Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Zulfiqar Ahmad & Co Chartered Accountants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I needed some advice about this firm. I just gave an interview here and I believe that I will be selected here as an ACCA trainee. Its a new firm established and registered with ICAP in 2007. Its also a silver status ACCA approved training employer.

It is also providing media audit services to advertisement companies and several other innovative and IT related accounting services which only a few firms are providing, along with the traditional services that all CA firms provide such as external audit etc.

Website http//za-company.com

I still have to attempt my last final ACCA exam in Dec 2011. If I qualify I might try my luck at the big 4. But the problem is that its going to take at least 6-7 months for their recruitment procedures to finish and there is no guarantee that I will be selected.

But if I join ZACO right now I will be able to save time and achieve my ACCA membership quickly. So what is the advice of seniors regarding this matter considering the future prospects and implications of each decision?

Regards Tag Cloud Tank Top
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wrathofheaven1</i>
<br />Hi,
I needed some advice about this firm. I just gave an interview here and I believe that I will be selected here as an ACCA trainee. Its a new firm established and registered with ICAP in 2007. Its also a silver status ACCA approved training employer.

It is also providing media audit services to advertisement companies and several other innovative and IT related accounting services which only a few firms are providing, along with the traditional services that all CA firms provide such as external audit etc.

Website http//za-company.com

I still have to attempt my last final ACCA exam in Dec 2011. If I qualify I might try my luck at the big 4. But the problem is that its going to take at least 6-7 months for their recruitment procedures to finish and there is no guarantee that I will be selected.

But if I join ZACO right now I will be able to save time and achieve my ACCA membership quickly. So what is the advice of seniors regarding this matter considering the future prospects and implications of each decision?

Regards Tag Cloud Tank Top
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What is this?

As per last info provided by you, you were at UAE at some very elegant job, and perhaps had have worked with some Big4 as well.
HAHAHA....please search again, you are probably talking about someone else.
[p][D]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wrathofheaven1</i>
<br />HAHAHA....please search again, you are probably talking about someone else.
[p][D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

At once reaction "PLEASE SEARCH AGAIN" tells what is what ) There is always an option to edit or delete the posts, so the one who has done so, will abruptly say, "search again". )

Anyway, I need not to search. This affirmation is enough.

kamran bhai.. we all know that there are people on this forum who have either multiple ids or portray themselves as someone they are not. it is highly unfortunate that people do this just to ensure that their point of view gains more acceptance rather than building a logical, serious minded debate on any topic. This is something we cant do anything about but a sharp memory like yours always helps. i guess i need some badaams too )
)
Pathetic
Yes, everyone who commits the things pointed out by arsenal.gooner! )
I am talking about how low people like you have taken these forums to. Truly, like no other. Thats pathetic.
This clarifies why the "fate" keep the frustrated minds like you always struggling and feeling so down. You can't help it.
honourable members plz give your peceptions about this topic..
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26606
haha I agree with Wrath dude. He has come under fire for something he hasn't done ) Unfortunately, no one helped him out.
If you go for less than big4. You're gonna end up with a 25,000 job ) and mentally retarded by incompetent partners and managers of such firms. Your "skills" would include stock taking, cash counting, typing, arranging files in the store, book keeping! and a lot more. Like in Anjum Asim and Avais Hyder..guys with cars provide free driving services to relatives of partners. LOL.

I'm giving you a reality check.
@usmankhalid
Thank you for your comment and Help )

I have worked in Sarwar Awan & Co Chartered Accountants for 6 months. These are exactly the kind of things I did and heard about from all the seniors there; the expectation of 25k salary after 3 years of this rubbish exploiting nonsense.

Could you please clarify why so many ACCAs are going for articles from these firms? Why don't they just go for the industry?

Also what would you suggest I do after becoming ACCA affiliate(hopefully this December)?

I will be getting the OBU degree in March 2012 and I also have 10 exemptions from ICAEW as an independent student. Currently I plan to move to UK for ICAEW articles in any audit firm there. I also have UAE in mind. Do you have any ideas about my prospect over there?

It would be of great help if you could suggest a strategy from your experience.

Regards,
Muhammad Faisal Murad

@wrath

ACCA should only join an audit firm if its a big4. otherwise, should go straight in the industry..

this is my point of view.

Rgds
Pages: 1 2