Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Older versions of ACCA Books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the older (2003-2004) & recent editions (2004-2005) of BPP & FTC Acca books (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1)?

I wont be starting ACCA until next year but since I have an accounting background I was thinking about buying the books now to get an idea about the course beforehand.

If I buy the new books now, I will have to buy them again next year. (Paying double for each paper). I was wondering if I could get second hand or cheaper versions now, so I can buy the latest versions next years without 'wasting' any money.

Is there any shop (in Karachi) from where I can get the second hand books ?

Looking forward to ur replies. Thanks.

Cheeeers.

hi

other than TAX (2.3 and 3.2) they won't be substantially different.
idea to buy second hand books isn't bad, i think the major accounting book stores in Karachi Pettiwala, Al-Wahid etc all do old editions at subsidised prices.

for second hand books you can also go to Urdu bazar.

if u r buying these books just for beforehand knowledge then i would say joining British Council/ACCA office or any other library closest to you would be a better choice.

cheeeeeeeers

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
A-O-A,
I've post a message few days back but haven't found any positive reply visit the post
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1588 and if you are interested in buying books kindly let me know.

Regards,

In This imaginative World Nothing is Impossible
Well thanks for ur posts.

I have tried Petiwalla & Poineer. BUt they only sell original ones. Urdu bazar doesnt have a single ACCA book. I dunno why they call it "urdu bazar". Its more or less an "A/O Level" Bazar now with no books for professional level.

Dear Azeem, the british council closed its library here after the bombings (as far as I know). Anyways, they didnt have ne ACCA books back then.

Can any member plz help ?