Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CIA, CCSA, CGAP and CFSA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thanks for ur ... Plz also tell that on beeing an ACCA u r exempt frm the st paper but what if u dont opt for 3.1 Advanced Auditing in ur Optional Papers is still the st paper of CIA xempt........ Thanks

And one more thing... What is the normal duration alongside the minimum duration in which CIA can be completed...... Tahnks.....

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... S w a l a t ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

Edited by - swalat on Dec 29 2004 14305 PM
Azeem

I believe it depends where do you see yourself in say 8 years time. If you plan to move to industry then CIA appear to be a suitable progression. However, if you plan to remain in public practice then definately CTA is better much better than CIA.

Doing CA-EW or CIMA with ACCA, you know as well as I do that such combination in UK market will not add notable value unless you plan going back Pakistan. You can get the same job with CA-EW as you would do with ACCA.

I thought you were planning Dip IAS. Have you dropped that idea?

Dear ina

thanks for your valuable views.

Dear Goodman

yes DipIAS is still ON, targeting April 05 to appear in exams. recently bought ICAEW's manual and CDs for the course. you might be aware of the fact that ICAEW is also offering the same Dip and i opted for that one.

for some reasons i dont really want to study FULL TIME in year 2005, will look forward to do some hardcore study in 2006 which may include either CA-EW or CTA but meanwhile i will stick to some STUDENT FRIENDLY courses like DipIAS or CIA/IIA. just want to keep myself in the LOOP and build some supplementary knowledge by the time i start something BIG.

cheeeeeeeers

azeeeeeeeeem

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
DEAR INA

U have covered almost all of the materail of CIA... but i wanna know about something more like

1 Some one said to me that If u are full time student then CIA's registration fees ( may be examination fee also) will be reduced to an acceptable level.

2 I also heard to my colleagues that if u are full time tacher of any professional institutes then u have no need to pay subscription fees, may be exam fee also .

Is it right INA ..??? i also intend to do CIA but after qualifying ACCA .

so waiting ur response.

REGARDS

ASIF ALI
DEAR INA

R u alive in this world .. i am still waiting ur response ...

REGARDS

ASIF ALI
Dear Mr. Whappa

u r right. if u r a full time graduate or undergraduate student, The IIA fees is reduced to half (this includes both registration fee and examination fee) i think the registratio fee is reduced to round about 30US $ and the examination fee to somewhat 35us$ per paper/part.
For claiming this full time student status, u have to complete a form signed by the principal of the college or university in which u r enrolled as full time graduate or undergraduate student. the forms can be downloaded from IIA website.
for more information visit www.theiia.org

and Mr. Azeem

Can u tell us more about DipIAS and CTA
<font face='Georgia'></font id='Georgia'><font size=5></font id=size5><font color=brown></font id=brown>

O Lord! Increase me in knowledge...Ameen!
Dear Mr Durrani

Info re CTA can be downloaded from the following link

http//www.tax.org.uk/

and Info re DipIFR can be obtained from the following links

http//www.accaglobal.com/students/dipifr/

www.icaew.co.uk/ifrs

Hope the will help you out.

Kind Regards

Azeem

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
DEAR INA

REGARDS

ASIF ALI
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

AA Asif,

Yes I am alive in this world !!! . Sorry my dear as I could not have time to reply due to much busy schedule previous weeks. Fee for full time teachers if waived and for students it is half. Also for pakistan chapter members it is half.

If you let me know your email address I'll send you a pdf brochure of
pakistan chapter membership and more information and material.

Take care
INA

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
DEAR INA

REGARDS

ASIF ALI
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

AA Asif,

Yes I am alive in this world !!! . Sorry my dear as I could not have time to reply due to much busy schedule previous weeks. Fee for full time teachers if waived and for students it is half. Also for pakistan chapter members it is half.

Take care
INA

AA Asif,

Take care
INA

DEAR INA

Its amazing to see you again on board, yes dear i want to know much more about CIA (and if pakistan chapter membeship is necessary to reduce to fee schedule then definitely i will go through ur PDF broschure. My E-mail address is asif_ali@accamail.com, asif_ali372@yahoo.com. & also i wish to know about the study material of CIA exam preparation, tel me just one recommended book of CIA who covers whole of the literature of CIA exam ( part 1 to 4th paperz).

so again waiting ur response.

REGARDS

ASIF ALI
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lion_king</i>
<br />hey <u>INA</u> kool to know that u have done CIA i have a couple of questions for ...hope u will answer them........<s>1</s>....u have just named one book in ur posts will that be enough for part 1 or the whole of CIA ..........<s>2</s> can CIA certified do audit in pakistan, as i know that only CA's can do audit in pak;if they cannot do audit then whats the worth of CIA in pak.................<s>3</s>how long is the CIA articleship .............................k bye and take care

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Dear CIA means Chartered Internal Auditor. This organisation IIA(institute of internal auditors) regulates the internal auditing profession.IIA has its own standards and guidelines which are mandatory and applicable on those that are the members of IIA.

The IIA’s premier certification is the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation. The CIA title reflects competence in the principles and practices of internal auditing and serves as the only internationally accepted designation for internal auditors.

Attaining the CIA designation outwardly signifies your achievement and commitment to the profession. Whether you choose to stay within the field of internal auditing or move up within your organisation, the broad-based understanding of business, risk, and control required of CIAs will serve as an invaluable base of knowledge.

The CIA qualification is awarded by the IIA after successful completion of the CIA exams and 2 years approved practicing experience.

CIA candidates are required to complete 24 months of internal auditing experience or its equivalent. Equivalent experience means experience in audit/assessment disciplines, including external auditing, quality assurance, compliance, and internal control. Either a master’s degree or work experience in related business professions (such as accounting, law, or finance) can be substituted for one year of experience. Candidates may sit for the CIA exam prior to satisfying their experience requirement, but they will not be certified until the experience requirements has been met.

So CIA is for internal auditors while many other legal restriction only apply on External auditors. Likewise CIA qualified is fully eligible to act as an Internal Auditor.

---------------------------------------------
When The Going Gets Tough ... The Tough Gets Going ...
AOA

I am a chartered accountant and working in a textile group.
What should i try to do next, CIMA or CFA

please advise me with logics

regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FAK</i>
<br />AOA Friends,

Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA)
Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)

Any one of you knew anything about these certifications

Worth of these in pakistani market?
Are they Self-sufficient or considered to be a Supplement.
If they are a Supplement then what certification or degree one should pick that goes best for them.

Regards

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><b></b>
Hi KLBA,

Actually I am unable to determine the nature of your job in the "textile group". Once I know it, I'll be able to say something about it. However you may read my post about various certifications and their "needs".

Regards,
INA
Hi Lion King,

1- There is are some other materials (ie exam practice CDs and books) available, {you may contact safdar abid for these}.

2- Certified Internal Auditors are experts in Internal Audit. CAs do external audits. However, there is no compulsion for internal auditors to be CIA or CA. But as you know qualification pays always.

3- You need two years of internal (or external) audit experince. For more guidance refer to www.theiia.org.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lion_king</i>
<br />hey <u>INA</u> kool to know that u have done CIA i have a couple of questions for ...hope u will answer them........<s>1</s>....u have just named one book in ur posts will that be enough for part 1 or the whole of CIA ..........<s>2</s> can CIA certified do audit in pakistan, as i know that only CA's can do audit in pak;if they cannot do audit then whats the worth of CIA in pak.................<s>3</s>how long is the CIA articleship .............................k bye and take care

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hello Friends

Can someone plz tell me where in karachi i can find information about CIA, is there any exemption in CIA for CA(ICAP).
Pages: 1 2 3 4