Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Karachi University exams.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salams,
I have heard that KU offers certified courses in mathematics and statistics for students of intermediate who didnt take Maths as a subject and now want to take Maths or stats in their bachelors.
Can any one over her verify this?
Further more, I would like to know when these courses are offered and whether a student can simply directly give the exam while studying at home and registering at the time of the exam(the way students do with the O and A level exams)
Thanks.

Edited by - fyst on Dec 22 2004 80723 PM
<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,

hey fyst, better get these info from the univ directly. just get to the office at the main silver jubilee gate n they shall give u all the info. i u feel, u can even vizit the mathematics n statistics departments.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
Thanks for the reply Farhan,I would have had tried that staright on but having been to institutions like the board of intermediate (where there isnt any reception) I thought otherwise.
Ill hopefully go to KU soon,in the mean time I hope people who are at KU can help me with my query.
fyst.

Hi Dear

I would like to add some thing..I was there in mathematics dept with Dr. Ronaq Raza......in 1999-2000......when the progrm just started in 2000..Even i was there to sale the prospectus & involve in the program but.........Here i will recommend

Only Computer courses are offered from that Dept in the evening /afternoon........& there is no advantage of that except to get Karach i university certificate.....there is no learning even...

As far as Mathematic Subject is concern it is totally a rumor.....AS Such there is no arrangement for that......"A person who did not attempt Maths as a subjects can chage his intermediate by givign mathemetics papers" no no way..

Regards

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA(Usa),MA(Eco),CIMA(Inter),IBP-Stage-I & II (Only Sky is the limit.$$$.....)
hi...fyst y u donot carry on with the same subjects that u have in ur Intermediate...aap ki personality mein consistecy honi chahiye...ohterwise I am sure if u select Mathematics in ur Bachelors u ll drop it after a month or two...

Ace
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hi...fyst y u donot carry on with the same subjects that u have in ur Intermediate...aap ki personality mein consistecy honi chahiye...ohterwise I am sure if u select Mathematics in ur Bachelors u ll drop it after a month or two...

Ace
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Dear Ace

I could not get u .......

Regards

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA(Usa),MA(Eco),CIMA(Inter),IBP-Stage-I & II (Only Sky is the limit.$$$.....)
Hi Ehrar...
My last post about this topic meant that it will be a tough task for a person who have studied mathematics upto matric and then he wants to take mathematics in bachelors...mind it that he didn't opt for mathematics while selecting subjects for Intermediate...why he did so?...the reasons that emerges in my mind is that he do not feel comfortable with maths(his apptitude is not toward maths)...

like can u do ACMA F 2 Accounting without doing F 1 Accounting...definitely it would be a tough task...coz u studies basics of Accounting in F1...and without basics u cannot do F2 Accounting...

so Ehrar bhai do u got my point?...if not, I have further reasons...I need ur comments, waiting for ur reply...

Ace
Salams,
Ace I dont think that I am being inconsistent but rather prudent in selecting Maths as I am rather comfortable with it.
I scored A's in my Olevels in both Maths and Add maths and the sole reason that I didnt take maths in intermediate was because my college wasnt offering classes in maths for students taking biology.Though,thanks for your advice which I do think is correct in its own respect.
PS Does any else has any info about the query in my initial post?

Hi...fyst...h r u?
U didn't tell us about ur study plan after Bachelors...
what other subjects u want to take with maths...if ur interested in CA or ACCA then the maths u have studied in O Levels is enough to carry on...
I have done B.Sc...Maths was my major...but i donot find that maths useful here in CA...only basics are needed...

Ace
Thats true. I completed O levels before Joining ACCA (CAT) and had Enough methamatical knowledge as required.