Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Need advice !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ppll..!!! I am new to this forum nd need ur help..!!
Well actually im student of second year (computer science) nd i want to make up ma mind for future...!!!
These days CA has gott good scope nd so i decided to take it but i guess its too toughhh...!!!
But can ne1 tell me kay CA karnay main kitnay saal lagtay hainn ?? nd wht's da difference b/w CA, ACCA nd CAT nd doess all these things hav got good scope here in pakistan...!!!
I wud be really thnkful to u pplzzz..if u pplz can help me out..
thnxx..ALLAHAFIZ !

Chocolate Dreamz!!
Hellp pppl ! Listen first what u have to decide or how much time u have for studies ? Basically i am doing ACCA i will prefer u for ACCA because of its numbe of factors and due to its international repute and growth as well uknow.
Bt when u say CA then its none but HELL u have to suffer a lot of time and lot of hardwork and attention to be CA.
CA is not the TOY of child .

Regards !
Abdul Samad MBA (iiui) ; ACCA (2.3 & 2.4)

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi ppll..!!! I am new to this forum nd need ur help..!!
Well actually im student of second year (computer science) nd i want to make up ma mind for future...!!!
These days CA has gott good scope nd so i decided to take it but i guess its too toughhh...!!!
But can ne1 tell me kay CA karnay main kitnay saal lagtay hainn ?? nd wht's da difference b/w CA, ACCA nd CAT nd doess all these things hav got good scope here in pakistan...!!!
I wud be really thnkful to u pplzzz..if u pplz can help me out..
thnxx..ALLAHAFIZ !

Chocolate Dreamz!!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

www.geocities.com/samadsh
CA
There will be six Modules namely A, B, C, D, E & F.
Foundation and Intermediate Level examinations are held in March and September each year and are called spring and autumn examinations respectively.
Professional Level examinations are held in June and December each year and are called summer and winter examinations respectively.
Each module will consist of three papers with the exception of Module D, E & F which will have four papers;
Papers passed will be retained as per rules of progression provided referral level marks have been achieved in all the remaining papers of the module

The entry stream to this course will be as follows
‘A’ Level (at least two passes with minimum Grade E
Higher Secondary School Certificate/Intermediate in Science, Commerce or Arts with
a minimum of 45% marks.
Graduate of any discipline
Candidate who has been unsuccessful in the direct Foundation Examination (taken
privately as per scheme).
Other candidates having equivalent qualifications recognized by the ICAP.

Eligibility
Graduates ( 2nd Division and Below) and Postgraduates( 2nd Division and Below) from universities recognized by UGC
Non Graduates (with at least 45% marks in Intermediate or 2 Passes at A Level in grades A to E)
Candidates are allowed to appear in PPT on awaiting result basis

Exemptions from PPT
The graduates and candidates holding HSC Certificate (At least 60 % Marks)
A Levels candidate with two C grades
The candidates holding recognized professional or master degree
subjects in each module
Module A
A1
Functional English
A2
Quantitative Methods
A3
Introduction to Economics & Finance

CCPT
Course of Computer Practical Training

Module B
B4
Introduction to Financial accounting
B5
Mercantile Law
B6
Introduction to Information Technology

Module C
C7
Financial Accounting
C8
Taxation
C9
Business Communication & Behavioural St
PSTC
Presentation Skill Training Course

Module D
D10
Company Law
D11
Auditing
D12
Cost Accouning
D13
Information Technology

Module E

Accounting Reporting
Auditing
Corporate Law
Business Management

Module F

Management Accounting
BFD
Taxation
IT

try try again
We all discussed a lot on this topic. Help your self search in this form and im sure you will find your answers as well as many other usefull info.

or visit www.accaglobal.com

Regards

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

Hi...Welcome to the forum...CA needs atleast 6 years....ACCA needs atleast 4 years after Intermediate....CAT is a gateway to ACCA i.e if u want to join ACCA after Intermediate.... then u have to do CAT first....it ll take a year almost to complete CAT...and 2.5 years for ACCA....
They have enough room in Pakistan for a bright future....

Ace
<font face='Verdana'>
i advise u, im_neesha, tht u search the previous posts in archieves. u shall get lots of related guidelines n help. in short, ACA takes atleast 6-7 yrs. ACA, ACCA, etc all r very good qualifications n promise bright future.

i request all other members of this forum not to embark the same useless debate of ACA vs. ACCA again, ve ve just got rid of 15+ pages long harrange. plz dont do tht again.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>i request all other members of this forum not to embark the same useless debate of ACA vs. ACCA again, ve ve just got rid of 15+ pages long harrange. plz dont do tht again.

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Dear Farhan

as it is the second time i have seen a similar MESSAGE from yourside, I completely agree with you with this fact. I was one of the culprits in ACCA Vs CA topic who filled up pages retaliating to some of the members who were trying to degrade one of the professional qualifications, i think it was necessary to do that to create balance on this forum. I am sure if you were in my place you wouldn't have done anything different.

you rightly said we MUST respect eachother and all the professional qualifications and i guess after 15 pages of junk people will think twice before degrading any qualification.

Best Regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
hey heart beat u r back again
congrgulations
from so many satrs to 2 posts
ok
dont worry
hi to u
n hi jee
u shouldnt come here in ca because its going to be same like medical
so no no no

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>as it is the second time i have seen a similar MESSAGE from yourside, I completely agree with you with this fact.
<font face='Verdana'>
i know tht no one listens it. i think tht admin shud put censor over the phrases like ACCA vs. ACA etc ... hehehehehe
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
From ur nick, it seems like u are a girl. So, I am going to base my advice on that.

CA is our local accounting qualification. At present it is the most sought after & most "VALUEABLE" accounting qualification in pakistan. Doing CA will take ATLEAST 6 years. But excluding few people it takes a lot more than that. CA also requires a "lot of" hardwork & full time dedication. Its indeed not a childs play & u really have to have a serious attitude to pass it. Not many girls enter in this field because of various issues. (Perhaps because in medical u just have 1 yr of housejob but in CA u have 4 yrs of 'housejob' which is really tough...so u can compare urself.)

ACCA on the other hand is a UK accounting qualification. It takes 2 to 2.5 years to do. But there are entry requirements for ACCA. If u have done A-levels u can start right out with it. Otherwise u have to do CAT. (U should look up the rules urself @ ACCA website, coz I dont exactly remember them). At present it has limited value in Pakistan, although it is expected that it would gain value in the future. I personally know some girls who have done ACCA, so as opposed to CA, doing ACCA is still much easier for a girl.

CAT as I mentioned above, is just a sort of entry exam for ACCA. You have to give CAT before u can start ACCA if u didnt do A-levels & did Matric/Inter instead. CAT as a qualification has very limited value I guess, coz even an A-level student has more knowledge then a CAT.

In the end, I would advise u to look at all angles before jumping in. Do u have sufficient time to complete these qualifications? Like 6 yrs for CA. Coz, a lot of girls have to face pressure to marry before that & their studies are left in the middle. Take the case of Huma who is facing the same problem (I guess).

The choice is urs. But I would advise my cousin or sister to do ACCA. Because, its much more easier. A lot of girls have attempted & passed it before, unlike CA. Plus, if u are not satisfied with the salary on a job, consider TEACHING! My female accounts teacher is an ACCA who is teaching A-level accounts at my college. She is earning more than what even a CA would earn from our school! Its a fact that some teachers earn more than even ACTUARIES in pakistan. (especially A-level teachers).

When choosing ur career, u should also consider long-term implications.Its fine for girls to be judges/accountants/pilots etc. But the sad fact is only 2 professions are looked upon with respect in Pakistan for girls Teaching & Medical. Plus, if u choose to have a 9-8 job, dont u think u would be ignoring ur kids/home? I dont want to sound like a person who wants to chain u in walls but full time working women do have severe problems with their married/social/house life.

Hope this helps.

Cheeers,
AvgJoe

PS I have assumes u r a girl seeing ur nick "neesha". If are not a girl, then plz accept my apologies but I must say...u should be careful when making nicks..

PPS Forum members, plz correct me if I have made ne mistakes.