.org.pk/web/links/0/faqs.php

Question:
I am a student of Module D. What if I am not able to pass Module D in six attempts? Am I required to redo from Module A or will I be given credit for Foundation?

Answer:
As per present policy, you will not be allowed to pursue chartered accountancy in any manner.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Advertisements

Follow Accountancy on TwitterFollow Accountancy on Facebook

New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Advertisement(s)
Accountancy Forum © 2002 - 2010 Accountancy Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000