Accountancy Forum

Full Version: plz help me to choose ACCA intenatinal or UK strm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aslam O Alikam to all forum members

Nowadays I am in confession to make decision regarding my ACCA course and I need you help to make a right/good decision.

I would be very grateful to you if you please spend your valuable time to read my post and advice me to make a right/good decision.

SITUATION
I am AAT qualified and studied UK taxation and audit in this course now I am studying for ACCA. I recently appeared in ACCA 1.3 paper and would start my ACCA part two in Feb. 2005 and here I have chance to choose either ACCA UK stream or international stream. If I choose UK stream than AAT would help me to pass taxation and audit paper in ACCA (AAT cover 70% of ACCA course). On the other hand, if I choose international stream than of course I have to spent bit more time on taxation and Audit paper.

MY FUTURE PLANNING
My plan is that as soon as I complete ACCA I would come back to Pakistan and start my career there.

QUESTIONS
1) Should I take UK stream or international?
2) Would my ACCA UK stream affect me in Pakistan? If yes than how?
3) how I can fulfil the requirement to work or practice in Pakistan (if I am UK stream qualified)
4) any other information which you think would help me to make a decision

thanks

Regards

Sajjad Dar

u have given urself the answer to ur question...because when ur coming to Pakistan then u must opt for Int. stream...haan if ur in a mood to go back to UK then u should opt for UK stream...

Ace
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
u have given urself the answer to ur question...because when ur coming to Pakistan then u must opt for Int. stream...haan if ur in a mood to go back to UK then u should opt for UK stream...

Ace
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

not a perfect answer................................read my questions one by one. I know that i should go for int stream i am asking how UK str can effect me in pakistan................

Hi...look!
the main difference in the UK stream and Int stream is the 2.2(law),2.3(taxation) and a paper of tax in part 3 of ACCA.
Upto my knowledge u cannot be a tax consultant in Pakistan after doing ACCA...because the Taxation of Part 3 of ACCA is concerned with UK Tax laws...
baaki reh gai baat 2.2 law...Business Law of Pk and Uk are the same...
so Int. stream or UK stream...doesnot have a significant affect on ur future in Pakistan...
In Pakistan key post of Auditor is always reserved for a CA...
So...Accounting is the only key post that u can get here in Pakistan...and the syllabus of ACCA and CA both follows IAS...therefore as i think u will be welcomed here to join Accounting Profession...UK stream/Int. stream will not be a big issue...

Ace
many thanks for ur reply................

ur welcome!

Ace