Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Islam&Peace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ASA members,
The other day i was having a discussion with a non-muslim friend and he wanted to know the meaning of 'assalaam alaikum'.. wen i did the translation for him.. he wanted to know why islam emphasises so much on peace and if islam can really be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword!!
Though i did not agree with him, i cudnt give him a very convincing reply.. can any of u help me out with an answer or mebbe u cud gimme links to some site that has the answers..
allah hafiz,
asif

You can if u think u can!
sorry members.. there was some prob with my computer and the topic has been posted twice.. moderator may remove the duplicate thread.. and interested members kindly post on this thread.. thank you

You can if u think u can!

Edited by - asif_ghat on Jan 20 2005 44234 PM
one thing comes to mind.

These days its the time and age of media so any news/message is spread through this medium. Old days sword was the only medium. Look at history muslims always (almost always) acted in the interest of national security they did not attack. Now tell how many nations/people converted cuz they were attacked.

There are lots of people who converted Muslim in recent days. I believe every day people are accepting Islam. I think there should be no doubt that all new Muslims accepted Islam due to its reality not by the sword.

You cant spread Islam by the sward, assume somebody come to you and says “accept the Christianity or be ready to die” might be that time you accept the Christianity but soon after you would come back to normal (old religious) because you accept the Christianity due to fear of death.

Therefore its not true that Islam spread by the sword.

Islam is a living relegion. It is, trully, more then a relegion. I can't say more about it now but adding to the topic I would like to say that Islam is not spread by sward but it is spread under a sword. The majority of early Muslims were hurt by Kufars. There lives where in danger, they where in hands of non-Muslims but still they accepted Islam. Non-Muslims had athority rather then Muslims. Where Muslims forcing people (having no power) to accept Islam? No.

The other example is Mangoles. Those monsters of deserts who killed people with no mercy. Muslims lost every thing when they faced Mangols but what happened next. Islam won the war and all mangol rulers became Muslims one by one. Those who killed Muslims where now Muslims. There are many examples where the "SWARD" was in hands of "ACCEPTER" not the MUSLIMS. So we can prowdly say that Islam spread for itself and not only that it also protected us, the Muslims, From many dangers.

If any one have seen the movie "ISLAM - the nation of faith", please tell me how is it? because I have seen a little and CD was crashed.
It is purely about this topic. They present pacts that Islam was not spread by sward. They also said that soon Islam will be the world's greatest relegion.

```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
http//www.shahid-fss.tk