Accountancy Forum

Full Version: UK mobiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Few days ago, I received a series of text messages from SMS.com. Useless messages so I deleted them.

this morning, trying to trace a number in my companys mobile bill, I realized that £9.50 is being charged by T-Mobile(phone operator), description given on the bill was "Third Party Services". The bill was already collected by direct debit from company bank account and no body knew. I got in touch with T mobile and asked what is this nonsense. They said SMS is sending me messages and they cant stop it happening and advised me to contact the company. I checked on the company and the company is registered in Canada. I spoke to police and regulators and they said cant do anything

I contacted T-Mobile again and asked them not to take any more money on behalf of SMS.com, they said no we will take it. I asked them to give me details and phone number. They gave me a UK phone number, I rang the number and the call was carried to USA. Dont no why, but after the events of last 12 years around world, I donot seem to trust US companies's business ethics. Anyway, I spoke to a sharp and beautiful voice and it transpired, apperantly, that someone has registered my mobile on this website.

Be careful about the useless messages you receive on your mobile and if you need the correct phone number of this company its 0870 7663320

Please dont confuse www.sms.com with this company.

This company sending sms messages is www.zimepl.com

Shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I've also registered my mobile account on SMS.com a few days ago. God bless my poor soul ....................

how can we be charged for others' actions without our consent, and who knows these networks are also part of it, at the end of the day they are the only beneficiaries.

thats very sad, thanx for letting us know about the scam.

regards

azeeeeem

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
I still dont understand how can they charge you for RECEIVING a sms?

Very easily if it is a subscribed service - which by the sounds of it is.

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>I still dont understand how can they charge you for RECEIVING a sms </font id=code></pre id=code>

They agree with the customer a charge for sending informatin by sms. And then they charge the money to mobile operator and opertaor collected from my account. I was very surprised and I got so annoyed that I send T mobile a legal notice. I mean T mobile is mobile operator not a collection agency.

if anybody receive unwanted text from sms.ac then take corrective actions immediately to avoid rip off.

Thanks so we could take a preventtive action not rather like u taking a corrective action.