Accountancy Forum

Full Version: HOW TO COMPLETE MY BSC ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Salaam ALL

I have a question especially to the people residing in KARACHI, Pakistan.

I live in Denmark right now and doing BSC in economics and Business administration. I am in the final year of my bachelors and have only one semester left after summer vacation of 2005.
During my vacation i am moving back to Pakistan and coming back to attend the final semester is out of consideration. I am wondering if there is a way of completing my bachelors in karachi, if any of you have ever been in the same situation as I or know someone who has migerated to pakistan?
I DO NOT WANT TO START FROM THE BEGINING AS IBA HAS SUGGESTED (IBA doesn't give any kind of exemption ( )

Looking forward to hear from you guys?

REGARDS HUMA

hi back....Huma........

bieng an over sease in the similarsituation....earlier..
(left my BBA hons)

i would reccomend you.... to find some way to stay Denmark.....
and i think it may be possible...
regards...
syedhassan...
[/quote]

ACCA
<font face='Verdana'>
the best option is tht u stay there till completion of the degree. delay ur comming here if possible, bcoz it shall get difficult here.

however, if comming back here is a must, then look for all the institutions tht offer similar type of degrees ie economics n business.

university of karachi, like IBA, does not give exemptions to ne1, even to its very own graduates!! other institutions/universities tht offer economics along with business/management r Greenwich University, Preston University, n some others tht i m not sure of. these institutions, i think, do award exemptions n may allow u to continue.

however, do contact them directly n discuss the prob in depth. but in the end, my advice is to stay there, by hook or by crook.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<font face='Verdana'>
the best option is tht u stay there till completion of the degree. delay ur comming here if possible, bcoz it shall get difficult here.

however, if comming back here is a must, then look for all the institutions tht offer similar type of degrees ie economics n business.

university of karachi, like IBA, does not give exemptions to ne1, even to its very own graduates!! other institutions/universities tht offer economics along with business/management r Greenwich University, Preston University, n some others tht i m not sure of. these institutions, i think, do award exemptions n may allow u to continue.

however, do contact them directly n discuss the prob in depth. but in the end, my advice is to stay there, by hook or by crook.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Thank you guys.. I will try green wich and preston university then.. IF any of you have further information then do let me know..

I know the best i can do is to take the final semester in Denmark, but i finally have deccided to get married and cant postpone it anymore (already have done that for 5 years now ). So i am really hoping that i can complete my studies in karachi.

So anyone have any other information regarding this, plzzzzzzz do let me know.

Regards
HUMA

I suggest that you contact the said universities + other good business schools like LUMS and CBM at this time and ask them for their policies in this regards before taking any decision.

but........... CBM,AMI(IQRA-UNI) ANDZABIST IN KARACHI AND LUMS AND IMT OR UMT IN LAHORE SHOULD TO ASK FOR....
BUT PERSONALLY, I NEVER SAW CREDIT TRANSFER FROM ABROAD.......

AMI (in karachi) had colaboration with GLASGOW UNI.. SOME TIME.....
DO CHECK THIS ONE...... if its still the similar.
check this out.
http//www.iqra.edu.pk/foreignCollab.asp
and do check the KARACHI CAMPUSES
good luck..
syedhassan....

ACCA
Hi,
LUMS offers credit transfers, but they aren't offering Economics as a Major at Degree Level...
You can try "The University of London External Programme"...the examinations are held each year through British Council in Pakistan in all the major cities including Karachi...Exemptions(credit transfer) are also available...

http//www.britishcouncil.org/pakistan-exams.htm
http//www.londonexternal.ac.uk/how_to_apply/exemptions/index.shtml

use the above stated links for further information...

Allah Hafiz...

Ace
miss frankly speaken............you shouldnt even think abt returning back to pakistan specially karachi, so i suggest u kick ur fiance ass, complete your batchlors degree in denmark, and try to find someone else.
i am sure you find a good husband there if ur qualified and pretty.

Regards

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
miss frankly speaken............you shouldnt even think abt returning back to pakistan specially karachi, so i suggest u kick ur fiance ass, complete your batchlors degree in denmark, and try to find someone else.
i am sure you find a good husband there if ur qualified and pretty.

Regards

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Hi Fahad

I could not help my laugh reading ur views. and to tell you the truth i do not have such an immature approach towards life.
And plz mind your language when you talk about others, thats a sincere suggestion, you are dealing with professionals here.

If you read my post carefully i am seeking advise regarding "HOW TO COMPLETE MY BSC" and NOT "HOW TO FIND MYSELF A HUSBAND"..

Anyway thanks for your time you took off for writing.
REGARDS
HUMA

oo lala,

s'excuser dame

Regards

Fahad A Khan

i don't know much but i think you shouldn't go for the preston and these kind of useless universities which are worth nothing.
instead of this try giving some exams through british council or stuff.that would be much better.......if not that,,,then leave ur sstudy instead of joining preston,al-khair etc etdc..

i don't know much but i think you shouldn't go for the preston and these kind of useless universities which are worth nothing.
instead of this try giving some exams through british council or stuff.that would be much better.......if not that,,,then leave ur sstudy instead of joining preston,al-khair etc etdc..

yeah i have also given up the C-grade universities.. as i read the article regarding rating of pakistani universities..
i am considering.. ZABIST and IQRA... what is ur opinion regarding these unis...

regards

HUMA

yeah i have also given up the C-grade universities.. as i read the article regarding rating of pakistani universities..
i am considering.. ZABIST and IQRA... what is ur opinion regarding these unis...

regards

HUMA

HI THERE....
YES.... SO ZABIST AND IQRA....
I'HVE BEEN WITH IQRA DURING MY BBA (HONS ) THERE...TILL EARLY 2001
YES THEY HAD A WELL QUALIFIED FACULTY....(INCLUDING PHD'S)
NOT NOT A BIG BUT USEFUL LIBRARY....
AND 10-14 BIG CLASSROOMS..5ACRE CAMPUS WITH 3 ALLOCATED TO CAR-PARK..
AND... SURE.. COSTLY...
THEY STILL SAY SOMETHING ABOUT COLLABORATION WITH SOME EUROPIAN UNI'S
AND.. THEY KEEP A BETTER STANDARD THAN OTHERS THERE...
SO..IM..... ITS GOOD TO TRY UR LUCK THERE...

GOODLUCK
SYEDHASSAN......

ACCA
Salaam SYEDHASAN

i contacted both IQRA and ZSABIST by e-mail. I got an one-line's reply from ZABIST, hope to hear from them again. But i never heard anything from IQRA university. I know paskitani system it a bittttttt slow.. so i being OPTIMISTIC still waiting for a reply..

THANKS for ur reply..

HUMA

Pages: 1 2