Accountancy Forum

Full Version: All ACMA/CMA (pak) plz contact....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Friend

I here by call are ACMAs/CMA to know about each other ...I start first...I belongs to batch VIII (1998) & qualified in first attempt in 2001......Presently I m doing job in a leading commercial bank presently in Audit dept as an Audit Manager........
I want some revolution in ICMAP.........to change people not faces......in this regard, i need ur opinion.....& suguustin how can we do this...I am in contact with my all qualified friends...& want to bring all with u at a plate form ........& need helpy from u ppl as well...........

Regards,

To acquire knoeldge one must study;to acquire wisdom one must observe..."Only Sky is the limit..$$$....."
Dear Ehrar

were u studying in Karachi Head Office?

azeem

Yes I did from karachi , Head office..........

Regards,

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA(Usa),MA(Eco),CIMA(Inter),IBP-Stage-I (Only Sky is the limit.$$$.....
Further I would like to add, I have been teaching to PIPFA & ACCA classes for last two years...recently in the evening I joined a university where i m teaching to MBA classes.............

Mr. Azeem , what ab u plz let us know.........if u fall in the subject mentioned criteria............
Regards,

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA(Usa),MA(Eco),CIMA(Inter),IBP-Stage-I (Only Sky is the limit.$$$.....
Dear Ehrar

Yes i do fall in the above criteria. I joined ICMAP in December 1998 Batch 1 (New Syllabus - Foundation 1). I passed all my papers in first go till Prof 2 because I got myself indulged into too many things, you know working full time + giving tutions + studying for 2 professional qualifications was never easy. too cut the long story short, i left ICMAP after Prof 2 about 3 ago and came to UK to complete my ACCA which i succesfully did last year. Now i am working in an Audit firm based in London.

i dont know what kind of change you want to bring? A change in the management? A change in Karachi Branch Council? A change in National Council? A change in attitude of the students? A change in environment? etc etc.

i dont know if u are/were aware of the first ever Student Body of ICMAP which was named "STUDENTS DEVELOPMENT FORUM" formed in 1999, i was one of the founder members of that forum and we arranged / conducted many Seminars, Workshops, Debate Competitions, Sports Competitions, Convocations etc which were never heard of within the premises of ICMAP.

I wont go into details why that forum was banned, but the sad truth is Our students (if not all - many of them) donot deserve to get that sort of atmosphere. i know this sounds very harsh but i can say this coz i m also part of it.

i will be more than happy to do anything for the betterment on ICMAP.

Kind Regards

Azeem Shah Khan

Kudos to u Ehrar ! ! !

Agreed . Utta Boy go ahead . make ICMAPs day )

I am with you .

Shehzad .

Dear Mr.Azeem

Yes I know about the "STUDENTS DEVELOPMENT FORUM".and my self did not take interest in that.I was there at that time.......becoz in professsinal studies plus tough life (Other activities) we dont have time to do these things we can do only at the cost of studies.thisis the reson why I did not prefer SDF. And further I noticed that mostly students in the forum was not mature......i know all of them but not u...

By the way, I m talking & thinking for more at the top management yes off course at national and branch council level..Bu the first step is KBC at our level...this can only be done after becoming ACMA.

lets try what can i do as far as i m in Pakistan.......

I have allready team of members that r trying to be elected in KBC.& hope they will.........

Azeem i have asked ab u..dont u think u do studies in liaqat library.......? I know one azeem who was in liaqat library with kamran..

Regards,

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
Dear Ehrar

I have never ever studied in Liaquat Library.

I dont know whom you met in SDF.
Myself, Salman Ahmed, Nauman Hussain, Atif Salman and a couple of girls were among the prominent members and I believe none of them were IMMATURE in any respect. Please let me know if you know any of the above. Yes i know it was a difficult task to become a part of SDF not only because of the study/work committment but also because of the ICMAP's atmosphere itself. Our own motivation to bring a change and KBC's backing were the only factors that SDF managed to survive for about 2 years.

Being abroad I dont think i will be of any help to you to win the elections. I am sure you have met Iqbal Lalani and Hanif Vertejee. They were very good friends of mine. They did a lot of work during their tenure. I am sure if you can contact them they will be able to help you alot achieving your target.

Regards

Azeem

Dear Azeem

I know Salaman personally & all other girls only by face.they all have left ICMAp....even salam too.he has joined ACCA........none of any student of SDF could qualify only one has reached in P-IV dear........name is....i think faisal...with glasses......do u remember.........? at last i thinkmost of the person was immature...& were passing time enjoying th elife.in SDF..at last they started cricket match with others....that was fun only at professinal level..& non-productie activities....dont u think a profeesional student can joinm criket during studies........; mostly were not serious at all..resulted in failureof that forum...

Any way ...

I know Iqbal lalani.....mushtaq madrass wala, Tariq Hussain & other members....& thats y i m trying to join the right team in election withmajority of memebers......

Let see what happened in the next elections...why dont u join CIMA now ur ACCA..........

Regards,

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
Dear Ehrar

Good to hear from you again. May i update you with the latest about the people you knew in SDF. You knew Salman personally (how come you didnt know me), its true that salman was not committed to ICMAP, he wanted to MBA from IBA since the beginning amd thats the reason he didnt complete his CMA, he is now an MBA-Finance from IBA and appearing in ACCA finals besides working for UBL bank on a senior post. you can contact him on citisam999@hotmail.com.

Nauman Hussain commonly known as Maani left ICMAP since he joined Orix Leasing and believed MBA will support his career more than CMA, he is now an MBA from AIMS still working for Orix on a respectable post.

Atif Salman is in Prof 3 and working for a firm i dont remember the name.........he is quite happy with his achievements so far.

Myself, i passed my papers in first go till i decided to quit it when i joined Citi Bank and start ACCA. I am a qualified ACCA now working for a firm of accountants and I am quite happy.

I lost contact with all the SDF girls and dont know what they achieved during the last 3 years.

I dont remeber Faisal, actually when we left ICMAP some new faces took over and even when we were running it there were quite a few members i couldnt recognise.

Cricket match was not the only thing SDF arranged, we arranged atleast 10 seminars, few work shops, a debate competition as well, none of the above was Non-Professional. even the cricket match was a very productive exercise, i firmly belive we must have more and more EXTRA CURRICULAR activities to give students a break, it eases their tension and make them more focussed when they get back to studies. further it also engross them in an activity which is better than the whistling and commenting on girls at the door.

there were other reasons of the termination of SDF and perhaps Iqbal Lalani can tell u in detail. SDF was a success for all the students of ICMAP, infact even those who were opposed of SDF said that we would love to be a part of it if certain members including Salman are removed from it.

i dont see any need to do CIMA after ACCA, here number of qualifications doesnt count. i am planning to do CTA (Chartered Tax Advisory) next year. thats an area of my interest for many reasons)

I am glad that you have selected the right team. My best wishes are with you to change ICMAP once and for all.

Kind Regards and Best of Luck

Dear Ehrar & Azeem

I am associate member of ICMAP. I read your discussion with quite interest.

I don't believe professional studies demand to stop all other activities. I never knew about SDF but I think it would have been in the benefit of studentsbecause such forum groom the personality of students and members. Such wise ideas should have the patronage of seniors as well.

Mr. Ehrar the fate of ICMAP can not changed merely by winning elections and forming group. You have to take very serious steps. I don't believe it is possible right now with present members and students. Even it is very painful to discuss change after many years of recognition as professional accounting body. Any way institute should follow the pattern of ACCA after 1995 if you they want to be successful even now. I pray for your success. I ahave many things to say but it is not appropiate place.

Dear Mirza Sahib

thanks for the acknowledgement.

Regards

Azeem

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I ahave many things to say but it is not appropiate place.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Many things to say regarding what, please elaborate

yes please tell us the inside story

azeem

AOA
Ehrar & Azeem
What happend to contacts of ACMA's
Regards
Mahtab

Pages: 1 2