Accountancy Forum

Full Version: UAE Job Market: Ask your Queries Here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DxB.Raf</i>
By import and export i am guessing you are referring to logistics. My company itself is a manufacturing and trading company. We are actively involved in buying equipments from Germany, USA etc and selling it in Gulf countries including IRAQ and south Asia including Pakistan. Most of our orders exceed 5 million USD. The logistics guys are basically involved in LC, delivery, port issues, customs, chamber of commerce etc. Finance people do regularly cordinate with logistics department.

There are many trading companies in UAE with small to large logistics department. These jobs do not require any particular qualification. Most of the logistics guys at my company are BCOM and MCOM. The point is the kno how of regulations. I mean can you handle a shipment from germany which will be landed at Dubai Port and then shipped again to the customer in IRAQ or Pakistan. Thats the technical know how required. However, of course you can get an entry level job in logistics where you start fresh. Unfortunately i do not have a solid idea of these kind of jobs and the current market for them. I can confirm you that these jobs are available. You can go to gulf news job section and look for LOGISTICS positions. The only problem with logistics is that the banking and federal regulations on import export varies in every country. So you might be an expert logistics guy in Pakistan but might know very less of what goes in UAE.

Salary would range anything in between 6k - 12k. Depending on experience and company size mostly.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear DxB.Raf

Thanks a lot for these amazing suggestions.. I will definitely try my best to make myself capable of doing all these task of logistic, independently .. Just a last query which is unbelievable that the salary range u mentioned ... Kindly ensure me that i could really get 6k minimum ? .. it is quite surprising coz its above my expectations..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasan9900</i>
<br />Shaan bhai
As you have read earlier. My cousin is in UAE these days working as an acca. I'll definetly ask him about your queries if you like.

so nice of you, hasan bhai.. I m waiting to get ur cousin's views .. i appreciate ur intentions of favoring me .. Thanks alot ..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasan9900</i>
<br />None taken DxB.Raf I was just trying to help since im in touch with my cousin alot. Why would i lie about it? Its not like im getting paid to lie to people on this forum! S Im not trying to be rude in any way though an would love to have your comments and advice on my thread )P.s I'd suggest this thread to my cousin

My dear friend, i am quiet sure that you are not lieing. All i recommend is to post first hand information. Yes i am following your thread.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shaan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DxB.Raf</i>
By import and export i am guessing you are referring to logistics. My company itself is a manufacturing and trading company. We are actively involved in buying equipments from Germany, USA etc and selling it in Gulf countries including IRAQ and south Asia including Pakistan. Most of our orders exceed 5 million USD. The logistics guys are basically involved in LC, delivery, port issues, customs, chamber of commerce etc. Finance people do regularly cordinate with logistics department.

There are many trading companies in UAE with small to large logistics department. These jobs do not require any particular qualification. Most of the logistics guys at my company are BCOM and MCOM. The point is the kno how of regulations. I mean can you handle a shipment from germany which will be landed at Dubai Port and then shipped again to the customer in IRAQ or Pakistan. Thats the technical know how required. However, of course you can get an entry level job in logistics where you start fresh. Unfortunately i do not have a solid idea of these kind of jobs and the current market for them. I can confirm you that these jobs are available. You can go to gulf news job section and look for LOGISTICS positions. The only problem with logistics is that the banking and federal regulations on import export varies in every country. So you might be an expert logistics guy in Pakistan but might know very less of what goes in UAE.

Salary would range anything in between 6k - 12k. Depending on experience and company size mostly.

Dear DxB.Raf

Thanks a lot for these amazing suggestions.. I will definitely try my best to make myself capable of doing all these task of logistic, independently .. Just a last query which is unbelievable that the salary range u mentioned ... Kindly ensure me that i could really get 6k minimum ? .. it is quite surprising coz its above my expectations..

I feel 6k is a gettable salary. If the company is small it might just pay you 4k. As i said it would depend on company size and the size of their trade operations. Without any experience it is still hard to get an interview call.

I would suggest you to google trading regulations in UAE. You can get most of the thoritical information on internet such as proceedures, documents, departments involved etc. This way you may get the book knowledge which will help you during interviews. Knowing nothing would take you no where.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DxB.Raf</i>
<br />
I feel 6k is a gettable salary. If the company is small it might just pay you 4k. As i said it would depend on company size and the size of their trade operations. Without any experience it is still hard to get an interview call.

I would suggest you to google trading regulations in UAE. You can get most of the thoritical information on internet such as proceedures, documents, departments involved etc. This way you may get the book knowledge which will help you during interviews. Knowing nothing would take you no where.

Alright Sir .. I agreed ur point and I will definitely move in UAE with maximum knowledge and certifications .. I have to further stay here around two yrs or could be more to become professional .. Thanks alot... I will keep in touch wid u ..
hlw DXB! i have cleared my 9 papers of ACCA and i want to go abroad for bright future. is UAE will b best for ACCA? if yes then when i should go there? after complete my ACCA or during ACCA? if i do my experience in PAK then which firms will be suitable means big4 or any firm just to fulfil this formality for gaining a job in UAE? plz tell me all these things in details.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aliraza947</i>
<br />hlw DXB! i have cleared my 9 papers of ACCA and i want to go abroad for bright future. is UAE will b best for ACCA? if yes then when i should go there? after complete my ACCA or during ACCA? if i do my experience in PAK then which firms will be suitable means big4 or any firm just to fulfil this formality for gaining a job in UAE? plz tell me all these things in details.

You should come after completing ACCA. Also complete your BSC from OBU. I prefer getting membership before moving.

In pak ANY BIG4 experience is fully recognized in UAE in both firms and industry. There are many Pak qualified professionals working here in Big4 up to the highest levels.

Without experience you might give a shot to the BIG4 firms in UAE who hire fresh grads. Chances, however, are very grim. Pak Big4s are the best places to get your initial training experience from. The exposure is totally worth it.

HEY DxB.RAF
Much Much Thanx to you , for ur such a commitment to answer these queries.
well sir i am ACCA affiliate with 1.5 months of expreinece from packages limited though very little expreinece , well now i wanna to move in UAE ,
QUESTIONS
where i should move DUBAI & UAE ?
SIR ACCA affiliate in BIG 4 FIRM what he would earn?
ACCA AFFILIATE in industry wht would he earn ?
what is easiest way to get JOB in both industry and BIG FOUR FIRM?
WHEN they hire ,i mean timing?
@DxB.RAF

First of all, Thank you very much for giving your precious time to this forum. I know the significance of BIG4 firms experience. However, there are some other famous firms that have strong presence everywhere including Middle East. For example, BDO, RSMi, Grant Thornton International etc. So how do you see such individuals in UAE (who gained experience from one of the above mentioned firms)?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skhan01</i>
<br />HEY DxB.RAF
Much Much Thanx to you , for ur such a commitment to answer these queries.
well sir i am ACCA affiliate with 1.5 months of expreinece from packages limited though very little expreinece , well now i wanna to move in UAE ,
QUESTIONS
where i should move DUBAI & UAE ?
SIR ACCA affiliate in BIG 4 FIRM what he would earn?
ACCA AFFILIATE in industry wht would he earn ?
what is easiest way to get JOB in both industry and BIG FOUR FIRM?
WHEN they hire ,i mean timing?

You are welcome.

ACCA affiliate with no experience/ Fresh Grad starts with 7-8k AED in BIG4s as associate. This starting salary for associates is almost fixed like stipends in Pakistan. No room for negotiations and you won't be paid less than this i can assure you.

In industry, most fresh grads start as trainees and get paid somewhere around 3k-6k. You would be lucky to find a job in industry with no experience. Teh concept of training is not very popular in industry in UAE.

The easiest way to get a a job is to write an attractive CV, polish your communication skills and visit UAE for job hunting. Apply through job sites. Employers no longer encourage walk in cv.

The best time to get hired is right now. After Aug upto Dec. Last quarter of the year witness significant hiring in Big4s.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lost</i>
<br />@DxB.RAF

First of all, Thank you very much for giving your precious time to this forum. I know the significance of BIG4 firms experience. However, there are some other famous firms that have strong presence everywhere including Middle East. For example, BDO, RSMi, Grant Thornton International etc. So how do you see such individuals in UAE (who gained experience from one of the above mentioned firms)?

You are welcome.

Big4 experience holds weight and is credible in the sense that all BIG4s have international presence. Your experience is verifiable and acredited. During my interviews i never used the local name of the Big4 i trained in. I simply used the BIG4 name.

Obviously, other firms do have their mark in UAE. GT is usually considered immediately after BIG4s. BDO and RSMI are considered ok. Nothing special in it.

Every employer benchmarks the quality of the past experience based on their own standards. So even if you are not from the BIG4, no need to get depressed. I am quiet sure that people will still get interviews. At the of the day everything depends on the interview itself and your confidence.

Aoa
I just came back from uk after doing my 11 acca exams now attempting my last exams p1 p4 p7 in dec 2011 after which i wanna move to dubai please tell me about the emplyment oppurtunities in uae as i have no experience in audit field so it would be worthwhile to move there or not thank you
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zakhan</i>
<br />Aoa
I just came back from uk after doing my 11 acca exams now attempting my last exams p1 p4 p7 in dec 2011 after which i wanna move to dubai please tell me about the emplyment oppurtunities in uae as i have no experience in audit field so it would be worthwhile to move there or not thank you

Your query has already been answered in this thread. Please read from top.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zakhan</i>
<br />Aoa

hey zakhan could u tell how is situation for ACCA Affiliate in UK . What is stipend for ACCA trainee AND for ACA trainee
Thanx in Advance
Salaam DxB.Raf

You've been very helpful for people like me looking for some sincere input. Here I want some guidelines from you regarding my career which seems stuck at the moment. Here is my story;

I did B.Com in 2003 and working since then. Now I'm 29 and working as finance manager in a travel company in pak and earn around pkr 50k. I've been doing ACCA since 2006 and still 6 papers short in becoming an affiliate. my problem is that there is not much growth in industry i'm working right now. I want to move on u know. my options are

1) I can find a similar job in UAE and complete ACCA meanwhile in DXB and then switch field but I don't know if it would possible at that time or not.
2) Keep working in Pak at same place and after ACCA do some Big4 training, but then the problem would be to provide for my family as u know they don't pay much and I don't have experience of multi national company.

You can guide me on what path i should choose to be where i want to. I don't want to get stuck and waste my potential. Please help !!!
And !!!
What about age factor. Am I too old to change my industry or trade.
Dear Dxb.Raf
Is it beneficial for me if I passed my MBA from Any university in Pak or it should be specific one which is recognized in UAE?? i heard that Iqra University is one of them or Could you name other universities which are recognized in UAE?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9