Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Pakistan forms institute of corporate governance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear Asif Khan
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Dear Mahtab,Guess you are the one who initiated
discussion with regards to corporate governance therefore,
would appreciate if you kindly advise us how(who)should we
contact in case anyone of us wants to join this institute?
Regards,Asif<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Please read
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The Institute has 19 founder members, which represent regulatory bodies of the professional institutions, stock
exchanges, corporate/financial sector & academia.The 1st
10-member Board of the Institute will be formed by the representatives ofthe founding members<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The establishment of Institute fulfills the need
for an institutional arrangement where all major
stakeholders jointly study governance practices and
identify the problems,remain responsive 2 the external
environment & come up with a combination of legislation/facilitation/cultural change/social values
& changes in their respective roles where necessary<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Institute as a co.u/S 42 of Co.Ord.84.Founding members of Institute include
1. S.E.C.P.;
2. SBP;
3. Pakistan Banks Ass.;
4. Overseas InvestorsCCI;
4. Federation PCCI;
5. Investment Banks Ass.Pakistan;
6. Leasing Ass.of Pakistan;
7. Modaraba Ass.of Pakistan;
8. Mutual Funds Ass.of Pakistan;
9. IBA;
10. LUMS;
11. ICAP;
12. Management Ass.of Pakistan;
13. ICSP;
14. ICSM;
15. ICMAP;
16. KSE;
17. LSE;
18.ISE etc.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance
would soon introduce regular programmes for education
on corporate governance as a subject and training in
the particular field. “The forthcoming course and
training would be offered to <u>directors,
corporate executives and chief financial officers </u>
of the companies<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The institute shall introduce regular
programmes for education on corporate governance
as a subject and training in the field of corporate
governance for <u>directors, corporate executives
and CFO of companies </u> by using educational
facilities of the IBA and LUMS, who are among the
promoters of Institute.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

So It would be better to Contact IBA and LUMS
for further infomation regarding Courses

Regards

Mahtab
Cheers
HI Mahtab!
I am conducting a research on Corporate Governance in Pakistan for my Masters degree, your posts have been helpfull in getting an understanding of the initiative on SECP on the CG reform in Pakistan . My search in the topic so far has just came up with similar kind of results as I understand that PICG is in its introductory phase , but can u plz advise on where to find the information about implementation of the CG strategy in the corporate sector and prcisely the success and achivements of PICG so far . Wihout any website for PICG it is a bit difficult to evaluate or get an insight into what stage of reform the corporate sector of our beloved motherland is .
Kindly reply!!
Please Visit
www.picg.org.pk
PICG has been set up for the furtherance of Corporate Governance in Pakistan as a not-for-profit company in Dec 2004, limited by guarantee and without share capital.
it is too long under stand this kind of things
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maani</i>
<br />plz brief ur post...so we can extract the meanings...plz

Ace
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi guys
its really a wounderful development. A strict code of conduct should must be established for private limited companies.

Awais
ACMA

As i understand , PICG was formed in the beginning of 2005. There were 19 founding members of PICG. Today, according to the PICG website there are 56 members (including founding members, full members and affiliate members) out of which a few of them are listed companies.
http//www.picg.org.pk/List%20Of%20Members.html

Would it be fair to jump to conclusions about the performance of PICG simply by taking into account, the increase in the number of members?

Or in other words...

what are the achievements of PICG since its formation?
The membership of the institute is too costly and only suit to the corporate members. Additionally the membership renders no benefits for individual members.
Pages: 1 2 3