Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Audit or advisory ( Kamran bhai help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have join E&Y today and have been placed in Advisory departement, i was hearing rumors that the career prospects fro advisory are not as bright as for students who have done their articiles in Audit.and there are also no chances for jobs abroad, Kamran bhai and other seniors please advice whether it is fact and should i try to change my department?
Advisory at a big 4 is not a bad choice and department to work at and to make a career. However, I have always been of the view that audit learning is extremely essential for CA students. If you have a chance to spend around 2 years in audit and rest in advisory, it would be a good mix.

Jobs for advisory are not scarce when compared to audit/accounts. You only have to come up with a handful of exposure. So, whatever you learn or do, excellence is the requirement.

Regards,
Hi,
I'm an ACCA student doing my last Professional papers this Dec. I'm currently 28 years old. By the Grace of Allah I've cleared all my exams up till now in first attempt. A friend of mine told me that even though i have completed all my ACCA exams in first attempt, my age (being 28) is not a plus point for my induction in Big 4 firms. Is that true? Btw i dont look 28 years old, i look much younger P

I'm really worried after i've heard this coz i've studied too hard for my degree and at the end some 1 comes up and tells me that i'm over age for Induction in Big 4 Audit firms (

Some 1 plz tell me the truth.