Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Whats the future of CA in Pakistan after 8-10 yrs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,
AOA

Yesterday, I had a constructive argument with a friend on the future of CA qualification in Pakistan. My friend was of the view that the scope for CA would decrease in the future, whereas I beleived that ICAP wont let that happen ! But his arguments got me thinking.....

He argued that we Pakistan's have the habit of saturating fields. In 1996 (8 yrs back) for example, there was considerable demand & scope for an IT professional. If there were 100 jobs available, there were just 10 people to fill them. Thus, employers were prepared to pay these IT professionals high salaries. But as time flew, more & more people joined ranks to become "IT" professionals....resulting in OVER-saturation of the job market. Today, just 8 yrs after, an IT professional can hardly earn a small portion of the salary he could have earned in 1996. Similarly, throughout our history we have seen saturation in MEDICAL, ENGINEERING etc at some poing of time.

Can this sort of saturation happen in CA too? I have heard that ICAP only passes as much CA's as needed by the job market. But increasingly, I see more & more "talented & hardworking" people opting to do CA. Lets assume, that the ICAP exam hall after 10 yrs...was filled by 500 such students who do the paper so well that it was impossible for ICAP to fail them "fairly".

What will ICAP do then ? Pass just 200 people based on Demand or all 500 ?

Thus, is it wise for someone to go for studying CA now ?

AvgJoe

Yes I think ICAP will continue to 'hold back' if the need be by not only 'hiking' the passing crietria but also making it difficult via more complicated material in exams. The facts that more talented people are coming in for CA is true, it is also true that pass percentages have improved but is in no way proportional to the quality or quanity of intake. You have 250 people qualifying in one attempt followed by just 75 in the next. I refuse to admit that the 'quality' of students appearing in the very next attempt could detoriate at such a rate.

Having said that, some dilution in the intake process has taken place viz ACCA, CIMA and other professional qualifications which are now accesable in Pakistan.

Pakistani CA's worth has detoriated over the years, especially at the intake level but I don't see it hitting ock bottom like IT or MBA. because in that case the 'quality' of the product was never under control. Same goes for Engineers and General Physicians.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311
Well, Interesting topic,
In my opinion the demand for the CAs is expected to decrease in future, due to induction of ACCAs and other professionals in local market. The Seth sahibaan can start thinking over hiring of low cost other professionals instead of CAs. The policy of ICAP for passing the CAs is not expected to be changed, but lets hope for the better.

SMR
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smraza</i>
<br />Well, Interesting topic,
In my opinion the demand for the CAs is expected to decrease in future, due to induction of ACCAs and other professionals in local market. The Seth sahibaan can start thinking over hiring of low cost other professionals instead of CAs. The policy of ICAP for passing the CAs is not expected to be changed, but lets hope for the better.

SMR
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Is it really true, Plz seniors shed some light on it.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ANAM NAZ</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smraza</i>

SMR

Ok Anam Naz, Pehlay light to anay do [D]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ANAM NAZ</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smraza</i>

SMR

Ok Anam Naz, Pehlay light to anay do [D]

I was really expecting this answer from you......
ANAM NAZ,

SMR ki post 2004 ki hai aur is waqt 2010 hai. 6 saal baad CA ki kia haalat hai khud dekh lo.
Anam Naz nay 2004 ki post ka answer dia, Mari koi ghalti nahi hay is BAR.

Regards.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />Anam Naz nay 2004 ki post ka answer dia, Mari koi ghalti nahi hay is BAR.

Regards.

I know kay post 2004 ki hai. Mujhe sirf ye jan na tha k waqae CA ki demand decrease hogi ya nahe THATS ALL.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ANAM NAZ</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />Anam Naz nay 2004 ki post ka answer dia, Mari koi ghalti nahi hay is BAR.

Regards.

I know kay post 2004 ki hai. Mujhe sirf ye jan na tha k waqae CA ki demand decrease hogi ya nahe THATS ALL.

[D] Yeh to Tum R.E.C.O.V.E.R.Y maar rahi ho [D]

Any Wayz CA Will have future in Pakistan even after 10 Years. Business and organizations are growing rapidly CA will have scope in Coming Years also. INSHALLAH

Apko fikermand aur Preshan honay ki zaroorat nahi hay.

Thanks [p]
Thanks
Accountancy as a wider field is on the rise globally... InshAllah soon things will settle down in ou country leading to investment & industry... Hence, creating jobs for Ca....

To end, There i ALWAYS a room at the top Some MBAs still start from a six digit salary...
Thanks aamalik, But you didn't reply of my mails.....
Kabhi humain bhi Azma ker dakho, Hum zaroor reply kertay hain Emails ka!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

junior one overhere [)]
to me, my profession still sounds perfect, as i thought abt it 3 years ago when i entered this field,,,
abt cost cut.... its reality that middle level management is always on top of list and Acca's mostly work as middle level,,, we chartered accountants are always relied for financial decision making at executive level,, which surely is a post no company can dare to fireout frequently...
regards... [)]
Pages: 1 2