Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Resolution on 57th Independance day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I happened to watch a TV show on a Dubai based Pakistani channel, yesterday the 14th of August,hosted by the erstwhile Dr. Shahid. I have always been a dedicated fan of the learned Doctor, especially after his "End of times" series.

Anyways coming to the point. In the said show, apart from asking people what they thought about Independence he made every one take up a new resolution,.. anything that would make our beloved country greater. One of the resolutions that really touched my heart was to do something about education.

Although educating the masses is not the only way to a greater Pakistan, it is however one of the most effective.

That brings us in, most of us on this group are employed professionals I think if each one of us takes the responsibility of educating one child, just one child either by your time or money, it will go a long way.

There are hundred and thousands of chariatable education institutes litered all over the country, all we have to do is seek and play our role. When u research in more, you will find out that it doesn't even cost much. Think of it as so many rupees per day. It will however, make a huge difference to that one child whom you put into school.

For those who are still students, and cannot afford to pay could contribute in kind.

May Allah give us the "Tawfeeq" to put this to practice.

Dear Pracs

great idea and i am ON for it. search for the appropriate charity is a bit difficult and i would request u to suggest the name and payment details where WE can contribute for this cause.

kind regards

Azeem

hello thre
about the independence day well I dont think anything like some charity or money donation would help us.... Our country has been given billionaires and they do contribute a lot... but it ends up in the pockets of the politicians..
we need a proper system and its implementation.... In a country basic needs must be provided by the government but in pakistan basic needs are not for basic people.
Since 57 years we still are fighting on skools...provinces....quota.... guys grow up...lets be sincere..

Moreover I would like to draw your attention to that End Of Times program...No doubt that program was really good and i admire that person too but infact that program was copied from a US documentary....
We need people who are sincere to their self...we need people who should focus their lives according to Islam..and if they do it ur nation goes up.....coz our religion teaches us Halal way of earning.
thanks...

Muqtader Abbas Shah
Well, azeem I am not sure who to contribute to, but i will try to research a bit, meanwhile if any of our friends on the forum can suggest some kind of a charity I am sure a lot of people would be happy to follow suit including myself.

Lets try to make a little difference.

Muqtader,

what you are looking for is an Utopia,.. that my friend is not going to happen, this region (what is Pakistan today) has never had a revolution,.. even in the bleakest of times. I for one thought on those lines too... but lets wake up to the reality.. lets try getting our numbers right first.. more literacy never hurt any one.. we could turn from worst to bad.. lets make some kind of a start.

For a truely islamic society too, u need a literate nation to start with. I think we are good enough muslims.. in our personal lives.. perhaps we could extend this to society as well.

I for one am looking at the Malaysian model,.. even to what has happened across the border...

hi there pracs...
well i definately agree to your views that literacy is a positive approach...but whats your view on such literacy in which we are taught a crow who was thirsty and still is since 20 years..
our syllabus of paksitan remains outdated...
pakistan to me since 57 years has remained a place to eat for all ) one who governs controls and eats..
I do agree ur views but mate look up how candidates appear in the examinations in paksitan...open book exams D
anyways to take pakistan in a positive way is no one man show. well at present pakistan thanks to musharraf that it is heading to a positive way but still people cry.. i agree everyone has pros and cons but still you have to accept the good something does...
the fact is that we pakistaniz need a second hitler...simple and straight...coz pakistaniz deserve this...)

Dear Muqtader

i appreciate ur comments on this forum, u highlighted the need for a DICTATOR for pakistanis. i still failed to know HOW is it stopping anyone to take the FIRST right step. u said it can't be done by ONE man and then mentioned the need for a Hitler The Second. if you and i can't change it then No Hitler No Musharraf No XYZ can change it.
we have to change ourselves first and take the initiative, and that will be a successful starting point. i acknowledge the necessity of power to undertake massive change but such changes DONOT happen overnight.

being an arm chair critic is the easiest thing to do, we should think positively to bring a positive environment, i know pakistani education system is crap - everybody knows it and critice but did anyone of us suggessted any alternative........i guess NO.....we are not bothered!!!

i believe one step taken in the right direction will reduce ur journey to ut destination.

Kind Regards

Azeem

I'd like to comment on what azeem and muqtadar said, later. Here is the website of such a charity

www.thecitizensfoundation.org

their mission statement is
To promote mass-scale quality education at the primary and secondary levels in an environment that encourages intellectual, moral and spiritual growth.

a brief note on what they are doing

"Briefly speaking it just take AED 1 (Rs. 15, Sterling pounds 0.15)per day to take care of one child's education for one day. The donations made to TCF are deductible expense for your tax in UK and USA and I think in Pakistan as well.

This year April we opened 40 more schools and have reached the tally of 190 schools of which 28 would be working in two shifts so operationally it will be 218 schools. By April 2005 we would open another 50 schools inshalah and this year we would penetrate into NWFP and Baluchistan for the first time as well. Three schools are being build in Nowshera as we speak."

MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Edited by - pracs on Aug 18 2004 30936 PM
thanx pracs....

i shall have a look
will appreciate ur comments

regards

azeem

Muqtadar,

I noticed that you are a resident in the UAE, so i know I am talking to a guy who has enough exposure of the outside world. UAE is one place where you get to work with a whole range of people coming in from different places. That for the least may have you realised how backward we as a nation are when it comes to education ! Buddy just think over it and get back to me. Half a loaf is better than no bread, some kind of an education is better than no education at all. Don't go about being like the last Queen of France.... you want to feed people with cake when they can't even afford stale bread. Well that Queen was beheaded !

'Musharaf is doing a good job', that my friend is your opinion, there will be people who may not agree with you. You need to respect that, this is what education teaches you - tolerance. Something terribly missing from our society and our great nation.

hi pracs

good sense of humour, perhaps you should leave accountancy and start writing humour )

oh yes i agree with ur comments

azeem

Nice to be appreciated Azeem... well if I wasn't born in a third world country I wouldn't be an accountant, that's for sure. There is education for the soul and education for life..)

Very well said pracha sahib!

if i hadnt been an accountant, i swear that i wouldve been either an astronomer or a historian!

azeem

Please make a contribution here by listing your favourite charity that helps educate children.

Pages: 1 2