Accountancy Forum

Full Version: GMAT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Have anybuddy attempted GMAT(graduate management admission test)...
if yes then what is the score system of this test...I have its details on a CD but that doesn't make clears its scoring system...

Ace
And Where and Why is this test used. Thanks,.........

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... S w a l a t ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,

GMAT stands for Graduate Management Apptitude Test.

as the name suggests, it is required for seeking admission in business schools. most of the good institutes require it. however pakistani business schools r indifferent to it yet!!!

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
Farhan some Pk business schools have also made GMAT as an admission criterion...LUMS, Govt. College Lahore, Nust, Air Univ. and Baharia Univ. are using GMAT as admission test...
And swalat ur always talking about foreign degrees...so its imp. for u to understand the importance of GMAT...u cannot get admission MBA in any foreign business school without scoring good marks in GMAT...
Harvard university
Oxford
London Business school
all these three require about 650 to 700 marks in GMAT...

Ace
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Farhan some Pk business schools have also made GMAT as an admission criterion...LUMS, Govt. College Lahore, Nust, Air Univ. and Baharia Univ. are using GMAT as admission test...
And swalat ur always talking about foreign degrees...so its imp. for u to understand the importance of GMAT...u cannot get admission MBA in any foreign business school without scoring good marks in GMAT...
Harvard university
Oxford
London Business school

Ace
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>salaam all,

GMAT stands for Graduate Management Apptitude Test.

as the name suggests, it is required for seeking admission in business schools. most of the good institutes require it. however pakistani business schools r indifferent to it yet!!!

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

thanks but in Oxford Brookes Universities MBA program the only pre-requisite is ACCA. Is GMAT also required there essentially......

Stilll Great Thanks to all of u who cleared my views abt GMAT Thanks once again..........

Just to clarify that having just scored a higher mark in GMAT or GRE doesn't guarantee admission anywhere - these tests are part of the accessment for admission. High weightages are given to your essays, prior experience, and potential for development.

Even if Oxford Brookes doesn't require a GMAT I wouldn't be surprised.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Even if Oxford Brookes doesn't require a GMAT I wouldn't be surprised <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Why wont u be surprised, Kiya Oxford Brookes itni khas university nahin hai kiya bhai .........

Thanks........

[/quote]

Why wont u be surprised, Kiya Oxford Brookes itni khas university nahin hai kiya bhai .........

Thanks........

[/quote]

I have answered this question in past too and I repeat myself this time as well that Oxford Brookes is not a targetted university by UK employers and although these league tables don't make any sense but even they have ranked it 3rd tier recently and it's MBA even in UK is not ranked in Top 15.

In my point of view, such MBA's are not worthwhile to invest in as they wouldn't increase your employability.

Hope I have clear my point of view.

DT

The MBA of Oxford Brooks that they are offering to ACCA's also requires GMAT and work experience...
in the information booklet u ppl can see the wordings "after some dessertations" u can get MBA degree from Oxford Brooks...
Oxford Brooks Univ. is a newly established school...I think it started after 1990...in the year 2000 "Times" ranked it among the new top 10 business schools of UK...
so that newly established school is in a sense advertising and trying to catch the attention of people by offering their B.Sc and MBA to ACCA qualifiers...

Ace
So u want to refer that by Also opting for MBA from this Uni alongsde ACCA wont help us improve our employabality and hence there is no value in doing it.... thanks.......

Its just an online MBA...so u can evaluate its worth...

Ace
Oxford Brooks is also offering regular MBA...but that requires GMAT and work experience of 3 years...so they are offering two qualities...

Ace
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Oxford Brooks is also offering regular MBA...but that requires GMAT and work experience of 3 years...so they are offering two qualities...

Ace

What abt work Expereince...... Is there any specific field in which the work expereince should be gained and does ACCA's 3 yr expereince will qualify as the expereince required for MBA.

And how many exemptions are gained in MBA of Oxford Brookes University on basis of ACCA........

no...but the work experience should be a work experience...only a documentary proof ll not work....

Ace
Harvard university
Oxford
London Business school

Ace
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote><font face='Verdana'>
thnx mr. maani, for adding in my knowledge. okey, ppl, i m sorry for making the mistake in interpreting GMAT in my previous post. GMAT is Graduate Mgmt. Admission Test, and NOT the "apptitude" test. i m sorry for making this mistake

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
Pages: 1 2 3