Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Management infotmation system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
salaam
I m student of CMA f2 and i have a question about commonalities and difference between security and integration of information system?

sana
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
salaam
I m student of CMA f2 and i have a question about commonalities and difference between security and integration of information system?

sana
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

It looks like that you are really in a hurry......

hi sana..
r u the daughter of MR IQBAL JAFERY
who is in SBS
bye

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.
Integration of Information System means to make different module talk to each others seamlessly. Security is a different topic. We may say that threats increase after integration but security can be easy and centralized on integration.
It will be easy to answer if the question is more specific
Atique

hay Mr ali4u , ,mind your language ok.....

Edited by - Ali Akbar on Oct 09 2004 31606 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hay Mr ali4u , ,mind your language ok.....

Edited by - Ali Akbar on Oct 09 2004 31606 PM ( what did you wrote befor editing)
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

peace friends and dont be 'jazbati', there is no such big thing in asking a question about one's father

hi sana

although u raised ur query under the correct folder but unfortunately most members donot visit this folder very often.

i m sure if u aske this question under GENERAL DISCUSSION folder u will be able to fetch more replies.

how is ICMAP now a days - r u in KARACHI campus, its been long i left it.

azeem

ATTN Ali Akbar

i dont see any problem asking father's name......one shouldn't be so rude

azeem

hay Mr....the problem was not, asking about the father's name, but the problem is that, you can see in his message that he mentioned that CAs are trained in such a that they are not for solving problems, but they are for creating problems... what does that mean?...action can be taken against him by ICAP!

oh!!! ic u didnt like that bit!

now thats what he thinks, he may be wrong, if u dont agree with him then have debate with him - just dont shun him like that.

ICAP cant take any action against him unless he is a member of it.

azeem

AOA
Dear Sana Jafari,
i belive the question u asked is rightly answered by Mr.Atique. By integration we mean that one module (part of the software) can access and use the information provided by other module automatically. Or in other words the out put of one module can be partially or totally the input for other module is called integration. The integration is not only in between the different modules of same software but can be among different software’s as well. On the other hand security is some thing, which is related to security issues of the modules of software. This mainly include the wrong flow of information or unauthorized use of the information, tempering with the system etc.

Thanks and Regards
Salman Shehzad
Lecturer.
Mohammad Ali Jinnah University,
Islamabad Campus
salman@jinnah.edu.pk

Miss Sana...

The answer is very clear as given above........both are very very different things.......Go in ICMAP library & read the topic networking in study text of CISA manual of P-IV to find more about integration & security is a general topic..u can read from any course book or MIS of Charles parker.........U will find more clear answer about that........

Mr. Azeem Shah Khan......
How r u............Did u ever study in liaqat library.........Do u know kamran ACMA....he is in Uk as well....?

Regards

Kh. Ehrar Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA,M.A(Eco),
CIMA(Inter)-IBP,Stage-I
salaam n hi
thanx alot for ur reply but i want some points about the differences and commonalities in security n integration of information. if u kindly tell me some points abt that
sana

Integration of Information System means to make different module talk to each others seamlessly. Security is a different topic. We may say that threats increase after integration but security can be easy and centralized on integration.
It will be easy to answer if the question is more specific
Atique

sana
AOA
Dear Sana Jafari,
i belive the question u asked is rightly answered by Mr.Atique. By integration we mean that one module (part of the software) can access and use the information provided by other module automatically. Or in other words the out put of one module can be partially or totally the input for other module is called integration. The integration is not only in between the different modules of same software but can be among different software’s as well. On the other hand security is some thing, which is related to security issues of the modules of software. This mainly include the wrong flow of information or unauthorized use of the information, tempering with the system etc.

Thanks and Regards
Salman Shehzad
Lecturer.
Mohammad Ali Jinnah University,
Islamabad Campus
salman@jinnah.edu.pk

salaam
Sir
I m really greatfull to you for replying me and solve my problem.but if u can tell me some more points about my problem than it will help me more
thanx again
sana

sana
Oh
we all missed the major difference between "Security" and "Integration". I guess "Miss" is asking about the same difference

"Security" starts with S
and
"Integration" starts with I

AND THE SIMILARITY
Both contain only one "r"

Pages: 1 2