Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA Query About books.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are BPP or Foulkslynch books better. Which books should i buy? And other then the course material, what else do you need to refer to pass the exams.

ARIF
A.O.A

How r u Arif. Plz remember one guideline that before asking for help we should always first search for the information ourselves. This increases persons Confidence and even also motivates them. I searched ur querie in the "Search" Option of this forum and found out some Nice posts, posted here by some of our Members. Hope these previous Posts will help to satisfy ur querie.

My personal Opinion suggests that actually if a student has to guarantee himself a pass then he should refer to Both Books, rather than sticking with only one.As if One Book is better in One Aspect the Other Book is better in another. And remember these books are just Referance Books.

A member Of our Forum Stated
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I would suggest that for some papers BPP is good while for others go for ATFL especially taxation, financial reporting, audit and performance management]<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> 1) get the course outline first.
2) try to seek the understanding of the subject at the general level,
ie apply it on ur normal life...
3) go through the whole course...
4) n establish the connection between ur general understanding (2) and
this detailed knowledge....
5) finally do as much practice u can....especialy past exams
questions in the xams conditions....it will help in boosting ur
confidence....<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Other than these to books u should Check the Syllabes Guidelines Issued By ACCA to find about some of the other Recommended Study Books For ACCA . And of Course Dont forget to Attempt the Questions From The Kit and Past Question Papers these will really aid u while preparing for the exam.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Although It isnt Easy But if you are ready to put in such efforts, then go ahead and cliam your rightful piece of the pie. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

And Of course u Cant Forget Dua. Its essential for Our Spiritual Well Beeing and to score a pass.

One of our Friend of this Forum Posted

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The most important study guideline for anybody appearing in ICAP exams is to pray as much as they can and the dua should not be about the mood of the examiner.... instead one should pray that the council members on the day of their meeting are in a gracious mood! <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come."
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

Edited by - desert sleet on Jan 15 2005 34930 PM

Edited by - desert sleet on Jan 15 2005 40004 PM
Thanks for replying. It really helped.

ARIF
Hi Arif,
I didn't find any material difference in these books...

Ace
Maani. Hi buddy. Nice to hear from you again. It is from your first reply that i came know about BPP and Foulkslynch. And i was confused as to which books to go for. I think for any post i can always expect a helping hand from ur side.
Actually my dad is going to bombay where there are BPP publishers but not foulkslynch. And ordering foulkslynch books online can prove to be very expensive. So i thought of getting BPP books from there itself.
I have part 1 exempted and plan to appear for Part 2 first 4 papers in Dec 2005. So other then the BPP books do i need to get some other books or question banks also? If yes then what else do i need?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks once again.

ARIF
Hi Asif,
BPP is more effective than Foulkslynch...along with Text books you must buy "Kit" for the books (kit means questions and solutions relating to papers)...and what have u thought about paper 2.3...coz its related with tax...and u have a choice for Pk taxation and Uk taxation...but if u are going to do complete ACCA then u should opt for Uk taxation....

Allah Hafiz...

Ace
Thanks a lot maani.

ARIF
hi,
in my personnel openion BPP books are far more better then ATFL.
although i have studied both books but i found BPP best in all types of material eg. key terms exam questions and mock ups every thing is better then ATFL so i suggest that u should prepare from BPP.

something is missing