Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Articleship in England
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now, I am a student of CA and I am in MFC-B, will be taking examination on Autumm 2005. My question is that after the completion of Module-B, my intention is to go to England and ask for some exemption on the basis of the foundation done by me in Pakistan from ICAP. So will I be granted with some exemption over there if I continue my Chartered Accountancy program at England's ICAEW or if I'll study till Module-D and then pass it, so what is the criteria and exemption for me to do articleship over there and to carry on my studies simultanously with ICAEW?........... Muhammad Jaseem

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Right now, I am a student of CA and I am in MFC-B, will be taking examination on Autumm 2005. My question is that after the completion of Module-B, my intention is to go to England and ask for some exemption on the basis of the foundation done by me in Pakistan from ICAP. So will I be granted with some exemption over there if I continue my Chartered Accountancy program at England's ICAEW or if I'll study till Module-D and then pass it, so what is the criteria and exemption for me to do articleship over there and to carry on my studies simultanously with ICAEW?........... Muhammad Jaseem

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

http//www.icaew.co.uk/careersoverseas/index.cfm?AUB=TB2I_35298,MNXI_35298

There is a will. There is a way.
www.sarfraz.cjb.net
0333-4502662
I don't think so there are any exemptions available in ICAEW till you complete your C.A from Pakistan or u start c.a from beginning in U.K and i don't think so this is a big issue but actual problem is getting articles in u.k. As far as my information and experience is concerned i don't know any pakistani student who got articles in good firm in u.k they don't prefer pakistan students and if by luck u get articles there then that will be a very small firm and u will get exposure in flower shops or butcher's shop etc. so u must think about these things before leaving Pakistan.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>As far as my information and experience is concerned i don't know any pakistani student who got articles in good firm in u.k they don't prefer pakistan students and if by luck u get articles there then that will be a very small firm and u will get exposure in flower shops or butcher's shop etc<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Augustus

yes dear but would u like to tell me about ur experience and ur past events if u have gained some experience in U.K firm ..

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Right now, I am a student of CA and I am in MFC-B, will be taking examination on Autumm 2005. My question is that after the completion of Module-B, my intention is to go to England and ask for some exemption on the basis of the foundation done by me in Pakistan from ICAP. So will I be granted with some exemption over there if I continue my Chartered Accountancy program at England's ICAEW or if I'll study till Module-D and then pass it, so what is the criteria and exemption for me to do articleship over there and to carry on my studies simultanously with ICAEW?........... Muhammad Jaseem
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

As far as ur quiry is concerned tu dear i like to advice u that if u reallyy want to get ACA certification from U.K then firstly u should do ACCA it is an easy route to become a an ACA from ICAEW because there is a lot of exemptions are available in ICAEW .. u know what ICAEW has two main stages, in stage one there are 6 paperz have to be given and in stage two there are three paperz have to be given(including case studies). if u r an ACCA affiliate and qualified all of the ACCA paperz including optional paperz i mean to say 16 paperz rather than 14 paperz then ICAEW stage one is whollty exempted .... this is a big big achievement if u do ACCA ...

REGARDS

ASIF ALI
ACA itself is not very hard it’s same like ACCA but the main problem is articleship. I am AAT qualified and got membership as well and easiest route to get the ICAEW is AAT.

To study toward ICEW you must b working with the ICAEW firm. i applied in several companies for articleship to study toward ICAEW but i alway got reply like this, you application is in queue might b it take two to three year to process and one of them replied that they haven’t got vacancies until 2007.

Now i am doing ACCA and i gonna think about ICAEW after the ACCA

As for as exemption is concerned you cant get exemption until you complete your CA and I would like to mention again that you cant study for ICAEW until you get job with ICAEW firm.

Sajjad Dar

Edited by - sajjad_dar2000 on Nov 29 2004 74244 PM
I think u ll not get any exemptions on the basis of CA Foundation

Ace
To study ICAEW in the UK, you need to be employed by and ICAEW accredited employer!

Other alternatives for the UK employment market are CIMA, ACCA - neither of these stipulate accredition as a criteria for the qualification and their training/ experience requirements are not as stringent as ICAEW.

Hope that helps!

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk