Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Questions about CA and ACCA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i am a student of 12th standard being optimistic i think of my future . i want to see myse4lf as a chartered accountant now the problems need to be answered are
a.which degree is more appropriate ca or acca
b.what is duration of each course.
c.what is the fees structure
d.procedure of applying in a reputed uni.
e should i do it from england or pakistan
f.which is the most reputed uni
i would be thankful to the one replying me . and again thanking him/her

komalanjum
If you talk of Pakistan only CA is better than ACCA currently. But doing ACCA is a better route to doing CA because you save one year in articles, you get a globally recognized qualification, you are not stuck in the middle of the road if you cannot complete the ICAP exams and you get a Bsc in Accounting from a good British University. The only prblem in this approach is that it costs a lot greater (because pounds are involved!). You can complete ACCA in a minimum of 2 years plus there is a training requirement of 3 years to obtain membership. If you go CA directly it will take a minimum of 6 years to complete including the training. In ACCA you can start your training during or even before starting ACCA while in CA you have to wait for atleast 2 years after you start it. There is no strict requirement for getting into any ACCA or CA institute. Tabanis is good for CA while CAMS is good for ACCA. The fee structure for both you can find on their websites.

Somebody stop me!
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
you get a Bsc in Accounting from a good British University.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Oxford Brookes University, however, has very low reputation in the UK job market. It look like the story on otherside of world is bit different.

If somebody can invest some money for future benefit I would recommend studying from a good institution a BSc. in Accounting and Finance. Some Bsc. programmes allow you to get some exemptions from professional body exams.

Good Luck!!

Derivetrader can you please elaborate your statement? Why do you say it has a bad reputation when its overall and especially MBA(21)rankings are good?

Somebody stop me!
Well if u are under 20 or 21 age

a) if u have money
complete ACCA
go for good CA firm

after 12th grade

2 yrs acca (u can start acca only if u are over 21(or 23) or A levels this may be a prob if u are grade 12th ..u may then start CAT now, get exemptions from ACCA. complete ACCA) and then 3 years CA (with training)

b) If u are short of money
complete modules after 12th grade
find good firm

2 years modules + 4 years training...

Bye

Miss KOmal........

Keep ur british education continue... do ur A levels as well then after the door of the world top leading institute of chartered & management accoutnants of uk, are open for u.......yes i m talking about Chartered accoutnants of engalnd & wales..& CIMA.........they are going to be merged /consolidated........the fact will be clear in near future...Definetely they will provide exemptions to each others in most of the papers after consolidations.........it is confimed news.....after A level do ur CIMA.............papers r conducted in pakistan......then after u can go Uk to finish ur CA of england from ICAEW..exemptions will be given to u...

ICAEW is not possible to do from pakistan .....after CIMA the way opens .........if u do not complete cA engalnd then u will be exempted in ACMA, Pak 100% , SMA canada(100%) CMA USA(50%), CPA(Australia) 90%...i think atleast more then 50% u will be exempted in ICAEW......& every body knows both the institutes(CIMA &ICAEW) are on the top in the world... ...."When these two institues names will be with u then u dont need to do pak CA...becoz (CIMA & ICAEW ka name hi kaafi hay"................
CIMA is not expensive....as such ..& certain...These two r the bodies that set up accounting standards in the world......do research & guide others........

Regards,

Kh. Ehrar Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA,M.A(Eco),
CIMA(Inter)-IBP,Stage-I
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Derivetrader can you please elaborate your statement? Why do you say it has a bad reputation when its overall and especially MBA(21)rankings are good?

Somebody stop me!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

According to the Daily Times, Oxford Brookes University has ranking 51 in undergraduate programmes. I don't know what statistics you are using that suggest this university has 'good' reputation. Also, in my earlier opinion I never said that Oxford Brookes has 'bad' reputation. I just said that it a low reputation amongst its competitors.

I didn't quite understand your point about MBA(21) ranking? What does that mean?

DT

I meant it has a 21 rank for MBA programmes.

Somebody stop me!
I meant it has a 21 rank for MBA programmes.

Somebody stop me!

Top firms don't go that low to get their employees.

well being a grad of ox brookes i agree with DT that OBU is not a highly ranked

Its only that its best ranked in New Univ thats all

i disagree with DT and XBRL.

i m not an OBU grad as it is not important for me to have a bachelors degree.

as far as its ranking is concerned recent publication from Daily Times only showed one aspect of the ranking, i would advice DT to look at the Education Section of The Independant where they ranked universities in different categories viz Education Statndard, Graduate Market etc. It was a surprise for me to see OBU among the top 15 universities under Graduate Market Catgeory.

unfortunately i have lost that magazine but i m sure by searching over the web it wont be difficult to get.

i agree that top firms usually look at the top 10 unis under the Education Standard Category.

Regards

azeem

As far as I see these league tables they don't make much of a story. Some papers favour some unis while others tell you a totally other side of the coin.

At the end of the day it's upon the recruitment policy of employers that makes the biggest impact. For instance, I know some i-banks in London who only recruit students from handful amount of unis (not necessarily top 5 or top 10 - a weird selection of unis). I'm sorry but neither can I name those banks nor can I give some hints on the unis - atleast on the public forum.

On the other hand, some consultancies, mainly strategic and management, only recruit from Oxbridge and LSE. Perhaps unbelievable but absolutely true.

Anyways, having said the above, I have no intentions to discuss this topic further.

RGDS
DT

agreed

azeem

i think CA is the best and best
No. 1 C.A
No.2 ACMA
No.3 ACCA
Pages: 1 2